Author Topic: If you were financially set, would you still work?  (Read 11015 times)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Re: If you were financially set, would you still work?
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 02:03:21 PM »
better luck squeezing blood from a stone....

haha probably but you never know unless you take a chance. You're right tho I'm sure those big money men get tired of people pitching them the next big thing.
A

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 02:07:23 PM »
better luck squeezing blood from a stone....

well, that's partly true...

wealthy people aren't wealthy because they're lose with money.

but a solid investment is a solid investment. all it takes is an introduction and a solid word from somebody they know #1, and #2 a solid business plan.

so long as you can 'beat' 1%/month plus the principal, it's a pretty easy deal... keeping the lawyers out of it is the hard part. last thing I want is 15% of the gross and 100% of the liability.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 02:09:53 PM »

but a solid investment is a solid investment. all it takes is an introduction and a solid word from somebody they know #1, and #2 a solid business plan.

so long as you can 'beat' 1%/month plus the principal, it's a pretty easy deal... keeping the lawyers out of it is the hard part. last thing I want is 15% of the gross and 100% of the liability.
"they're lose with money". I'm sure they would be lining up after hearing you speak.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2013, 02:12:43 PM »
"they're lose with money". I'm sure they would be lining up after hearing you speak.

ahh.. I see you caught a typo... great job Sherlok.

why don't you add the extra "o" for me then? do me a favor...

after that, do society a favor... pass out on some railroad tracks (because I know you live near some railroad tracks)

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2013, 02:14:32 PM »

after that, do society a favor... pass out on some railroad tracks (because I know you live near some railroad tracks)

Ignore him.

When everyone stops responding to him the Mods MIGHT take the fucking hint and ban the troll.

::)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »

And you can take your dime a dozen training certifications, and use it to clean up your jizz after you are done wanking to Wallstreet.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2013, 02:17:17 PM »
back to the original topic.... if you were financially set, would you still work?

well, I think for most people, that depends greatly on "HOW" they became 'financially set'...

most 'financially set' people earned their money, and those who earn money, usually figure out and enjoy EARNING money.

it's the ones who are looking for that "one lucky break" that will probably NOT work.... that is, until they blow through all their "lucky break money", because they don't understand the value of money (or work).

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2013, 02:26:20 PM »

billion $ guys looks at deals no less than 50 mill, hundred million guys at no less than 5 mill ect ect.....my face time was with JD Stephens once, we talked about Georgia vs PSU football, I had nothing that would interest him. Knowing not to waste someones time is important.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2013, 02:30:06 PM »
it's because the people who win the lotto have no idea how to make their own money... they ALWAYS work for someone else.

give me a million and i'll earn $250k on it every year for as long as I want. (legally, mind you).

most people have no long-term goals.. or lack the ability to even THINK long term.

if, for instance i'd pick up a $1 lottery ticket just for shits and giggles while i'm getting gas one day and I won a large sum of money (lets say a few million, after taxes... those blood-sucking-liberal-leaches)

i'd live in a 5br home (probably in Coronado), i'd probably have 2-3 cars and an suv/truck... all certified pre-owned, none new. probably an S550 (for me), a Range Rover Sport (for her and the kids), an a 'toy' for myself, probably a Nissan GT-R... and that'd be it... no Ferrari's, no lambos, ect...

i'd have 5-8 2br rental homes, netting about $500-1k/month each (after mortgage... of course i'll have mortgages, it'll be one of the few tax breaks i'll get)

i'd have 300k in a low-yield dividend funds (4.5-6%)
300-500k in hi-yield dividend funds (8-15%)
and maybe 300k in a higher risk fund or a REIT (15%+)

and 500k in a prop-trading account (probably with interactive brokers)

and a couple a couple 100k annuities.

now, managing #1 the rental properties, and #2 the investment accounts would absolutely still be WORK... so yes, i'd still WORK... just not for anybody else. lol.

oh, and i'd probably still cruise on 1g test & 500mg deca with 8iu humatrope  ;D and cruise easy at about 235 at 8% and eat like a normal person, and train 3-4x a week.
Lol at guaranteeing 25 percent per year and double-lol at most of your numbers. Or maybe you're a hedge fund manager with magical powers?  ???

Just out of curiosity, when and what was your latest stock investment?

Not trying to be a dick even though I'll likely come across as one but please give some sort of indication that you know what you're talking about other than just throwing some "fancy" terms and numbers at us.

I'm genuinely interested in your answer as economy and investing is one of my biggest interests, aside from men in thongs of course.  :P

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2013, 02:35:41 PM »
give me a million and i'll earn $250k on it every year for as long as I want. (legally, mind you).

Can you give a sketch of a sketch of how you'd achieve a 25% return over the next year, let alone over the long term? That'd make you a legend in the markets, superior to: the entire global hedge fund industry, the commodity trading advisor community, credit derivatives traders, Warren Buffett, and the collective knowledge of the relevant experts in all of the below sectors (10-year annualized returns in the rightwardmost column):

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »
realistically most getbiggers will never be financially set and will always be working untill old and obsolete, then face poverty in thier old day

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2013, 02:38:31 PM »
Lol at guaranteeing 25 percent per year and double-lol at most of your numbers. Or maybe you're a hedge fund manager with magical powers?  ???

Just out of curiosity, when and what was your latest stock investment?

Not trying to be a dick even though I'll likely come across as one but please give some sort of indication that you know what you're talking about other than just throwing some "fancy" terms and numbers at us.

I'm genuinely interested in your answer as economy and investing is one of my biggest interests, aside from men in thongs of course.  :P

well, maybe 250k might be pushing it, but in an actively traded account it's really not hard to do 2%/week.

I've been out of the market for the past few years... (and I did manage a small un-registered private equity/hedge fund), but I jump in and make a trade here and there.... no options though, no covered calles, ect... my most recent trade was Ruth's Cris about a month ago, which did very well, and before that was Green Mountian Coffee.... I was pissed I didn't short Tesla a couple months ago though. lol

if I don't have the time to watch the market full time, i'd rather just stay out 100%.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2013, 02:38:37 PM »
Can you give a sketch of a sketch of how you'd achieve a 25% return over the next year, let alone over the long term? That'd make you a legend in the markets, superior to the entire global hedge fund industry, all commodity trading advisors, Warren Buffett, and the collective knowledge of the relevant experts in all of the below sectors:

hookers and blow....hookers and blow

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2013, 02:39:10 PM »
I`d win the lottery, pull it all out in one dollar bills and then set it all on fire and upload it to youtube just for the LOLZ and meltdowns.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »
well, maybe 250k might be pushing it, but in an actively traded account it's really not hard to do 2%/week.

104% a year? sign me up!!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2013, 02:41:58 PM »

I've been out of the market for the past few years... (and I did manage a small un-registered private equity/hedge fund), but I jump in and make a trade here and there.... no options though, no covered calles, ect... my most recent trade was Ruth's Cris about a month ago, which did very well, and before that was Green Mountian Coffee.... I was pissed I didn't short Tesla a couple months ago though. lol

if I don't have the time to watch the market full time, i'd rather just stay out 100%.
:D ::)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2013, 02:42:09 PM »
Can you give a sketch of a sketch of how you'd achieve a 25% return over the next year, let alone over the long term? That'd make you a legend in the markets, superior to the entire global hedge fund industry, all commodity trading advisors, Warren Buffett, and the collective knowledge of the relevant experts in all of the below sectors:

well, the 25% like I said, was probably a bit much... but that's not just from stock market... that's all investments, real estate, rental, ect... hell, there are REIT's alone that pay out over 20%.... it's not hard... all you have to do is pay attention. I would've give a hedge fund $1million if they WEREN'T making 25%/year.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #67 on: October 29, 2013, 02:42:32 PM »
BTW I can guarantee a 25% return on 1 million, I need 12 month at 5% and the first 6 months at 0% and I can meet this goal....but I take 2/20/40 means 2% on managed funds, 20% of profits over 7% and 40% of profits over 12%...

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2013, 02:45:24 PM »
this could go on forever... I gotta shower, head out and get sushi, and get to work. if it's slow tonight i'll see if I can put some examples up.

The Onion

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2013, 02:50:11 PM »

I'm not going to comment on this post or your succeding ones other than that we seem to have vastly different opinions when it comes to this subject and that further discussion will lead no where.

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2013, 02:53:42 PM »
I never understood those people that win the Lotto but still go to work or rich people with Hundreds of millions to billions that still bust their ass everyday to make more.  If you had enough $$$ and were set, would you still do the daily grind?

I know I wouldn't.  I would just travel the world, stay in shape and never deal with co-workers bullshit again.

That is why they are rich. For them it is not really about money any more, it is about winning, time after time. You can compare it to being high on drugs.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2013, 03:16:42 PM »

Please, please, please let me know how you would be capable of doing this.

I've been an institutional trader for close to a decade now and I have yet to see anyone in the top financial firms EVER achieve this kind of return indefinitely and at will.

If you are sitting on ideas that have yet to reach the market or that have yet to be reported on by any institution, share with your fellow GetBig brethren.

"1"

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »
 ask walter

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »

I've been an institutional trader for close to a decade now and I have yet to see anyone in the top financial firms EVER achieve this kind of return indefinitely and at will.

If you are sitting on ideas that have yet to reach the market or that have yet to be reported on by any institution, share with your fellow GetBig brethren.

"1"

Nah, he's got big moves to make and is to busy to "watch the markets all day and walk away with 2% a week".  I mean...why even bother?   ::)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2013, 03:58:53 PM »

"1"

My dear sir, are you saying that you somehow don't believe that this anonymous personal trainer can in fact rank with the best hedge funds on the planet earth (only 11 of which have a 3-year annual compound return of 25% or more), most of which are replete with Ivy League MBA's and PhD's in physics and mathematics harnessing the most advanced computer technology available to fine-tune algorithmically precise trading strategies?