Author Topic: milk ??  (Read 2303 times)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
milk ??
« on: January 01, 2006, 11:50:39 AM »
 hey guys
 i was wondering if drinking milk makes you look soft?? is that why all the pros dont drink milk or any diary??

thx

CHISELROCK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: milk ??
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 03:49:32 PM »
I dont see a problem if you stick with skim 0% fat.  Some people hate it but I swear by it.

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 06:41:53 PM »
I drink plenty of skim milk.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 08:35:37 PM »
I love milk, but I choose not to drink it because of the the added sugar... if I remember right there is 12g of sugar in 8oz of milk.  That's not a ton of sugar, but if you drink a lot it does add up. If you are bulking and want to drink milk you'd be best to keep it to a small amount. If your dieting I would advice not touching it, there is no need.  You can get all the calcium you need from other places.

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 10:43:23 PM »
is milk a good source of protien?.. how much is too much in a day... cuz i love the stuff and drink it all the time... skim of course

CHISELROCK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 10:55:47 PM »
is milk a good source of protien?.. how much is too much in a day... cuz i love the stuff and drink it all the time... skim of course

Its my understanding that as long as your not lactose intolerant you can drink away.  Maybe someone else can chime in with better info.

blaster

• Getbig III
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 11:19:13 PM »
Dunno about stats etc, but I drink about 3 litres a day. I'm seriously addicted. I find it hard not to drink milk with my meals. I've tried to just drink water, but it's so tasteless to me. Skim milk is too expensive compared to low fat milk, but I also drink full cream sometimes. As u would expect, I'm not ripped at all, but I drink it cause I love the taste. It's my favourite drink out of anything. Ruhl has suggested skim in the past for those who can't eat as muchas they should, plus my massive mate drinks a lot of skim and he's not fat at all. Just watch the extra carbs in milk if ur trying to stay really lean.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 04:10:01 AM »
not sure drinking a lot of milk is healthy, it's been associated recently with a higher risk of prostate cancer.
Z

Mick33

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 10:18:48 AM »
I swore by the stuff growing up. Up until about 3 months ago I drank anywhere b/t 3 and 4 gallons of it (2%) per week. If you are trying to put on size drink away, but I am also not shredded,  and now I cut it out except 1 glass w/ lunch so I could cut up.  >:( It does taste great though!  :)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 12:28:48 PM »
i swear by it. a pint of milk has 250cals, 25g carbs, 17 protein and a few fat.

i swear by it too as a child i grew up on potatoes, bread and milk. helps build strong teeth and bones and muscles

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 03:43:53 PM »
not sure drinking a lot of milk is healthy, it's been associated recently with a higher risk of prostate cancer.

Yeah, but they say shit like that every day. It's come to the point where EVERYTHING u eat is gonna give u something.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 06:12:16 PM »
Humans have been drinking milk for along time.  It is fine for you.  If you are watching your fat go with the 1% or 2%.  If you can handle the slightly white watery one drink Skim Milk. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 09:14:53 PM »
Am I the only one on here who seems to put on excess fat from milk. Be it whole, skim or anything in between it seems to have a nasty affect on me, which I hate because I love it.

blaster

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 09:26:26 PM »
Am I the only one on here who seems to put on excess fat from milk. Be it whole, skim or anything in between it seems to have a nasty affect on me, which I hate because I love it.

Watch the carbs...