Author Topic: Feds ban parents from preparing packed lunches for their kids  (Read 1062 times)

agenda21nwo

Feds ban parents from preparing packed lunches for their kids
« on: October 25, 2013, 06:58:17 AM »
USA USA USA!!!!! RAH RAH RAH!!!!!

http://www.momdot.com/a-doctors-note-for-gmos/

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
Re: Feds ban parents from preparing packed lunches for their kids
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 07:04:03 AM »
when they pulled Pepsi from schools here in western NC the bottling plant stopped donating so much money to the sports boosters, especially the middle schools, all because pepsi was asked to maybe put in fruit drinks or flavored water --- NO GO

they still make them post a banner ON EVERY SCORE BOARD but wont buy shoulder pads for 20kids?  I stopped drinking soda 6months ago,

sugar, water, and caramel color are shit stains on your life draws

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 07:17:41 AM »
People still don't get it.

Justice Scalia, the government can "make you buy broccoli."

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 07:18:48 AM »
People still don't get it.

Justice Scalia, the government can "make you buy broccoli."

Scalia believes that Jesus is the ultimate judge.  FUck him

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 07:23:49 AM »

I'd rather have a Justice who believes in a higher power as the ultimate judge of humanity, as opposed to people or a Justice who believes in nothing at all or that they themselves are the ultimate judge.

When religiosity ends in America (current path) it will be a dark day for our country, it's history, and the people that sacrificed their lives.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 07:26:12 AM »
I'd rather have a Justice who believes in a higher power as the ultimate judge of humanity, as opposed to people or a Justice who believes in nothing at all or that they themselves are the ultimate judge.

When religiosity ends in America (current path) it will be a dark day for our country, it's history, and the people that sacrificed their lives.

Religion is the longest con against humanity.

agenda21nwo

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 07:29:52 AM »

LOL you are such a loser.   I bet everybody laughs at you behind your back.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 07:31:48 AM »
LOL you are such a loser.   I bet everybody laughs at you behind your back.

More butthurt Christians.  Fuck you.

agenda21nwo

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 07:44:13 AM »
More butthurt Christians.  Fuck you.

OMG you're such a loser HAHA.  Did your mom sleep around a lot when you were a boy?  Did it mess you up in the head?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 08:10:26 AM »
Yo!  Am I wrong or is does this apply only to Pre-school? 

If it's pre-school only, then it's reasonable, imo.   

I can imagine that kids that age (2 - 5) freaking out because their little pals are eating something that they can't have.  Not to mention making sure that every kid's bagged lunch is suitable as far as nutrition.  Just to shut me up, my fucking mom would've probably caved to my complaining and sent me to school with a lunch consisting of a couple of bags of chips alongside a few cookies...

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 08:17:14 AM »
We had open campus lunch for awhile in high school.

I got caught driving out of town at like 80 mph with a pint of Beam heading for a McDonalds.

Probably was instrumental in helping fuck everybody over.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 08:24:15 AM »
anyone who has had a kid in pre-school will know....

it's WAY easier to just have the dude scoop out chicken nuggets, corn and applasauce for 20 three-year-olds, than open up lunchables, watch for choking, stop the kids from fighting, etc etc.  Kids are a pain in the ass with lunches, and yeah, at 3-4 years old, they'll steal from each other.

and since pre-schools (at least in florida) are private businesses, not run by the state, well, I guess we can STFU about civil rights and all that.  If you don't like it, take your $ to another pre-school. 

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2013, 08:26:07 AM »
When I was in Jr. High, we had the same deal.We obviously had to walk, but we were chugging Dew, eating pizza and sticking copies of Penthouse in our pants and jackets all the time.

Kids don't get any slack anymore.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2013, 08:27:56 AM »
http://skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/18168/do-us-preschools-ban-lunches-being-brought-to-school

There are a number of reasons for this policy at her school:

One is because they are a publicly subsidized program with mainly low-income families and they want to ensure that the children are receiving healthy meals that meet recognized federal nutritional guidelines. Parent supplied meals are often lacking in nutritional balance. (For example, in one field trip where parents did supply meals, one child's "meal" was 3 different bags of chips.)

Another reason is due to allergies. They have a protocol that they have to follow to prevent children from coming into contact with foods that they have an allergy to, and it's much harder to do this with meals brought from home as they have no way to verify ingredient lists or keep track of every child's meals.

Another is storage and preparation. They have little staff time or space to devote to meal storage and preparation, and keeping track of dozens of home-brought meals would cut into the time available for meal prep.

Finally, there are liability concerns. They have no way to assure the food safety for a home-brought meal, as they don't know how it was prepared or stored prior to arrival. Yet a parent may put blame on the school for improper storage if a meal is spoiled and sickens their child.

but no, by all means continue clanking the alarms like an idiot.