Author Topic: Greg Kovacs Leg Pressing over a Ton for 20 reps  (Read 35778 times)

WillRiker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Greg Kovacs Leg Pressing over a Ton for 20 reps
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2007, 03:22:36 AM »
When you are pressing a 200lbs DB you can take it down any freaking lower than Ronnie does do due the sheer size of the DB. Also, Ronnie's style of training where he never locksout is also much harder than a "normal" lift, you try it, you wear out much much faster

Not locking out is not harder than locking out, I can do more reps on the incline press 'Ronnie' Style than 'Dorian' Style (full range of motion)

Ronnie still trains like an animal in the gym!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2007, 04:14:48 AM »
you all like to knock dorian, but his training was spot on, every rep perfect

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2007, 04:32:59 AM »
  Kovacs makes Ronnie look like a peanut. I've seen a picture of Kovacs at 440 lbs, with average bodyfat. :o :o :o

SUCKMYMUSCLE

440 at 6'2" with average bodyfat? For being so smart you must really believe anything you read. Just think about it for a second. He was 440 like he flat benched 715 for a triple. ::)
The House that Ruth built

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2007, 04:41:34 AM »
There was a time Kovacs looked half decent as a bodybuilder.

Yup.....1996 to be exact...here we are now 11 years later....Show pics of him now....as for his 2200 leg press, every single pro bbdr pretty much does that. Hell, Ronnie does 2300 for 8 clean reps. JP Fux was a bull in his day too. Same with Dorian. Lots of guys threw that kind of weight around, not just Kovacs.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2007, 04:44:29 AM »
  Dude, Kovacs could break the records in the bench, dead and squat, if he wanted to. He's got terrible genetics for bodybuilding, but he is built like a gorilla. He warms up with the weights Ronnie uses for his heavy sets. No shit.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Don't believe everything you read especially in Muscle Mag and everything you hear.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2007, 04:50:06 AM »
Kovacs strength is nothing but a pure muscletech invention... Is lifts were never proven!!!
S

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2007, 10:52:06 AM »
  I agree, bro. Kovacs strengh is just ridiculously obscene. I once saw this pic, of him, doing incline dumbbell presses with 300 lbs dumbbells. Not 200, but 300 lbs dumbbells. He did nine full reps, with that weight.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

300lb dumbell presses for nine full reps?   Interesting how you can count reps by looking at a picture.   ::)

body88

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2007, 11:04:44 AM »
Don't give a toss how strong he was or is I remember seeing him coming down the stairs backstage at the NOC years ago and every one just stopping and steering at the huge abscess he had on his shoulder, it was so prominant he looked if he had a delt that looked like a triangle, I thought to myself then , dude you may be a big fucker but you look like shit,so all that strength meant nothing really---- especially if i could have bet him !!!!

It has been said about 500 times in this thread that Kovacs is a disgusting piece of turtle shat. The whole point is he is a disgusting piece of turtle shat that is strong as all hell.

Kovacs sported a triangle delt for you bitches!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2007, 11:12:34 AM »
what about that ancient guy (70 + years) repping over 1000 like it was no problem. probably because it wasn't.

leg press poundages really are redundant. the rom varies so much and there are so many variables (how you place the feet, lever off the machine, etc) it's not even worth mentioning.

if you get good results from it, great, but forget about poundages, they don't mean shit on this thing, seriously.

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »
what about that ancient guy (70 + years) repping over 1000 like it was no problem. probably because it wasn't.

leg press poundages really are redundant. the rom varies so much and there are so many variables (how you place the feet, lever off the machine, etc) it's not even worth mentioning.

if you get good results from it, great, but forget about poundages, they don't mean shit on this thing, seriously.

I agree completely

it is a great exercise if you find a good machine, but the weight is pretty much irrelevant

Master Blaster

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2007, 11:51:49 AM »

300lb dumbell presses for nine full reps?   Interesting how you can count reps by looking at a picture.   ::)

Dude, that picture was in a MuscleTech ad! Those guys in white lab coats standing next to him were doing the counting.  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2007, 11:55:59 AM »
Kovacs' workout = all cables & machines and ZERO free weights.

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2007, 12:08:16 PM »
someone post the pic of him holding the 2 200lb dbs    i always thought that was a cool pic.  doesnt prove anything but it is a cool pic. 
F

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2007, 11:59:20 PM »
if he trained for it do you believe Greg could of competed in wsm or in powerlifting and been successful

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2007, 12:00:14 AM »
successful as in as popular as a mariuz or kaz

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2007, 12:26:07 AM »
Look at him dwarfing Mustafa and Bob.   :o

Even if they have more actual muscle built on their frames, Greg is still considerably larger.  Bear in mind, Bob is 6'0 and 250 in this picture:
kovacks isnt dwarving anyone in this pice he is just taller..
he outweighs them by 20 or 30 lbs..
and their arms and legs are like nearly twice the size of his...
the ony thing bigger on his phsique is his midsection..
choice is an illusion

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2007, 01:07:01 AM »
kovacks isnt dwarving anyone in this pice he is just taller..
he outweighs them by 20 or 30 lbs..
and their arms and legs are like nearly twice the size of his...
the ony thing bigger on his phsique is his midsection..

from the waist down (well, actually, make that the lower pec line. i'm trying to ignore that whole mess)you are right, but kovacs appears much thicker and more dense through the upper torso, delts and arms in that pic.

donthate1

• Getbig II
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2007, 07:10:25 AM »
:-X

That poor bastard looks like SHIT!!!  GIVE IT UP!  ??? ???

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2007, 07:28:07 AM »
Kovacs strength is nothing but a pure muscletech invention... Is lifts were never proven!!!

Ha...apparently nobody from here ever hung in golds and watched him train...MuscleTech cant fake a regular workout on a regular day when there are no cameras and he is training alone. The saddest part about this thread is how everyone is tearing the poor guy apart, but he is just a quiet guy that took the wrong advice and listened to the wrong people. Oh well, hopefully lesson learned.

Probably not.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2007, 10:19:52 AM »
Ha...apparently nobody from here ever hung in golds and watched him train...MuscleTech cant fake a regular workout on a regular day when there are no cameras and he is training alone. The saddest part about this thread is how everyone is tearing the poor guy apart, but he is just a quiet guy that took the wrong advice and listened to the wrong people. Oh well, hopefully lesson learned.

Probably not.

he's got no one to blame but himself any way you cut it.

i'm so sick of the 'bad advice' bullshit excuse.

the guy told lies and embellished everything about his size, weight and training weights.

yes he was very strong but he's a lying sack of shit that has NEVER backed up a single claim. he's almost as bad as adonis.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2007, 10:38:19 AM »
Apparently there are a TON of bodybuilding newbies on this board now....nobody in the history of bodybuilding ever said Greg was a good bodybuilder....he has however ALWAYS been pound for pound one of the strongest guys ever. You can all go on and on about camera tricks and Ronnies lifts....but until you saw him in the gym in person lifting the most insane weight in your life...you can't say much. And he didn't do little half reps or only do 4 reps per exercise...we're talking 5 plate inclines for like 15 to 20 reps sometimes. Hate on him all you want for how he looks now....but he would crush every single guy on this board and pretty much 90% of every pro bodybuilder there has ever been. Greg is a great guy, but unfortunetaly easily influenced by others and by trying to live up to the hype that was created...to a fault.

Apparently you beleived the muscletech ads featuring him as the "worlds strongest bodybuilder".

btw - he never used cell tech which supposedly made him 1600% stronger

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2007, 10:54:55 AM »
I remember years ago while attending the MR OLYMPIA Greg walked by
nobody and i mean nobody was bigger/huge than this guy!
people had there mouths wide open in awe
whatever he looked like onstage...............in a tank-top he was friggen huge!

(at the time he has his head shaved bald which only made he look bigger/more menacing)

he was a big SOB

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #97 on: June 29, 2007, 11:45:30 AM »
Last show I saw Greg in was the ASC, and he really was a sight to behold and not in a good way. It was actually painful to watch him, and I am not just trying to be cruel when I say many in the audience cringed when he was onstage.

rick brophy

• Getbig II
« Reply #98 on: June 29, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »
so what the hell happened to him exactly? anyone got current pics or anything semi-recent?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: June 29, 2007, 05:04:16 PM »
so what the hell happened to him exactly? anyone got current pics or anything semi-recent?

He was signed by K1 fighting in Japan (MMA), he has a boxing background and was trained by the same guy who trained Tommy Morrison. He has a fight lined up with non other than Bob Sapp soon, details to be finalised. Expect Kovacs to be around 360-375 pounds.