Author Topic: If you were financially set, would you still work?  (Read 11068 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: If you were financially set, would you still work?
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2013, 04:00:57 PM »
ESFitness wins the lottery every day just by waking up.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: October 29, 2013, 04:23:04 PM »
My dear sir, are you saying that you somehow don't believe that this anonymous personal trainer can in fact rank with the best hedge funds on the planet earth (only 11 of which have a 3-year annual compound return of 25% or more), most of which are replete with Ivy League MBA's and PhD's in physics and mathematics harnessing the most advanced computer technology available to fine-tune algorithmically precise trading strategies?

What I'm implying is that all the boys at Tiger, Seer, 3rd point ultra, BTG, Palomino, Marathon, Odey & Omega (All of which are ranked in the top 15 hedge funds worldwide with assets ranging from $1-6 billion) are congenital retards that while backed with teams of veteran traders, master statisticians, industry insiders and programming that generates some of the most complicated trading algorithms in the world have all fallen short of achieving higher than 24.4% yearly returns last year.

"1"

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2013, 04:58:26 PM »
I certainly wouldn't.

Money Man

• Getbig II
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »
I've made a very good living for a while now. I still work 5 days a week, have owned my business for 20 years now. Never miss a day of work. When you are making good money it's hard to walk away from it. I'm 46 now, I'll probably work till early fifties. Hopefully

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2013, 05:17:41 PM »
What I'm implying is that all the boys at Tiger, Seer, 3rd point ultra, BTG, Palomino, Marathon, Odey & Omega (All of which are ranked in the top 15 hedge funds worldwide with assets ranging from $1-6 billion) are congenital retards that while backed with teams of veteran traders, master statisticians, industry insiders and programming that generates some of the most complicated trading algorithms in the world have all fallen short of achieving higher than 24.4% yearly returns last year.

"1"

Hahahah, yes, the Gandolfesque market wizardry that ESFibness is surely going to reveal in this thread will send ripples through the financial world.

The Revelation

• Getbig II
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2013, 05:20:34 PM »

ESFitness has been running around the board playing resident expert on numerous topics.

kinda reminds me of fat panda back in the day.

glad to see he's getting called out on some of his constant steam of BS.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2013, 05:30:05 PM »
ESFitness has been running around the board playing resident expert on numerous topics.

Are you saying that a gear-dealing, ex convict, personal trainer to the social elite might NOT have the best financial advice?

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2013, 05:38:29 PM »
I never understood those people that win the Lotto but still go to work or rich people with Hundreds of millions to billions that still bust their ass everyday to make more.  If you had enough $$$ and were set, would you still do the daily grind?

I know I wouldn't.  I would just travel the world, stay in shape and never deal with co-workers bullshit again.

depends how much money.

know more than few who (literally) blew it all away.

n

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2013, 05:42:54 PM »
back to the original topic.... if you were financially set, would you still work?

well, I think for most people, that depends greatly on "HOW" they became 'financially set'...

most 'financially set' people earned their money, and those who earn money, usually figure out and enjoy EARNING money.

it's the ones who are looking for that "one lucky break" that will probably NOT work.... that is, until they blow through all their "lucky break money", because they don't understand the value of money (or work).

This also might depend on how generous the "lucky break" windfall is. It is pretty easy to blow through a million dollars, but if you say win $200,000,000 and you blow through this you are just an idiot and yet, some people do lose it all when all is said and done. If I hit the lottery for a mere million, I wouldn't change much about my lifestyle.

I'd probably continue to live in the same house and drive the same car. I might get my wife a new car, which she would hardly ever drive anyway just because hers is really old in terms of years, but not miles. Maybe, she should have a fun car which we could then use as the "family" car and retire mine for just occasional things. She seems to like the new Fiat. Maybe we'd remodel the kitchen, tear up the carpeting around the house and replace it with hardwood floors, redo the bathrooms and have a sprinkler system installed so I don't have to move the hose during the few months of the year it isn't raining here.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2013, 05:44:14 PM »
I would organize a Getbig party with the best DJ's, the finest whores, the best foods & drinks and all types of drugs which exist under the sun.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2013, 06:45:18 PM »

No comment on EFS but that guy Fat Panda was hilarious. People here would try to help and educate him but he would just brush them off and continue on being such a stubborn know it all.
A

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2013, 07:18:47 PM »
If I won the lottery there would be a boon in the prostitution industry.  Their unemployment levels would easily drop .05 - 1.0 percent.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2013, 07:58:10 PM »
holy shit... I make a general statement and later RETRACT it/clarify it  (twice I believe I corrected myself.. saying 25% might be a bit much) and people still get their panties in a bunch... legally, anyways...

I also said it wouldn't be just TRADING INCOME.

would I trade $1million/week? PROBABLY NOT... is it difficult to pull a 2% profit/wk? not exactly... is it easy? not exactly.

now, maybe we should talk hypothetical grey-area legality income.... if you want to talk profit margin's... why not move to a friendly European country, maybe Romania, buy a $15k house, spend $10k on a lab, and set up a proper UGL.... how's 1200% profit margin sound? 25k in materials will net around 300k , 50k net's around 800k, ect...

so, legal or illegal... if you're not working, what the hell would you do with yourself?

The Revelation

• Getbig II
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2013, 08:08:21 PM »
holy shit... I make a general statement and later RETRACT it/clarify it  (twice I believe I corrected myself.. saying 25% might be a bit much) and people still get their panties in a bunch... legally, anyways...

would I trade $1million/week? PROBABLY NOT... is it difficult to pull a 2% profit/wk? not exactly... is it easy? not exactly.

now, maybe we should talk hypothetical grey-area legality income.... if you want to talk profit margin's... why not move to a friendly European country, maybe Romania, buy a $15k house, spend $10k on a lab, and set up a proper UGL.... how's 1200% profit margin sound? 25k in materials will net around 300k , 50k net's around 800k, ect...

so, legal or illegal... if you're not working, what the hell would you do with yourself?

great post bro.

we've just won millions of dollars. lets invest in a criminal enterprise that can not only see us lose it all but end up in jail as a global trafficker.

fucking brilliant. why didn't I think of that.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »
great post bro.

we've just won millions of dollars. lets invest in a criminal enterprise that can not only see us lose it all but end up in jail as a global trafficker.

fucking brilliant. why didn't I think of that.

do you know of many guys in Greece or Romania or India or wherever the fuck else getting extradited to the US for "global trafficking"?

do you know how EASY it is in some countries to set up a legitimate pharmaceutical company?

your snarky attitude makes you sound like an actor from "Queer eye for the straight guy"... stick to what you know.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »
do you know of many guys in Greece or Romania or India or wherever the fuck else getting extradited to the US for "global trafficking"?

do you know how EASY it is in some countries to set up a legitimate pharmaceutical company?

your snarky attitude makes you sound like an actor from "Queer eye for the straight guy"... stick to what you know.

You should have at least tried to "no homo" the fact that you watch Queer Eye.  :)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2013, 08:30:19 PM »
You should have at least tried to "no homo" the fact that you watch Queer Eye.  :)

actually, we have bravo playing on one of the TV's and an Ad for it just popped up, and reminded me of this lippy little shit.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2013, 08:36:12 PM »
actually, we have bravo playing on one of the TV's and an Ad for it just popped up, and reminded me of this lippy little shit.

all in fun.

The Revelation

• Getbig II
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2013, 08:49:14 PM »

you've gone from being the worlds best hedge fund manager to a global anabolics distributor in one thread.

great investment advise here, Walt.

keep up the good work.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »
holy shit... I make a general statement and later RETRACT it/clarify it  (twice I believe I corrected myself.. saying 25% might be a bit much) and people still get their panties in a bunch... legally, anyways...

I would hire you to polish my shoes most likely.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2013, 09:05:13 PM »
you've gone from being the worlds best hedge fund manager to a global anabolics distributor in one thread.

great investment advise here, Walt.

keep up the good work.

ahhh... I see you've taken the road of greatly exaggerating what I say in an effort to turn it against me... not clever, I'm sure I know who you are.

Ad hominem

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

"Personal attacks" redirects here. For the Wikipedia policy, see Wikipedia:No personal attacks.

Paul Graham's Hierarchy of Disagreement lists ad hominem as the second worst type of argument in a disagreement.
An ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person"[1]), short for argumentum ad hominem, is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument.[2] Ad hominem reasoning is normally categorized as an informal fallacy,[3][4][5] more precisely as a genetic fallacy,[6] a subcategory of fallacies of irrelevance.[7]

Ad hominem as it is discussed in this article refers to the logical fallacy argumentum ad hominem, and not to the literal Latin phrase ad hominem.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2013, 01:46:04 AM »
work...that pussy
sure

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2013, 01:46:51 AM »
I've made a very good living for a while now. I still work 5 days a week, have owned my business for 20 years now. Never miss a day of work. When you are making good money it's hard to walk away from it. I'm 46 now, I'll probably work till early fifties. Hopefully

master... train me.  I'm broke

theredeemer

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2013, 03:29:16 AM »
I would pursue my passions, which are my true work in life.