Author Topic: AETNA CEO: Citing Obamacare as a reason for premium increases(VIDEO IN LINK)  (Read 3230 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
VIDEO IN LINK

What logical person using common sense didnt see this coming?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101153188?__source=yahoo%7Cfinance%7Cheadline%7Cheadline%7Cstory&par=yahoo&doc=101153188%7CAetna%20CEO:%20Why%20insurance

"Bertolini, appearing on Tuesday's "Closing Bell," said that most Americans with current plans are below the 60 percent essential Affordable Care Act benefit requirement, and individual plan participants will have to pay a minimum of a 20 percent increase to upgrade, he said."

A MINIMUM 20% INCREASE FOR SOME PEOPLE DIRECTLY RELATED TO OBAMACARE!!!!!!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
haha...

You don't have to major in Economics to realize that Obamacare doesn't jibe right. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
haha...

You don't have to major in Economics to realize that Obamacare doesn't jibe right. 

I give you the idiot who needed to major in Economics.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
oh come on now, where are all the supporters of this bill now?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I give you the idiot who needed to major in Economics.

Geeze.  These clips sound like comedy routines.  I had a lifelong Democrat tell me they now believe Obama is a liar.  Took a while.  lol

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
He's like the opposite of Midas, anything he touches turns into absolute dog shit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
So having to provide more benefits requires a slightly higher premium

why is that?

tonymctones

• Getbig V

why is that?

are you being facetious or do you really not know how insurance works?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
are you being facetious or do you really not know how insurance works?

I feel pretty comfortable in my understanding

I assume you read at least first sentence in the link from the first post on this thread

you posted it so I assume so

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

why is that?

Lmfao.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Lmfao.

you and Tony should use your combined brain power to figure out why offering more comprehensive coverage might cost a bit more money

I'll check back in a year or two and see if you figured it out

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
you and Tony should use your combined brain power to figure out why offering more comprehensive coverage might cost a bit more money

What if I don't want maternity coverage?  Why cant that be my CHOICE? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
What if I don't want maternity coverage?  Why cant that be my CHOICE? 

I'm inclined to agree with you but then again I don't want seatbelts or airbags in my car but I was forced to pay for them anyway.  Some bullshit about minimum safety standards.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'm inclined to agree with you but then again I don't want seatbelts or airbags in my car but I was forced to pay for them anyway.  Some bullshit about minimum safety standards.   

http://nypost.com/2013/10/29/docs-resisting-obamacare

77% of doctors in NY State either are not in obamacare or not sure they will sign up. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V

Im completely understand why they are raising rates what I dont understand is how you and others couldnt see this coming when anybody with common sense who could follow a logical line of thought did?

I mean seriously do you not remember obama promising our rates were going to go down? Do you saying we need to wait and see or whatever bull shit you spouted off at the time?

are you now going to say that you agreed with us all along that you knew rates where going to go up?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Im completely understand why they are raising rates what I dont understand is how you and others couldnt see this coming when anybody with common sense who could follow a logical line of thought did?

I mean seriously do you not remember obama promising our rates were going to go down? Do you saying we need to wait and see or whatever bull shit you spouted off at the time?

are you now going to say that you agreed with us all along that you knew rates where going to go up?

please post the quote where I said that rates would not go up, especially in this specific circumstance where plan that have gaps in coverage are not allowed under the ACA

remember our recent agreement about you not posting bullshit without first checking it out?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
please post the quote where I said that rates would not go up, especially in this specific circumstance where plan that have gaps in coverage are not allowed under the ACA

remember our recent agreement about you not posting bullshit without first checking it out?
come on bro you have tried for a long time to silverline and hold out hope that this bill would do what it was promised to do in the face of common sense and facts

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
come on bro you have tried for a long time to silverline and hold out hope that this bill would do what it was promised to do in the face of common sense and facts

we had a deal about this kind of shit

tonymctones

• Getbig V
we had a deal about this kind of shit

here you are silverlining for obama...

where does obama say he promises that rates would go down?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo

I thought one of the major talking points about the ACA is that rates would go down.
A

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

why is that?

You are increasing coverage. The more coverage you have, the more risks that an insurance company has to cover you for. The more of a probability that something will occur that they will have to cover you for. So, obviously, the premium has to be increased.

Do you expect your home insurance to not increase when you make an addition to your home? Or when you increase the limits of liability or add an inexperienced 17 year old operator to your automobile insurance?

Same concept.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I thought one of the major talking points about the ACA is that rates would go down.
It was. If not the main reason, it was right up there with "if you like your coverage, you can keep it, PERIOD".

Now the libtards are trying to spin it as if he meant something else. Even the clowninchief tried to deny he said it when he visited Boston. It was ridiculous watching him ADD to what he said. And even more ridiculous were the drones in the background cheering and clapping as if in agreement that he was being truthful.

For the 8294829842984924298429 time. What does the community organizer say here?

[ Invalid YouTube link ]