Author Topic: CNN dopping faster than libtard IQ  (Read 894 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
CNN dopping faster than libtard IQ
« on: November 01, 2013, 09:13:33 AM »
A busy news day of combative Congressional Obamacare hearings and Presidential speeches did CNN no favors in primetime last night. The Jeff Zucker-run cable network hit its lowest primetime time result among adults 25-54 in over a year Wednesday despite all the cable newers being up double digits over the day before during Health and Human Services Sec. Kathleen Sebelius’ morning testimony. Between 8 PM and 11 PM last night, CNN had a mere 67,000 viewers among the key news demo. That’s the worst its done in the demo since August 10 last year. With the Olympics were on NBC last August, CNN drew just 62,000 among the 25-54s that Friday. Not only was CNN behind rivals Fox News Channel (396,000) and MSNBC (127,000) but also it did worse than sister station HLN (93,000) and CNBC (79,000). The most watched show on CNN last night was Piers Morgan Live at 9 PM which got a soft 83,000 in the demo and 340,000 viewers overall. Overall CNN had 285,000 viewers in primetime last night compared to MSNBC’s 683,000 and FNC’s 2.312 million.

As CNN tanked, FNC’s The Kelly File was back at No. 1 last night for the first time since its October 7 debut week. Building on her O’Reilly Factor lead-in, Megyn Kelly’s 9 PM Fox News Channel show pulled in 445,000 in the adult 25-54 demo Wednesday. Kelly first topped heavyweight Bill O’Reilly on the second night of her show on October 8 with 623,000 in the demo to The Factor’s 578,000. The spread wasn’t so big last night with O’Reilly drawing 433,000 among the 25-54s. Kelly won again with 376,000 to O’Reilly’s 343,000 on October 10 before settling into second place ever since. In total viewers, O’Reilly remained first last night with 2.96 million watching to Kelly’s 2.350 million. Against her time slot rivals however Kelly was the easy winner. In fact, her show had more in the demo than CNN’s Piers Morgan Live had in total viewers. MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow Show was second in the 9 PM slot with 810,000 total viewers and 136,000 among the 25-54s. Now moved from his previous 9 PM slot to 10 PM, FNC’s Hannity lost some of Kelly’s crowd with his demo at 305,000 and total viewers at 1.59 million. Still that was better than CNN AC360 Later (52,000 in the demo and 193,000 total viewers) and MSNBC’s Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell (139,000 in the demo and 679,000 total viewers) put together in both categories.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: CNN dopping faster than libtard IQ
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 12:33:51 PM »
Not surprised.

On another note, I actually took about thirty minutes the other and watched MSNBC.  They spent an extensive amount of time on a story about a "far right wing" mayor from Canada who is in trouble for allegedly using crack.  I was literally laughing out loud during the segment.  

Who the heck cares about Canadian politics??  

Then I watched a portion of Maddow.  Not a word about the Obamacare fiasco.  

I completely understand why their ratings are in the toilet.  

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 07:46:41 AM »

The dyke is more concerned with Rand Paul not atributting some of the lines in his speeches to movies and other writers. She is too busy accusing Paul of plagiarism while her personal savior obamatheclown continues to lie to the american people.

Nah. What's more important to the grotesque looking rug muncher is not that the health care system is being destroyed, it's not that in order to pass the worst healthcare reform ever the president lied constantly. It's none of that. It's Rand Paul's speeches. That is what's important because you know that Rand Paul's speeches affects more people than health care reform. ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 07:48:14 AM »
The dyke is more concerned with Rand Paul not atributting some of the lines in his speeches to movies and other writers. She is too busy accusing Paul of plagiarism while her personal savior obamatheclown continues to lie to the american people.

Nah. What's more important to the grotesque looking rug muncher is not that the health care system is being destroyed, it's not that in order to pass the worst healthcare reform ever the president lied constantly. It's none of that. It's Rand Paul's speeches. That is what's important because you know that Rand Paul's speeches affects more people than health care reform. ::)

That's why their ratings stink.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 08:57:14 AM »
On another note, I actually took about thirty minutes the other and watched MSNBC.

What are you, some kind of masochist?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 11:29:24 AM »
What are you, some kind of masochist?

Nah.  Just curious.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 11:30:12 AM »
CNN Ratings Plunge as Fox Holds Strong
Tuesday, 05 Nov 2013
By Lisa Furgison

CNN saw its lowest ratings in more than a year last week. The cable news network averaged just 385,000 total viewers, which is the lowest weekly ratings period since Aug. 2012.

During the sluggish ratings week, CNN focused on the Affordable Care Act with frequent stories about the inadequate healthcare website, Healthcare.gov. However, both Fox News and MSNBC also covered the site's inadequacies and both brought in higher ratings than CNN.

Plus, CNN only attracted 95,000 viewers between the ages of 25 and 54, which is a key demographic that news advertisers want to reach.

According to The New York Times, Fox News averaged 2.4 million overall viewers with 377,000 in the 25-54 age group. MSNBC averaged 683,000 overall viewers with 150,000 in the 25-54 category.

In the past, CNN's ratings have done well during times of crisis and dipped during the quiet times. A CNN employee told the Times last year that the network was like an emergency room. It's a place you turn to during an emergency, but you don't stay any longer than you have to.

In an effort to change this perception, CNN brought former NBC boss in Jeff Zucker to lead the network at the beginning of the year. He has made changes to several programs including morning and afternoon shows, but few changes have occurred during the primetime hours.

CNN has hired Bill Weir from ABC, which Politico suggests could mean primetime changes are coming soon.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/cnn-ratings-plunge-fox/2013/11/05/id/534914#ixzz2jnjVUHNi

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 08:27:36 AM »

If funny to watch how much they are reaching to find something, anything, to attack paul with. The 'ol plagerism accusation is pretty much the last resort, when you have absolutely nothing left. It is so vague and petty no one even pays attention to it. Better luck next time Madcow  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 09:44:37 AM »
CNN and MSNBC Lose Almost Half Their Viewers in One Year
By Noel Sheppard | November 27, 2013

It's been a tough year for the liberal cable news outlets.

Data released Tuesday show CNN shedding 48 percent of total viewers since last November and MSNBC dropping 45 percent.

The numbers were even worse in the all important demographic of people aged 25 to 54 as CNN's ratings dropped 59 percent and MSNBC's 52 percent.

In an off-election year, and with last November's numbers skewed higher as a result of the presidential election, it should be expected for ratings to decline.

However, Fox News didn't see close to these losses. In total day, FNC is only down 18 percent since last November and 30 percent in the demo.

As you might imagine, prime time numbers were also down.

CNN was off 54 percent in total viewers and 62 percent in the demo. MSNBC declined 50 percent in total prime time viewers and 57 percent in the demo.

By contrast, FNC was second in all of cable in prime time this November averaging over 2 million viewers. This represented a decline of 21 percent in total viewers and 41 percent in the demo.

As such, no matter how you slice it, the liberal cable networks fared much worse in the past twelve months than their far more centrist competitor.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/11/27/cnn-and-msnbc-lose-almost-half-their-viewers-one-year#ixzz2lrwLBQlj

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 09:59:56 AM »
Wow.

Now, if only the country would wake up and turn on the democrats next year with their votes.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 08:16:16 AM »
Not surprised.

On another note, I actually took about thirty minutes the other and watched MSNBC.  They spent an extensive amount of time on a story about a "far right wing" mayor from Canada who is in trouble for allegedly using crack.  I was literally laughing out loud during the segment.  

I completely understand why their ratings are in the toilet.  

butt, after all day long of the radical right radio/tv folks all using the same daily talking points it is refreshing to hear other stories. Even Glenn Beck was doing whole segments on the Canadian Mayor.  it's funny, its news. its politics.
w

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »
CNN has already officially stated that it is straying away from being an actual news network to something more entertainment-minded.  CNN has stated that news would still be its "bread and butter."

Just look at their homepage.  Plastered with videos and celebrity news.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 02:29:26 PM »

a whole lotta getbiggers decided canadian polls were super relevant recently, on a getbig thread in which they claimed this crackhead was more popular than obama, etc.

he was relevant to them, however insignificant it was to any of us

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 02:31:07 PM »
it's weird that FOX is so popular, the lib media is so shitty...

yet...

they somehow manage to keep giving elections to dems.

Now, that means either 1) FOX is too honorable to stoop to political attacks on their networks (we can find plenty of examples that isnt the case), or 2) Lib media is just better at it.

I think FOX should hire some NBC and CNN execs to show them how to effectively execute a political agenda... they have more viewers and less results... some serious underachieving, if you think about it.