Author Topic: Alcohol on weekends  (Read 8726 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: Alcohol on weekends
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2013, 10:03:24 PM »
ive been strongly considering not drinking anymore....its a sad day..man card will be turned in shortly

bench

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 01:47:52 AM »
ive been strongly considering not drinking anymore...

May I ask the reason?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 02:28:16 AM »
never drinking? or just cutting down significantly?

i go through periods where i do not drink for weeks/months due to work or race schedules...

but a few times per year it's fun having a reboot

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 09:43:31 AM »

May I ask the reason?
No real reason...guess I'm just doing something new

Bench

bigboithetank

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 11:07:38 AM »

i never said i was the common type
    haha

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 05:41:59 PM »
I have been trying to cut back. It's challenging. There is a point where your will power is compromised. I am trying to avoid that point. I have a glass of scotch in front of me right now. We will see if I can limit myself to just one more and then switch to tea or something.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 06:04:53 PM »
I have been trying to cut back. It's challenging. There is a point where your will power is compromised. I am trying to avoid that point. I have a glass of scotch in front of me right now. We will see if I can limit myself to just one more and then switch to tea or something.

switching to an alternate is a good trick...

personally i am drinking beer... i compromised by getting coors light AND I am walking at my deskmill while drinking it... the alcohol has raised my HR by about 15bpm... nice

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 06:17:45 PM »

switching to an alternate is a good trick...

personally i am drinking beer... i compromised by getting coors light AND I am walking at my deskmill while drinking it... the alcohol has raised my HR by about 15bpm... nice

I've tried this. I don't particularly like beer. So if I drink it, I don't drink much. I drink wine sometimes, but once I open a bottle of wine, I tend to drink it all. Crazy as it probably sounds, I actually like scotch. I must because I drink it neat. I really like good scotch. Thank goodness I am not wealthy enough to afford it other then as a special treat because when I've bought or been gifted Glenlivet or Aberlour, I drink that stuff down like there's no tomorrow.

Scotch is one of those things people either love or they hate. I happen to love it.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 06:21:13 PM »
I've tried this. I don't particularly like beer. So if I drink it, I don't drink much. I drink wine sometimes, but once I open a bottle of wine, I tend to drink it all. Crazy as it probably sounds, I actually like scotch. I must because I drink it neat. I really like good scotch. Thank goodness I am not wealthy enough to afford it other then as a special treat because when I've bought or been gifted Glenlivet or Aberlour, I drink that stuff down like there's no tomorrow.

Scotch is one of those things people either love or they hate. I happen to love it.

i've drank a fair share of scotch in my time but in my middle age i prefer bourbon... more alcohol with less calories... and the high end stuff is both cheap and almost as tasty as a good cognac...

come to think of it... this is my last beer for the night... switching to maker's mark!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2013, 06:33:26 PM »

i've drank a fair share of scotch in my time but in my middle age i prefer bourbon... more alcohol with less calories... and the high end stuff is both cheap and almost as tasty as a good cognac...

come to think of it... this is my last beer for the night... switching to maker's mark!

The fellow in line in front of me at the liquor store was buying Maker's Mark. I like cognac. Maybe I should give bourbon a try.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2013, 06:51:47 PM »
The fellow in line in front of me at the liquor store was buying Maker's Mark. I like cognac. Maybe I should give bourbon a try.

guaranty that you will like it... think of it like a smooth scotch with more mouth than nose... high octane like scotch though

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 06:20:26 PM »
One day it's a bottle of whiskey, the next it's tequila. Should I lay off the liquor and only have two bottles of beer?
go to AA asap

n

bigboithetank

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 12:45:24 PM »
go to AA asap

I laid off the hard stuff and am only drinking 1 or 2 full flavored beers on the weekends.

panos32

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2014, 09:21:35 AM »
Social drinking is fine in my opinion.Also, alcohol improves the insulin sensitivity of your muscle cells and dries you out the next morning so that's something... :P