Author Topic: Charlie Crist back. Wrecking RickScott in polls by 12 points. VP Dem pick 2016?  (Read 4785 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
MAJOR CHARLIE CRIST ANNOUNCEMENT COMING MONDAY...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/blogs/political-pulse/os-on-the-eve-of-crists-announcement-rpof-goes-after-saintpetersblog-20131101,0,3889412.post

:D

Well, I thought he'd run in 2012 as a centrist, didn't happen... but now... with FL hating on Rick Scott (Crist leading Scott by 12 points now that tea party fever is over and no Meeks in the race)... Crist has a major announcement tomorrow (everyone says he's running for Gov 2014 as the dem candidate).

Now, IF he wins, given his 4 years of Gov experience already, the fact many repubs/RINOS love the dude, and the fact he brings Florida, a key swing state...
How does Hilary NOT choose him for running mate in fall 2016?

PPP: Crist leads Rick Scott 50 to 38%
New Poll: Charlie Crist Leads Rick Scott By Double Digits
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2013/10/crist-continues-to-lead-in-florida.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Ex-GOP Fla. Gov. Charlie Crist to run for job as Democrat

By ASSOCIATED PRESS | 11/1/13 5:49 PM EDT

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Former Republican governor-turned Democrat Charlie Crist took the first step Friday toward attempting to reclaim his old job with a new party, paving the way for a bitter contest that will be one of the most watched in the nation.

Crist filed paperwork to get in the race and is now the front-runner to represent Democrats against Republican Gov. Rick Scott, one of the most unpopular chief executives in the country. Scott, though, will be well-financed and is expected to spend as much as $25 million in attack ads against Crist.

Crist has a 10 a.m. event scheduled in a park near his St. Petersburg home to kick off his campaign.

"I'm looking forward to Monday and making it official in every way," Crist said Friday. "I just hope that the message that we deliver will lift Florida's spirits and let her know that there's a brighter future tomorrow. And it's coming."

There was little doubt he was getting into the race. He has been preparing a team of advisers and has set up a website for the potential campaign. His addresses to Democratic groups have increasingly sounded like campaign speeches.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/charlie-crist-democrat-florida-governor-race-99244.html#ixzz2jeRC

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
If he wins, he won't consider a VP pick.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
The Messiah?  ;D
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
If he wins, he won't consider a VP pick.

He wouldn't be considered a VP? 

I dunno... Modern, decent looking dude.  Experience as governor.  Hugely popular with hispanics.  He's likable, as the link below will show.  It's difficult to name another politician that brings Hispanics AND a huge swing state.  Portman bring OH, but doesn't pull hispanic votes.

Above all, he brings Florida.  He's very popular (I live here) and everyone HATES rick scott now, as that poll from PPP shows. It won't be a 3-way race this time, since Crist keeps the RINOs and the dems are backing him. 

More details on how loved he is in FL... more popular than Obama, hilary, rubio, and most others.  People like him.
http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2011/12/07/poll-most-popular-politician-in-florida-is-charlie-crist-2/

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
What party does he belong to this week? 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
He wouldn't be considered a VP? 

I dunno... Modern, decent looking dude.  Experience as governor.  Hugely popular with hispanics.  He's likable, as the link below will show.  It's difficult to name another politician that brings Hispanics AND a huge swing state.  Portman bring OH, but doesn't pull hispanic votes.

Above all, he brings Florida.  He's very popular (I live here) and everyone HATES rick scott now, as that poll from PPP shows. It won't be a 3-way race this time, since Crist keeps the RINOs and the dems are backing him. 

More details on how loved he is in FL... more popular than Obama, hilary, rubio, and most others.  People like him.
http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2011/12/07/poll-most-popular-politician-in-florida-is-charlie-crist-2/

What I meant is if he wins and is asked to be the VP, he won't take it. 

And yeah... everyone hates Scott in this state now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Florida GOP going at him hard.  They see him as a major threat, as the polls show.

http://join.rpof.org/landing/charlie-crist/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=20131115_rpof-lb-cristpetition3_facebook&utm_content=rpof

What I meant is if he wins and is asked to be the VP, he won't take it. 

Why wouldn't he take it?  He's got his years in.  State senate, state AG, and 4 years as Governor.   You can be president with HALF that.    He doesn't need to serve 4 more years as gov... I see him serving his 4 year term as a "plan B" in case he's not selected by Hilary.

If there's a better VP choice... one that brings a swing state like Florida + 4 years of gov experience + a POSITIVE face, who is it?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
If he comes in a little more tan and manages to bring up his leg mass he should win the thing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
If he comes in a little more tan and manages to bring up his leg mass he should win the thing.

lol. 

Going nowhere.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
will rick scott use this against him?

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
What party does he belong to this week? 
the party he probably always wanted to be in.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Crist has to choose, back in 2010... he could have tried to succumb to the tea party pressure and said "me too!" and really caved and really sold out... but he was moderate, leaning left, and he chose to stick with that.

it cost him his job in 2010... but it may be why he gets his job back in 2014.  The tea party trend is pretty weak right now, nobody can deny that.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
the party he probably always wanted to be in.

Which one is that?  He probably still has his finger in the wind.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Which one is that?  He probably still has his finger in the wind.

Crist is a lot like Christie... He just changes as it is politically convenient.

hristie is on record as believing in global warming and, more specifically, that it is man made.  He can NEVER escape this position with base voters.  Ever.  Christie Agrees with Obama

Christie clearly opposes offshore drilling off the coast on New Jersey.   Repubs want to drill, baby, drill!  Christie Agrees with Obama

Christie has stood with Obama’s EPA- arguably one of the most liberally radical federal agencies- in opposing construction of a new power plant in eastern Pennsylvania.   He hates coal.  HATES COAL!!!!  Christie Agrees with Obama

Abortion issue?  Christie has donated $ to Planned Parenthood.  Christie has since changed his position, but that may be hard to sell to base voters.... suddenly he's a flipflopper?  Compared to lifelong pro-life candidates like Rand, no contest

Foreign intervention?  lol, obama all the way: We ARE the leader in Libya; we MUST be the world's police.  Christie Agrees with Obama

Guns?  No right-to-carry cross-state reciprocity. (Jun 2012) - Favors gun control measures from law-enforcement perspective  Christie Agrees with Obama

Christie was notoriously soft on illegal immigrants, and called it a federal problem.  That's right, he wants the govt to handle it.  Christie Agrees with Obama

NJ Govt has ballooned under Christie - He's not a small govt guy.  Christie Agrees with Obama

Christie has completely capitulated to a federal, Obama-supported educational policy... NCLB all the way, baby!   Christie Agrees with Obama

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Poll: Crist Leads Scott in Fla. Governor's Race

3 months later, Crist still has a huge lead over Rick Scott.

Source: Real Clear Politics

Former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist -- who switched parties and endorsed Barack Obama for re-election in 2012 -- leads current Republican Gov. Rick Scott by eight percentage points in the Sunshine State's upcoming gubernatorial race, according to a new poll from Quinnipiac University.

Scott has the support of 38 percent of voters, lagging behind Crist’s 46 percent. While Scott has improved his standing from March, when he trailed by some 16 points, he has lost some ground since a November poll showed him just seven points behind his predecessor in the governor’s mansion. (Crist chose not to seek re-election in 2010, instead launching an unsuccessful bid for the U.S. Senate seat won by Marco Rubio.)

Scott has trouble with two key demographics: women and independent voters, who prefer his opponent by 50-34 and 48-32, respectively. Men are divided almost evenly, with 43 percent supporting Crist and 42 backing Scott. Democrats and Republicans both strongly back their nominee, though Crist, a former Republican, is able to peel off 12 percent of the GOP vote.

Scott leads among white voters, 46 percent to 39 percent. But Crist maintains a comfortable 66-25 margin with African-American and Hispanic voters.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
Doom lives in Florida when not in Latveria.  Crist should easily win the race against Scott.  Scott is the biggest case of buyer’s remorse in a generation.  That said, I do not believe Crist will be a compelling VP selection.  He has enough baggage that would hold him back as a national candidate.  He has credibility in FL, but local credibility does not always work nationally.  Sara Palin is the most recent example of that.  He can campaign for the national ticket and “deliver” FL without being on the ticket.

Bah!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I seriously doubt he can deliver Florida on a national ticket.  As history shows, including the last election (Ryan/Wisconsin), people vote the top of the ticket. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I seriously doubt he can deliver Florida on a national ticket.  As history shows, including the last election (Ryan/Wisconsin), people vote the top of the ticket. 

Florida is no longer the tea party hub it used to be.  People used to have blow-up Rick Scott dolls and they would regular have sex with them at local tea party rallies. 

No matter who is on the ticket, the dem probably wins Florida anyway.  We were in the Great Depression II in 2012 and Obama still managed to win.  If Crist can win gov, then Hilary or Warren will win the state   

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
thank you, jesus
w

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
If pics come out showing Crist with a sculpted, bronzed, veiny, well groomed cock, it's good night Irene for Rick Scott or anyone else.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
If pics come out showing Crist with a sculpted, bronzed, veiny, well groomed cock, it's good night Irene for Rick Scott or anyone else.
if he does, I want the name of the above mentioned cock.
w

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
if he does, I want the name of the above mentioned cock.

I sort of T'd that one up for you, didn't I?  LOL

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
I sort of T'd that one up for you, didn't I?  LOL
when you give me gold, i'll make a gold cock ring
w