Author Topic: UFC 167 - Info and Report  (Read 18496 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: UFC 167 - Info and Report
« Reply #275 on: November 17, 2013, 10:33:27 AM »
Sounds like Don King got involved in this decision.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #276 on: November 17, 2013, 11:50:14 AM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #277 on: November 17, 2013, 12:07:28 PM »
I just watched the fight again , to see if I was mistaken , and NO Hendricks won the fight.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2013, 12:11:10 PM »
'On second watch, emotion removed, GSP won this fight - close as it was.

Even in the 2nd round when George got wobbled, St. Pierre came back and nearly stole back the round. Literaly, watch it again.

1, 3, and 5 were George's. The majority of damage done to GSP's face was in the fourth round when Hendricks did his damaging GnP. Whatever the case, Johny was too busy looking at the blood on George's face and quit pushing a pace and trying to finish. George, however, continued his workman like approach and won the final frame.'

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2013, 12:16:30 PM »

Even in the 2nd round when George got wobbled, St. Pierre came back and nearly stole back the round. Literaly, watch it again.

1, 3, and 5 were George's. The majority of damage done to GSP's face was in the fourth round when Hendricks did his damaging GnP. Whatever the case, Johny was too busy looking at the blood on George's face and quit pushing a pace and trying to finish. George, however, continued his workman like approach and won the final frame.'

Hahahahahahaha you Gorge and E-Kul that makes 3 people who think he won.

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2013, 12:41:44 PM »
I agree with Kenny Florian's take on tonight's main event: "There is NOTHING in the unified rules that uses the term damage as something that determines a winner/loser in an mma fight."

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #281 on: November 17, 2013, 12:57:41 PM »
I agree with Kenny Florian's take on tonight's main event: "There is NOTHING in the unified rules that uses the term damage as something that determines a winner/loser in an mma fight."

"based on effective striking..."

GSP's punch count might've been higher, but he could've been open hand slapping him on the chest and had the same effect on johnny.

johnny controlled the fight.. controlled the pace.. 80% of the fight gsp was playing defense.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: November 17, 2013, 01:03:01 PM »

under the shadow
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #283 on: November 17, 2013, 01:13:56 PM »
Falcon would beat the piss out of them both.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2013, 01:49:17 PM »

I have watched the fight several times now, and truly Jonhy Hendricks didn't do much.  GSP never stopped  dictating the pace, and landing SCORING kicks and punches. SO what, his face got banged up, that's nothing NEW for GSP, he marks up easy, so what. This isn't some street brawl, where bragging rights are determined by who hasn't got the biggest shiner and bloody nose.  This is an MMA Contest with rules and a SCORING system, one that doesn't include overall damage, which is deceptive, as you can rock someone's world without them ever showing a mark on there body or face.  GSP has long been a points fighter, that's how he wins, he isn't a KO artist, he works and works and looks for ways to outpoint a guy, his style is No SECRET and it has worked very well for him.   (And I agree, outside of the couple of heavy punches Hendricks landed in the second round, George still fought very well in that round)

Johny Hendricks on the other hand is just a heavy handed hick, who probably wasn't smart enough to realise he wasn't going to beat GSP at his own strategy of 5 round point scoring and whose best chance was to KO the champion.  He had his chance and he failed, this whole 'I was hitting him with 70% bullshit'.  Too bad, so sad, you would have been better off going all out and looking for the KO from the get go, if you gassed by the 3rd round, bad luck, then you still weren't good enough. Johny lost and GSP won and the lack of respect Johny showed at the end was disgusting, to carry on like a petulant child the way he did was a disgrace to MMA.  GSP's sweat shows more class and humility than Hendricks.  If Johny ever becomes CHAMP, he will be a terrible representative for Martial Arts.

It was a close fight no doubt, but I am a BIG believer in the challenger has to literally KO the champ to take the belt.  The Champion by virtue of his belt has earned the right to a BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT decision. (aka Knockout)
V

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2013, 02:00:55 PM »
I have watched the fight several times now, and truly Jonhy Hendricks didn't do much.  GSP never stopped  dictating the pace, and landing SCORING kicks and punches. SO what, his face got banged up, that's nothing NEW for GSP, he marks up easy, so what. This isn't some street brawl, where bragging rights are determined by who hasn't got the biggest shiner and bloody nose.  This is an MMA Contest with rules and a SCORING system, one that doesn't include overall damage, which is deceptive, as you can rock someone's world without them ever showing a mark on there body or face.  GSP has long been a points fighter, that's how he wins, he isn't a KO artist, he works and works and looks for ways to outpoint a guy, his style is No SECRET and it has worked very well for him.   (And I agree, outside of the couple of heavy punches Hendricks landed in the second round, George still fought very well in that round)

Johny Hendricks on the other hand is just a heavy handed hick, who probably wasn't smart enough to realise he wasn't going to beat GSP at his own strategy of 5 round point scoring and whose best chance was to KO the champion.  He had his chance and he failed, this whole 'I was hitting him with 70% bullshit'.  Too bad, so sad, you would have been better off going all out and looking for the KO from the get go, if you gassed by the 3rd round, bad luck, then you still weren't good enough. Johny lost and GSP won and the lack of respect Johny showed at the end was disgusting, to carry on like a petulant child the way he did was a disgrace to MMA.  GSP's sweat shows more class and humility than Hendricks.  If Johny ever becomes CHAMP, he will be a terrible representative for Martial Arts.

It was a close fight no doubt, but I am a BIG believer in the challenger has to literally KO the champ to take the belt.  The Champion by virtue of his belt has earned the right to a BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT decision.
Even Dana White said GSP only won the third round.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2013, 02:03:34 PM »

Everyone knows GSP lost

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2013, 02:04:07 PM »
Dana White is an idiot.  He is a fight promoter, NOT a JUDGE !  Hendricks FANS are just pissed off , because Hendricks couldn't do what he constantly bragged about doing, and that's Knocking GSP out.  Had he done so, this conversation wouldn't be happening.  Hendricks came, he saw and he FAILED !!!!
V

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: November 17, 2013, 02:22:04 PM »
Dana White is an idiot.  He is a fight promoter, NOT a JUDGE !  Hendricks FANS are just pissed off , because Hendricks couldn't do what he constantly bragged about doing, and that's Knocking GSP out.  Had he done so, this conversation wouldn't be happening.  Hendricks came, he saw and he FAILED !!!!

Johny Hendricks - He didn't get to take home the belt. But it's pretty obvious to most of us that he won the fight. That's not why I have him in this column though - he's here because of the way he handled the whole thing. He was obviously adamant that he won and that he wanted a rematch as expected, but he handled the situation with class. He didn't stoop to crying or whining, he just accepted it and said that he hopes to get another shot. He honestly assessed the fight, talked about what his plan was regarding his cardio, and he knows there are things he can improve upon. I never really counted myself as a big Johny Hendricks fan before last night, but I am now. Class act all the way.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: November 17, 2013, 02:28:57 PM »

Johny Hendricks - He didn't get to take home the belt. But it's pretty obvious to most of us that he won the fight. That's not why I have him in this column though - he's here because of the way he handled the whole thing. He was obviously adamant that he won and that he wanted a rematch as expected, but he handled the situation with class. He didn't stoop to crying or whining, he just accepted it and said that he hopes to get another shot. He honestly assessed the fight, talked about what his plan was regarding his cardio, and he knows there are things he can improve upon. I never really counted myself as a big Johny Hendricks fan before last night, but I am now. Class act all the way.
Are you fucking kidding, Johny hasn't accepted SHIT! He hasn't stopped bitching and crying like a little girl ever since the decision.(like his fans).  He didn't honestly assess the fight, Johny is too dumb to realise that an MMA contest isn't decided by landing a few heavy blows or whose face is more banged up.  Johny has the class of a street hooker, he nearly cried several times during the press conference.  It was embarassing to watch a grown man act like that.
V

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: November 17, 2013, 02:31:40 PM »
Are you fucking kidding, Johny hasn't accepted SHIT! He hasn't stopped bitching and crying like a little girl ever since the decision.(like his fans).  He didn't honestly assess the fight, Johny is too dumb to realise that an MMA contest isn't decided by landing a few heavy blows or whose face is more banged up.  Johny has the class of a street hooker, he nearly cried several times during the press conference.  It was embarassing to watch a grown man act like that.

He handled that with class. Unlike GSP who was on the verge of tears when Rogan interviewed him and the press conference. Again it's obvious to anyone who can be unbiased GSP lost

Hell look at the picture of him and Arnold he's ready to cry. I need a vacation , I need to hang up my cloves lol Hendricks made GSP retire.  ;)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #291 on: November 17, 2013, 02:34:01 PM »
 In Brazil. I was in Tang Soo Do under Chuck Norris (Sherman Oaks)    he showed us Judo and BJJ and told us about GJJ and BJJ in Brazil.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #292 on: November 17, 2013, 02:36:43 PM »
    Che... I know no one likes to hear it... but truth be told... if you lose a JD     even if 99.99 of the world thinks you won... you can only really blame your self for NOT stopping your foe. I NEVER want to sound like Dana. EVER.

PS   I know that it is VERY hard to ALWAYS FINISH your opponent.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #293 on: November 17, 2013, 02:38:41 PM »
if you lose a JD     even if 99.99 of the world thinks you won... you can only really blame your self for NOT stopping your foe.
                                                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
V

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: November 17, 2013, 02:41:05 PM »
                                                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

GSP stop Hendricks? NO , that speaks more to the incompetency of the judges than Hendricks performance.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: November 17, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »
GSP stop Hendricks? NO , that speaks more to the incompetency of the judges than Hendricks performance.

OH Brother, now Hendricks inability to stop his opponent is the judges fault.  Face it, Hendricks wasn't up to the task, he wasn't capable of fulfilling his promise of knocking the CHAMP OUT.  He is a deserving LOSER !

When all is said and done and the smoke has cleared, Johny will be remembered as just another fighter, GSP will be remembered as one of the greatest fighters and champions the UFC has ever seen, he will be a HALL of FAMER, he will have countless accolades and records linked to him.  Hendricks, if he is remembered at all, will be remembered for being a whiny little bitch who was a sore loser.
V

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #296 on: November 17, 2013, 02:51:42 PM »

To beat the champ you have to take the belt away from him, not lose the last round. Jhonny clearly lost the last round. There were 2 rounds in the fight that were very close and 2 rounds that hendricks clearly won. so 3-2 st pierre won. You can't win the fight in a close fight being the challenger if you clearly lose the final round.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #297 on: November 17, 2013, 02:53:24 PM »
OH Brother, now Hendricks inability to stop his opponent is the judges fault.

When all is said and done and the smoke has cleared, Johny will be remembered as just another fighter, GSP will be remembered as one of the greatest fighters and champions the UFC has ever seen, he will be a HALL of FAMER, he will have countless accolades and records linked to him.  Hendricks, if he is remembered at all, will be remembered for being a whiny little bitch who was a sore loser.

It was a close fight up until the last round and hendricks clearly lost the last round. Actually got his ass kicked the final round. got taken down and repeatedly got hit with leg kick to the face and strikes.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: November 17, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »
Hendricks claims he fought at 70%
Who the fuck cries for a year to get a title shot, then fights at 70%?

V

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #299 on: November 17, 2013, 02:57:05 PM »
  I thought that JH was going to KO GSP. That is a victory for GSP alone. (I wanted GSP to win, but felt he would lose via KO, TKO)