Author Topic: Beatles vs. oasis  (Read 11119 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Beatles vs. oasis
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2013, 02:49:38 PM »
The Gallaghers are the first to admit their career is due to the Beatles. Granted they werent the absolute best at what they did, but what they brought to the table made for a great time in British music. The only man above them from that era was Richard Ashcroft.

Their press was almost always negative due to fights etc, but their music from 95 - 02ish was phenomenal. Thats why they sold out 80,000 seat stadiums night after night.

Radiohead is about ten levels above them...they weren't clse to the best British band from the 90s

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2013, 02:53:49 PM »
u mean Brian Cannon? that is a man that knows / works with everybody in the biz!

Groink, i might be the only man alive that will say i hate Radiohead. Ive never found their music, well actually anything about them appealing. I'd rather listen to Muse and i can barely stand them.

gee38

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2013, 02:57:26 PM »
yes mate

he's a girl by the way

now lives in wigan with his ma

shithouse of a bloke!

he had it all and lost it all through thinking he was liam- he wasn't!

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2013, 03:00:29 PM »
i didnt know that, see his stuff on twitter etc and looks a sound lad. PMSL at thinking he's Liam, copying that nut theres only 1 way youre going.......

gee38

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2013, 03:05:07 PM »
so many stories about brian mate so many stories!!

bravest man alive after 6 vodka's - biggest coward going without them!

did some great artwork but he's a pisspot now mate

gee38

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2013, 03:21:03 PM »
richard gere's fave group apparently

gee38

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2013, 05:07:17 PM »
this beatles tune kills it

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2013, 07:00:50 PM »
Fuck I hate the Beatles. I know I'm outta the loop here, but they do absolutely nothing for me.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2013, 07:27:26 PM »
Radiohead is about ten levels above them...they weren't clse to the best British band from the 90s

Smoking the crackpipe here, its unanimous here that Oasis were the best Brit band of the nineties

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2013, 07:32:45 PM »
Smoking the crackpipe here, its unanimous here that Oasis were the best Brit band of the nineties

Says a lot about your taste in music.  Oasis were all hype.  Radiohead puts out critically acclaimed albums and packs stadiums to this day.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2013, 07:39:11 PM »
Some shitty bands being discussed in this thread.
I'll see my way out...... ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2013, 07:42:03 PM »
Some shitty bands being discussed in this thread.
I'll see my way out...... ;D

What floats your boat ?

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2013, 07:42:41 PM »
Says a lot about your taste in music.  Oasis were all hype.  Radiohead puts out critically acclaimed albums and packs stadiums to this day.

Oasis packs stadiums to this day as well. Quite honestly I don't know why either band does......but to be fair I just don't prefer their music.

Radiohead is much more critically claimed than Oasis however. They also have a much more distinct sound in my opinion. I would almost describe their music as "dreary". However some describe it as "uplifting."

Regardless it's pretty bold of Petshopboys to even consider a comparison between the apples and oranges that are The Beatles and Oasis.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2013, 07:43:28 PM »
I don't get Radiohead. Critics seem to, but they're a mystery to me. Pink Floyd, too, I don't get it.  

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »
What floats your boat ?
I don't have a list of "great" bands as my musical tastes span a huge gap.
Oasis, radiohead, verve, etc. always sounded like a bunch of whining to me. No memorable songs or sounds to keep my interest.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2013, 07:46:25 PM »
Oasis packs stadiums to this day as well. Quite honestly I don't know why either band does......but to be fair I just don't prefer their music.

Radiohead is much more critically claimed than Oasis however. They also have a much more distinct sound in my opinion. I would almost describe their music as "dreary". However some describe it as "uplifting."

Regardless it's pretty bold of Petshopboys to even consider a comparison between the apples and oranges that are The Beatles and Oasis.

I had no idea Oasis was still a band.  They had those two good songs...actually one in my opinion because wonderwall sucked.

Ya Radiohead ia an acquired taste....seems a lot of people like them though. I like "different" over "the usual" any day of the week.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2013, 07:50:04 PM »
Oasis, radiohead, verve, etc. always sounded like a bunch of whining to me. No memorable songs or sounds to keep my interest.

Youtube "planet telex live"

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2013, 07:53:48 PM »
I don't get Radiohead. Critics seem to, but they're a mystery to me. Pink Floyd, too, I don't get it.  

I am right there with you. I have made an honest attempt at seeing why Pink Floyd is considered one of the "greats." Lyrically, musically, accounting for other bands of that era, etc......I simply can not.

I have one song of theirs downloaded...the Division Bell....and that's it.

However nobody can explain to me why they think they are great.....so I have to wonder if it's all hype with no substance, and everybody is just a sheep keeping up with the herd.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »
Youtube "planet telex live"
Terrible. I lasted 2 minutes...I really tried but I just can't stand their sound.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2013, 07:56:50 PM »
I am right there with you. I have made an honest attempt at seeing why Pink Floyd is considered one of the "greats." Lyrically, musically, accounting for other bands of that era, etc......I simply can not.

However nobody can explain to me why they think they are great.....so I have to wonder if it's all hype with no substance, and everybody is just a sheep keeping up with the herd.

The Division bell isn't even real Floyd...anything after Roger Waters left is not Pink Floyd music.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2013, 07:57:03 PM »

To be honest, most of the people I knew/know into Floyd are stoners or otherwise impaired. Maybe you just gotta be high to enjoy them.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2013, 07:58:11 PM »
Terrible. I lasted 2 minutes...I really tried but I just can't stand their sound.

Ha ha...hey at least you gave it a shot..its cool...nickrlback is good music too..LOLOL  ;D

just goes to show you, I listen to that song everyday.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2013, 08:01:06 PM »
agreed on all counts. I dont get radiohead, I dont get floyd, I really dont get the grateful dead.

Although I tend to listen to a lot more metal than rock anymore.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2013, 08:01:17 PM »
Ha ha...hey at least you gave it a shot..its cool...nickrlback is good music too..LOLOL  ;D

just goes to show you, I listen to that song everyday.
Who?
Right now I'm doing alot of country/southern rock type music, with some heavy stuff thrown in for the gym.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2013, 08:04:10 PM »
Who?
Right now I'm doing alot of country/southern rock type music, with some heavy stuff thrown in for the gym.

It makes sense bro... you're a normal..well adjusted guy.  I'm a fkng freakshow. ....of course I like Radiohead...LOL

Nickelback was a joke  ;D