Author Topic: Ideal weight for height?  (Read 12750 times)

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Ideal weight for height?
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2013, 11:58:27 AM »
in my experience, most men don't train/bodybuild to impress women, since most women don't particularly go for big freaky bodybuilders.... men 'bodybuild' to be bigger than other men.

the same way women want to be 'skinnier' than other girls, even though most men don't like 'skinny' girls.

me? I train for me... women are attracted to my face and personality first, muscles second... if a girl doesn't like me looking the way I look, tuff shit for her, i'm not gonna change my body to fit what's 'attractive' to women. I go from big and grainy and veiny and freaky and hard, to smaller and puffy and "buff" every 4-9 months.. up and down, up and down. and if the girl or girls don't like it, that's their problem and I don't wanna be with her anyways.

if you're comfortable in your physique, you have confidence... whether you're 185lbs, or 255lbs.

now, if you're 185lbs ONLY because that's why women want, you have bigger issues.

personally, at about 6' tall (a lil over, not under... my last H.S. physical I was 6'1.5", degeneration of a disc In my neck & heavy squatting has fucked my spine. lol)... anyways, I'd rather be 10% and 235/245 than 5-7% and 215.

my bodyweight depends about 90% on my diet, not the amount of drugs I use. I can be 215 and 5% or I can be 235 % 8% using the same amount of steroids, the only difference is force-feeding myself... which is why i'll probably never touch the 250-260s again.

Finally a good post by esfitness  ;D

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2013, 11:59:30 AM »
You don't look narrow at all but those traps look like they reach up to your ear.  ;D

Big traps are mandatory for a powerful physique. Chest and traps are the most important.
A

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2013, 12:00:50 PM »
Hey virgin what do you do for your traps? Reps and sets too.

Narrow clavicles  ;D

Haha, they've always been a better bodypart for me.  I don't do much shrugging, 3-5 sets of 15-20 reps with 225-315 lbs once every 5 days.  The thing that really makes a difference is relaxing the traps before unracking the weight and feeling a stretch in them throughout the whole movement.  Try and let the bar hang as low as you can.....most people keep their traps all tensed up throughout the movement.  I learned this technique from the mighty 'no one'

I get much better results from light weights/high reps, good stretch, and full ROM than if i were to pile the weight on the bar and shrug w a 2" ROM

Beyond that, one-arm db rows are probably the second-best trap exercise... prop one arm on a bench, keep your torso between 45-60 degrees, and make sure to feel a stretch at the bottom.  Anywhere from 10-25 reps work best for me

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2013, 12:01:22 PM »
best weight for 5'10 guy who doesn't want to look like a bber?  190 6-7% bf.

5'10 200 6% bf on a small frame your going to look like a bodybuilder no questions asked.
l

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2013, 12:02:05 PM »
Big traps are mandatory for a powerful physique. Chest and traps are the most important.

Maybe, but personally I don't care about a "powerful physique". I 'd rather look well balanced and proportionate...no offense to proudvirgin I think he's gotta a good build.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2013, 12:02:31 PM »
Maybe, but personally I don't care about a "powerful physique". I 'd rather look well balanced and proportionate...no offense to proudvirgin I think he's gotta a good build.

Damn it! I was gonna use that avatar!

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »
^

O RLY?

:P

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2013, 12:07:21 PM »
For reference, this is me at 5'9" 195.  TRT dosage and galeniko diet.  Idk, maybe 9% ?

I work in an office, so I need to fit into slacks and button shirts...it's a good look for me.  I like to think i look "athletic" ;D

I am about as wide as Heath, so I feel like much additional size would just make me look stumpy.

Your fap material is disturbing.... :-X

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2013, 12:09:27 PM »
Thanks for sharing PV.
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2013, 12:13:51 PM »
LOL, I am 6"3' and 205, probably 10-12%. I have a looooonnnnnggg road ahead.

Think Terrell Owens.
A

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2013, 12:18:01 PM »
Think Terrell Owens.

I would like to stay white, thanks.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2013, 01:41:45 PM »
5'8" 200 under 10% but build and density are EVERYTHING. wide shoulders 18" neck , 18" arms. a 5'8" underwear model never gets noticed in clothes and looks small its the guy with powerful build who gets looks and envy. unfortunately u have to lift heavy and be strong to achieve this.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2013, 01:54:13 PM »
Thanks brother!  Do you plan on juicing?  I know you're natural now, but I would really recommend 250mg test a week.

Practically no sides, safe, and it makes such a big difference in your physique.  Muscles get rounder and just 'pop' in a way that they'll never do as a natural.

Also, buy a pair of fat-grip attachments. Best thing for forearm growth, and big forearms really help deliver that "powerful"look i think you're looking for

I like this size because i can still blend in if need be.  I couldn't imagine weighing 20-40 lbs more like Chiro or AlphaMaleDawg. I bet those guys part crowds

I'm downsized lately bro. Holding tight at 225. My biggest was last winter at 243 and it was just stupid. Lost all cuts/lines. I think I weighed as much as AMD but his pics still looked way bigger than me at that same weight. My new goal is maintaining around 8% year round now (10% now), honestly hoping I'll be sub 220. I've got expensive ass dress clothes I need to be fitting into  :D

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2013, 01:57:36 PM »
For reference, this is me at 5'9" 195.  TRT dosage and galeniko diet.  Idk, maybe 9% ?

I work in an office, so I need to fit into slacks and button shirts...it's a good look for me.  I like to think i look "athletic" ;D

I am about as wide as Heath, so I feel like much additional size would just make me look stumpy.

Solid physique. Nice high pointy Levrone'esque traps. Would hit.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2013, 02:31:36 PM »

I'm guessing the OP is young , I was like that his age, plus I was training at Golds Venice in the late 90's with all those guys like flex, Cormier, Rico, prince it was def something for a 15/16 yr old to observe  ;D

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2013, 02:57:59 PM »
I'm guessing the OP is young , I was like that his age, plus I was training at Golds Venice in the late 90's with all those guys like flex, Cormier, Rico, prince it was def something for a 15/16 yr old to observe  ;D

Where any of them selling gear?  :D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »
5'8" 200 under 10% but build and density are EVERYTHING. wide shoulders 18" neck , 18" arms. a 5'8" underwear model never gets noticed in clothes and looks small its the guy with powerful build who gets looks and envy. unfortunately u have to lift heavy and be strong to achieve this.

i dunno.... when i'm smaller (leaner) i don't look all that impressive in clothes.. my neck rarely goes below 18, but when i take off my shirt i get 'what the fuck' comments.. shirt comes off and i look like i put on 15lbs.

some guys just don't look 'great' in clothes... look at shawn ray, or darrem Charles, or even dexter Jackson or milos..... then look at Nasser or dante, or kevin English or jose Raymond.

... fuck, i was in a hurry and forgot what my point was gonna be. lol

it all depends on your frame. i have a small frame.. super small wrists, my waist can get down to 30/31 at 195 or so... my triceps are long (biceps are short though) and my delts are big and round .... one of my employees is the same height and weight and fairly lean, but i look like i have 40lbs on him. (his quads blow mine away though in overall size, although his are fat... he does have some dorian calves though).

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2013, 06:02:43 PM »
You don't look narrow at all but those traps look like they reach up to your ear.  ;D

Thanks dude, but I look pretty narrow in clothes.....it's all an illusion

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2013, 06:11:36 PM »
Where any of them selling gear?  :D

Well... It is Venice after all ;)

Among gear, other stuff was sold as well, I know the older members here have waaay more juicy stories about Golds since I was just a 15 yr old back in 99 :D

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2013, 06:30:00 PM »
I've been 200lbs at around 12% but I felt small. I want to look muscular even with clothes on.
200lbs at 6ft at 12% IS small.

that will be a shredded 180lbs or so.

to look muscular in normal clothes and shredded at same time, we talking about almost heavyweight build.
or the classes up to 200lbs.

all the others will look like nothing in clothes,like absolute nothings.unless theyre 5ft tall
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2013, 06:31:53 PM »
I've been 180 at 10% and I didn't look muscular with cloths on. Yeah, with a tight muscle tshirt you could tell i lifted but with regular clothes no i'd look like a regular dude.

I don't know about ideal but I like that thick bulky powerful look of Mentzer.

im not sure if serious,lol.

mentzer in that pic is totaly contest ready.for his era and even for todays standards local show.

bulky.lol.

n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2013, 06:34:41 PM »
U have to consider 195 @ 5'8 with 5/6% bf is HUGE in terms of everyday physique

Imo if u are 5'8 I would think 170/175 shredded looks more appealing

5'10/5'11 @ 185/195 max

We are talking 5% at the lowest and around 7 to be the highest every day, year round

agreed, 5f8 at 5% or 6 at 5ft 8 is monstrous size.

also the whole topic is bit too vague.small joints,long limbs guy will look impressive at lower weight etc.

n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2013, 06:39:35 PM »
Good powerful athletic looking physique.  Pretty much what I'm aiming for but with a bigger chest. Not because I think yours is small or anything I just really like big chests and think a powerful physique is built off of a big chest.
lol stop it, his chest is quite quite thick.

very well developed upper part,this takes very long time to get.

@proud virgin, very nice, very lean, thick arms,must be the diet :D

n

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2013, 06:42:42 PM »
lol stop it, his chest is quite quite thick.

very well developed upper part,this takes very long time to get.

@proud virgin, very nice, very lean, thick arms,must be the diet :D

No you stop it. I never said he had a small chest or that it was under developed.
A

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2013, 06:45:53 PM »
200lbs at 6ft at 12% IS small.

that will be a shredded 180lbs or so.

to look muscular in normal clothes and shredded at same time, we talking about almost heavyweight build.
or the classes up to 200lbs.

all the others will look like nothing in clothes,like absolute nothings.unless theyre 5ft tall

Yes but the OP is saying he was 200 @ 5'10 still a bigger manlet height  ;D