Author Topic: Alinsky's/Obama's Rules for Radicals  (Read 1113 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Alinsky's/Obama's Rules for Radicals
« on: October 28, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »
Community organizer Saul Alinsky developed "rules for radicals."  The president and liberals have used them very effectively, especially no. 13.

1.  “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have."
2.  “Never go outside the expertise of your people.”
3.  “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.”
4.  “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”
5.  “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”
6.  “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
7.  “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.”
8.  “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.”
9.  “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
10.  "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition."
11.  “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.”
12.  “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
13.  “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Alinsky's/Obama's Rules for Radicals
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 04:05:32 PM »
2.  “Never go outside the expertise of your people.”

What does that mean? ???

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 04:08:07 PM »
What does that mean? ???

It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone. (Organizations under attack wonder why radicals don’t address the “real” issues. This is why. They avoid things with which they have no knowledge.)

http://www.bestofbeck.com/wp/activism/saul-alinskys-12-rules-for-radicals

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 04:12:03 PM »
Oh, I see...

Everything is starting to make more sense.  :-X

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 04:21:25 PM »
Nothing but subterfuge and obfuscation.
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 07:52:13 PM »
obama won the election twice.

if you think he's a criminal, then impeach his ass. 

complaining about this does nothing - boot him from office, or swallow his win.  At this point, we're just bitching about the 1980 Olympia lol.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 07:59:32 PM »
9 has been used very effectively by BOTH parties in thr last decade.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 08:03:02 PM »

complaining about this does nothing - boot him from office, or swallow his win.  At this point, we're just bitching about the 1980 Olympia lol.

He's worse than a criminal. He's flat out evil as a politician and evil as a human being.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 08:03:52 PM »

same could be said of your obsession with Zimmerman brotha.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »

;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 08:13:08 PM »

I have brought it up once in 6 weeks... when we were talking about the possibility of an irresponsible teacher pursuing a student into an isolation situation - and I can't think of any other example besides him.  I was very passionate durng the trial -- but I've let it go.  Sure, someone brings up cowboy wannabe heros who create dangerous situation, yeah, his name might pop up haha!

He's worse than a criminal. He's flat out evil as a politician and evil as a human being.

agree 100% - Which is why I'm baffled while threads are about "look at how bad obama is, look at his gameplan".  We're 5+ years in, he's won twice - at this point, repubs need to either impeach his ass, or STFU and give him a big hug and embrace his policies.  Talking about his marxist strategies was a great move in 2007.  But now we're in 2013 and if you don't like the destruction he's bringing, you call your senator and demand he be impeached, or you get out the KY and enjoy the ride.

It's like complaining about the FSU recruiting shadiness when you're down 77-0 in the 3rd quarter... Either you call them out on the infraction, or you STFU and enjoy the thrashing.  I see threads like this, and "does obama have integrity?" and I just see repubs wallowing in self-pity, not proud repubs trying to change something.  Bitch about something we all knew 5 years ago, what does that accomlish? Nothing!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 09:49:03 AM »
I have brought it up once in 6 weeks... when we were talking about the possibility of an irresponsible teacher pursuing a student into an isolation situation - and I can't think of any other example besides him.  I was very passionate durng the trial -- but I've let it go.  Sure, someone brings up cowboy wannabe heros who create dangerous situation, yeah, his name might pop up haha!

agree 100% - Which is why I'm baffled while threads are about "look at how bad obama is, look at his gameplan".  We're 5+ years in, he's won twice - at this point, repubs need to either impeach his ass, or STFU and give him a big hug and embrace his policies.  Talking about his marxist strategies was a great move in 2007.  But now we're in 2013 and if you don't like the destruction he's bringing, you call your senator and demand he be impeached, or you get out the KY and enjoy the ride.

It's like complaining about the FSU recruiting shadiness when you're down 77-0 in the 3rd quarter... Either you call them out on the infraction, or you STFU and enjoy the thrashing.  I see threads like this, and "does obama have integrity?" and I just see repubs wallowing in self-pity, not proud repubs trying to change something.  Bitch about something we all knew 5 years ago, what does that accomlish? Nothing!

I didn't read all of this, but people who voted for Obama, like YOU, need to shut up already.  You are partly responsible for this. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 11:36:07 AM »
Community organizer Saul Alinsky developed "rules for radicals."  The president and liberals have used them very effectively, especially no. 13.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2015/09/13/debate-prep-donald-trumps-12-radical-campaign-secrets/#5c6854f3f802

Trump is employing twelve of the thirteen tactics Saul Alinsky set forth in his classic work Rules for Radicals.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 12:27:56 PM »
This is the second Alinski thread you resurrected today. One from 2013 and another from 2014. Sounds like a panic attack to me.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 08:31:57 PM »
This is the second Alinski thread you resurrected today. One from 2013 and another from 2014. Sounds like a panic attack to me.

What do you think about Trump using 12 of the Alinksy tactics?

He's working out of the textbook.  Repubs have been bitching about alinsky tactics for years - but these tactics are working against them pretty easily ;)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 09:26:17 PM »
Looks like the art of war for politics.   

Maybe the GOP can stop whining long enough to grow a pair.  Instead Trump is your pair. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 10:21:19 PM »
Looks like the art of war for politics.   

Maybe the GOP can stop whining long enough to grow a pair.  Instead Trump is your pair. 

Since 2007, we've been hearing nonstop that Obama has been using these piece-of-shit tactics, and that they're such bad things.

But now that TRUMP is using them, and they see absolute proof of him using 12 of them....  ???

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 10:27:49 PM »
What do you think about Trump using 12 of the Alinksy tactics?

He's working out of the textbook.  Repubs have been bitching about alinsky tactics for years - but these tactics are working against them pretty easily ;)

Funny you keep wanting to link with trump almost everytime you troll me. Why? Even so, point out Trumps Alinski tactics. If you mean finally doing a reverse of what the libs do everytime an election rolls around because they have no plan and can't run on policy, then yes. He's making them look more stupid than usual.

So feel free to point them out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2016, 10:33:05 PM »
Funny you keep wanting to link with trump almost everytime you troll me. Why? Even so, point out Trumps Alinski tactics. If you mean finally doing a reverse of what the libs do everytime an election rolls around because they have no plan and can't run on policy, then yes. He's making them look more stupid than usual.

So feel free to point them out.

I posted a link on the other thread.  Trump was guilty of TWELVE of the Alinsky tactics.  

I started an entire thread on it.   Please visit it.  I think you'll lose a lot of respect for Trump when you read it.  It is all his quotes - nothing made up by liberals - just 1) the Alinksy Rule and 2) what Trump says.

Decide for yourself, but the evidence is pretty clear.  Obama and Reid (and remember, Reid just 'kinda' endorsed Trump) use these tactics constantly - and now, unfortunately, so does Trump.

We're about 5 minutes away from iowa lol... it's the final chance for repubs to stop this insanity and Support anyone but Trump (cruz is the best option IMO).   Reading these tactics... dude, I'm not shitting on you, I'm shitting on Trump... IMO, EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN on getbig should look at these tactics, look at trump's words, and just say "ok, that's it, he's too much like obama, too liberal, we CANNOT give him the nomination".  

Read it from forbes, a VERY anti-obama publication... Trump is busted using these tactics, over and over.  Proof:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2015/09/13/debate-prep-donald-trumps-12-radical-campaign-secrets/#6112f0a13f80

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 10:40:32 PM »
I posted a link on the other thread.  Trump was guilty of TWELVE of the Alinsky tactics.  

I started an entire thread on it.   Please visit it.  I think you'll lose a lot of respect for Trump when you read it.  It is all his quotes - nothing made up by liberals - just 1) the Alinksy Rule and 2) what Trump says.

Decide for yourself, but the evidence is pretty clear.  Obama and Reid (and remember, Reid just 'kinda' endorsed Trump) use these tactics constantly - and now, unfortunately, so does Trump.

We're about 5 minutes away from iowa lol... it's the final chance for repubs to stop this insanity and Support anyone but Trump (cruz is the best option IMO).   Reading these tactics... dude, I'm not shitting on you, I'm shitting on Trump... IMO, EVERY SINGLE REPUBLICAN on getbig should look at these tactics, look at trump's words, and just say "ok, that's it, he's too much like obama, too liberal, we CANNOT give him the nomination".  

Read it from forbes, a VERY anti-obama publication... Trump is busted using these tactics, over and over.  Proof:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2015/09/13/debate-prep-donald-trumps-12-radical-campaign-secrets/#6112f0a13f80

I told YOU to point it out. I posted an artical a while ago about how if the "Alknski" tactics were in reverse to favor the right how this left would become unglued. You're showing this right now. How does it feel?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2016, 10:45:01 PM »
I told YOU to point it out. I posted an artical a while ago about how if the "Alknski" tactics were in reverse to favor the right how this left would become unglued. You're showing this right now. How does it feel?

so you aren't concerned about the rules being used by Obama - only in the hypocrisy the left shows when they complain about it?

Okay, cool.  You hate the left, but you don't hate the tactics?   

You get the 'win' in mocking the left.  But IMO, we all get the LOSS when BOTH candidates running in the 2016 race (trump and the dem) are using these tactics.