Author Topic: PS4 - worth buying - pros and cons?  (Read 10550 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: PS4
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2013, 08:47:32 AM »
It's exactly what I did last time.   I'm a huge fallout fan and I can wait until fallout 4 comes out before I purchase a new system.

I waited last time before I went 360 and, eventually, PS3.    Sold that, but loved the God of War series, and I'm glad MGS goes cross platform now.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2013, 03:18:08 PM »
Never was.  It depends on the exclusives you want.   Titanfall seals it for me.

what games are you looking forward to aside from titanfall?

i would say xbox one looks better for now as far as exclusives go but neither are worth a purchase at this point

ryse looks cool but critics have panned the gameplay, i didn't like the other dead rising games, never cared for killer instinct, the only game that really excites me is forza 5

still the launch lineup looks better, it seems that killzone and knack turned out worse than i thought

i still want to play about 15 games from this generation before i move on, by then most new games will be much cheaper

E
E

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2013, 03:43:52 PM »
killer instinct is going to be a huge dissapointment. japenese fans will love it though. its too unrealistic for my tastes

realism sells, not these ultra combo bullshit in killer intinct

it was a bad ass arcade game to play though when i was like in 8th grade
A

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2013, 03:51:48 PM »
Very disappointing that all the multiplatform games look better on the pc than ps4/xbone tho

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »
Very disappointing that all the multiplatform games look better on the pc than ps4/xbone tho

Not uncommon at all... Whatever the hardware is in any console, it's obsoleted by PC hardware within 6 weeks. It's just the way of the world.

An Nvidia Titan card is 1000 dollars... Most people won't spend that kind of money on a console.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2013, 04:24:23 PM »
Xbox One is better. It has FAR more exclusive games, although PS4 does have some very good ones of its own coming out.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2013, 04:34:55 PM »
The "next gen" consoles are a low end pc, not even mid range.  They should have canned Kinect, as nobody cares about that other than kids, retards, and women to play dance games.

Both consoles could have went for $500.  This would have allowed for more power on each unit. Anytime corporate dicks get involved in a gaming device, you know a few ideas are going to be off. Xbox has so much invested in their Kinect, they can't just toss it.  They need to show how it's an integral part of the system, but really...who wants to watch some out of shape geek playing COD in his boxers with Cheetos crumbs on his couch....in his mom's basement.

The Xbox interface is better though, with instant switching, snapping, etc...even though everyone is overly concerned will multitasking their nutbag...it's a bit ridiculous.  Who goes on Skype, watches tv, then switches to games?  Settle down...do one thing and enjoy it.  Your game isn't going anywhere.

The funniest thing about how things are set up now, with "instant" this and that is...anyone who is sitting down to play a video game...definitely has the time to wait a minute. Hurry up and launch fast...I want to spend 5 hours playing COD! ;D ::)
N

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2013, 04:35:26 PM »
killer instinct is going to be a huge dissapointment. japenese fans will love it though. its too unrealistic for my tastes

realism sells, not these ultra combo bullshit in killer intinct

it was a bad ass arcade game to play though when i was like in 8th grade

Yes people want realism, because the latest versions of Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter failed  ::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2013, 06:01:19 PM »
Xbox One is better. It has FAR more exclusive games, although PS4 does have some very good ones of its own coming out.

I'm an XBox fan first, but exclusives are all subjective.  To each his own.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2013, 06:03:06 PM »
what games are you looking forward to aside from titanfall?

i would say xbox one looks better for now as far as exclusives go but neither are worth a purchase at this point

ryse looks cool but critics have panned the gameplay, i didn't like the other dead rising games, never cared for killer instinct, the only game that really excites me is forza 5

still the launch lineup looks better, it seems that killzone and knack turned out worse than i thought

i still want to play about 15 games from this generation before i move on, by then most new games will be much cheaper

E

Titanfall is THE one, Halo, dead rising to name a few.  Plus, my friends multiplay exclusively on XBox for CoD and Halo, so it makes it an easy choice for me.
Y

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #60 on: November 15, 2013, 06:04:52 PM »

Any playstation heads in here? I'm considering buying it. But it just totally blows that you can't play ps2, and ps3 games on it. At least ps3 games would've been sweet to play on ps4. Maybe they just made the processors and graphics much better.  

- Discuss

Its not designed to play them "out of box".  There will be a mod eventually to play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games in no time.
A

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2013, 08:07:34 PM »
lots of retardation in this thread:

- 720p/1080p doesn't make a difference
- most devs use less than 50% of ps3s power (and lee priest uses one amp every six months)
- xbox one has far more exclusives
- japanese fans will love killer instinct
- the new consoles are low end PCs (ROFLMAO)

::)

and i barely even follow games anymore

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2013, 11:23:27 PM »
The "next gen" consoles are a low end pc, not even mid range.  They should have canned Kinect, as nobody cares about that other than kids, retards, and women to play dance games.
Both consoles could have went for $500.  This would have allowed for more power on each unit.
Anytime corporate dicks get involved in a gaming device, you know a few ideas are going to be off.
Xbox has so much invested in their Kinect, they can't just toss it.  They need to show how it's an integral part of the system, but really...who wants to watch some out of shape geek playing COD in his boxers with Cheetos crumbs on his couch....in his mom's basement.

The Xbox interface is better though, with instant switching, snapping, etc...even though everyone is overly concerned will multitasking their nutbag...it's a bit ridiculous.  Who goes on Skype, watches tv, then switches to games?  Settle down...do one thing and enjoy it.  Your game isn't going anywhere.
The funniest thing about how things are set up now, with "instant" this and that is...anyone who is sitting down to play a video game...definitely has the time to wait a minute.
Hurry up and launch fast...I want to spend 5 hours playing COD! ;D ::)

All this eye candy and EA's AI still isn't physics based, so what's the point?  Gods of Gaming plus raise a company from the ashes that makes physics based sports titles instead of scripted games, and I might just buy one of these things.   

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2013, 11:09:13 AM »
I'm an XBox fan first, but exclusives are all subjective.  To each his own.

I'm just saying the quantity of XBone exclusives that have been announced is more than PS4's. Doesn't necessarily mean they will be better, although it's hard to think Titanfall and the next Halo will fail, to give a couple of examples.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2013, 12:42:54 PM »
lots of retardation in this thread:

- 720p/1080p doesn't make a difference

I think I may have said that.  In terms of multiplayer CoD was what I was referring to.  Makes zero impact on my enjoyment of the game.  Plus, I currently play on a 32 inch TV, so it matters even less.
Y

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2013, 01:03:31 PM »
 Dez Bryant just bought a bunch of them for people in line with him at Walmart

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57612592/dez-bryant-buys-ps4-for-people-in-line-at-walmart/

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »

Its not designed to play them "out of box".  There will be a mod eventually to play PS1, PS2, and PS3 games in no time.

Good luck, security embedded on these new chips is pretty hefty.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2013, 02:44:54 PM »

Its not designed to play them "out of box". 

So what then? Inside the Box??  ;D

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2013, 12:10:25 AM »
Watchdogs

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2013, 12:16:21 AM »
Good luck, security embedded on these new chips is pretty hefty.

All the constant firmware updates to,it seems every time I want to watch netflix I need to take a update