Author Topic: Anyone listening to Stone Cold Steve Austin's podcast?  (Read 30132 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Anyone listening to Stone Cold Steve Austin's podcast?
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 07:59:09 PM »
Has anyone else been listening to the (new) Chris Jericho podcast? Fooking gold!

Just listened to the Bret Hart interview. Some good stuff, but the sound on Bret's end was awful. Hopefully, part two will be better.

AVBG

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2014, 01:22:51 PM »
Stan Efferding is the latest guest on Steve's show

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 07:15:16 PM »
Has anyone else been listening to the (new) Chris Jericho podcast? Fooking gold!

Yes. I like it.

AVBG

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 07:43:38 PM »

Yes. I like it.

Did you hear IFBB PRO/pl'er Stan Efferding on Steve Austin's show?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 08:30:43 PM »

Caught it.

The interview was, for the most part, how a regular guy can get on shape. For guys, here, who know bodybuilding and nutrition, it was nothing new, just basic stuff.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 10:28:45 PM »

Yes I did. I thought it was one of the best discussions on diet and nutrition I've ever heard.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 02:47:14 PM »
The current Austin Podcast with Paul Heyman is outstanding, another must listen.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 03:29:58 PM »
He is having Taker on in a few weeks...this should be the show of shows...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2014, 11:09:38 AM »

Eventually he'll have everyone: HHH, Steph and I'll bet even Vince.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2014, 03:43:20 PM »
Sounds like I gotta start tuning in again.

Heyman is always a great listen and would like to see if Taker and Stone Cold talk about the USWA days.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2014, 07:30:12 AM »
Eventually he'll have everyone: HHH, Steph and I'll bet even Vince.

True but over 20+ yrs you can probably count on one hand who many shoot interviews Taker has done...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2014, 11:28:40 AM »
True but over 20+ yrs you can probably count on one hand who many shoot interviews Taker has done...

Definitely gonna be interesting to see how much he opens up.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2014, 12:06:34 PM »
Ironically, Taker & Austin were the only two workers who requested not to be featured in Beyond the Mat because they did not wish to be filmed out of character.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2014, 04:05:57 PM »
The interview with Heyman was good but I thought Paul went on a bit and came across as a bit annoying towards the end. A great wrestling mind though. I can not understand why he and JR are not the two main bookers in WWE right now.

I like JR's podcast too, especially just hearing his thoughts in the first 10-15 minutes. I don't think there is anybody in wrestling who could do a better job at developing younger talent and storylines.

Jericho's podcast is pretty good as well. He is a bit over the top at times, funny as hell at others (when he was reading out lyrics to wrestling theme tunes that was funny as hell) but what I like about him is that he is very open about certain things in WWE while JR and Austin seem reluctant to be too critical (I think they have more connections with WWE still). For example Jericho has spoken a lot about Benoit and criticised Cena several times.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2014, 11:26:44 PM »

I heard one he did with Big Show about a month ago (via YouTube). They had much respect for him. Both of them said it would be a travesty if the Undertaker's streak got broken. Austin even claimed McMahon couldn't scratch a big enough of a check to have him beat 'Taker at WrestleMania.

Big Show concurred.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2015, 06:44:17 PM »
Austin's most recent Podcast with Shane Douglas is a must listen. He goes into excruciating detail about his OxyContin addiction and subsequent detox. Intense stuff.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2015, 08:18:06 PM »
The interview with Heyman was good but I thought Paul went on a bit and came across as a bit annoying towards the end. A great wrestling mind though. I can not understand why he and JR are not the two main bookers in WWE right now.

I like JR's podcast too, especially just hearing his thoughts in the first 10-15 minutes. I don't think there is anybody in wrestling who could do a better job at developing younger talent and storylines.

Jericho's podcast is pretty good as well. He is a bit over the top at times, funny as hell at others (when he was reading out lyrics to wrestling theme tunes that was funny as hell) but what I like about him is that he is very open about certain things in WWE while JR and Austin seem reluctant to be too critical (I think they have more connections with WWE still). For example Jericho has spoken a lot about Benoit and criticised Cena several times.

I feel like Paul is like Hogan in the sense that he's always working.  Anything Heyman does is "ground breaking" and "cutting edge" or at "the forefront" of whatever it is. Despite being extremely talented he's  like a schill for himself.

I just listened to Colt Cabana's Pod with Piper and it was pretty insightful to Rod the man. I misjudged him.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2015, 08:21:24 PM »
I've been kinda slacking on listening to Stone Cold's Podcasts.

I need to start getting back into them.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2015, 03:17:41 AM »
Austin's most recent Podcast with Shane Douglas is a must listen. He goes into excruciating detail about his OxyContin addiction and subsequent detox. Intense stuff.

Agreed. If you listen to MLW radio there is a free and paid but Jim Cornette is awesome when he does email Q&A....he is an atheist with a don't give a fuck attitude. Funny enough he puts over Rock and Roll express more than Midnight's......

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2015, 02:42:32 PM »
I have been listening to Austin and Gilbert Gottfried's podcasts almost exclusively on my trips to and from work.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2015, 06:11:38 AM »

I just started part 2. Very good listen.

One point Shane mentioned about the current generation of workers is that they are incredibly skilled physically, but they lack a great deal of psychology and story telling.

Shane said he wishes he'd had that level of athleticism at that age, but despite that, he personally finds more entertainment in a Honky Tonk Man match from 30 years ago. He also made sure to clarify that it's NOT the talent's fault, but the company's for micromanaging and suppressing the development the talent needs.

Shane conceded that his Franchise character would never hav developed under that style of micromanaging, and there are undoubtedly some excellent performers who are not being allowed to evolve.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2015, 12:18:42 PM »

I just started part 2. Very good listen.

One point Shane mentioned about the current generation of workers is that they are incredibly skilled physically, but they lack a great deal of psychology and story telling.

Shane said he wishes he'd had that level of athleticism at that age, but despite that, he personally finds more entertainment in a Honky Tonk Man match from 30 years ago. He also made sure to clarify that it's NOT the talent's fault, but the company's for micromanaging and suppressing the development the talent needs.

Shane conceded that his Franchise character would never hav developed under that style of micromanaging, and there are undoubtedly some excellent performers who are not being allowed to evolve.

Also noticed he felt owed by everyone.  Dixie lied to him, Paul owed 144k, Flair screwed him out of their angle in WCW (although I will agree whoever was in charge didn't use any of the old ecw crew correctly).  He also gave Austin credit for getting over in WWE because he never could.

It was an interesting interview,  Douglas didn't come across as bitter despite all his disappointments. I also didn't know what to think about him relaying the story about Bischoff offering him a quarter million to bring the ecw title to WCW and lose to Flair on Nitro.

He told that story after explaining how bad Paul screwed him over financially, and knowing he'd never see the money. I couldn't understand his "moral" dilemma,  business is business; those guys knew ECW was going under and wrestling was about making money.

All this said I have to give SCSA a lot of credit,  as he never bad mouths the WWE, even when he easily could. He still refers to his walk out as him being stupid and even now when there is obviously something going on between him and the Federation he still takes the high road and says there is no heat.  I like him more then ever.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2015, 03:54:07 PM »
His show is like listening to a guy I grew up with, as we're about the same age and have similar working class backgrounds.

I first became a "fan" of his when he was down in Georgia and was the TV champ. He'd wrestle every week and his work ethic just came through the screen. I remember being excited when he finally came to work for Vince, but was subsequently disappointed by the lame Ringmaster gimmick, but I was finally vindicated when "Stone Cold" blew up.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2015, 06:15:41 PM »
His show is like listening to a guy I grew up with, as we're about the same age and have similar working class backgrounds.

I first became a "fan" of his when he was down in Georgia and was the TV champ. He'd wrestle every week and his work ethic just came through the screen. I remember being excited when he finally came to work for Vince, but was subsequently disappointed by the lame Ringmaster gimmick, but I was finally vindicated when "Stone Cold" blew up.

You have my respect as a "true fan," Lizzy.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2015, 06:17:39 PM »

Agreed. I stillhave my Austin 316 teeshirt from 1998.