Author Topic: Chris Christie to teacher "I'm tired of you people" His wife looks on and smiles  (Read 1107 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
If this is true, there should be video.  I think he might be a little too polarizing for swing voters.

Chris Christie to teacher "I'm tired of you people" His wife looks on and smiles. Picture.

I went to listen to him speak. I stood in the front of the crowd that was standing towards the back. I know he caught sight of me. He stared at me a few times during his speech. I left right as his speech was over to position myself right at the door of the bus. He came out, shaking everyone's hands as he was getting on the bus. I asked him my question, expecting him to ignore me but he suddenly turned and went off.

I asked him: "Why do you portray our schools as failure factories?" His reply: "Because they are!" He said: "I am tired of you people. What do you want?"

I told him I want money for my students. He fought back with the amount that he has spent on education. My response was along the lines of the fact his amount was not actually an increase from the previous years, given the rate of inflation and other factors. ...

The crowd started arguing with me. He screamed at me to just do my job. The crowd cheered for him. I just looked at them and told them: "Hey, this is my life. I had to do this." I tried to follow him to Atlantic City to continue the conversation but the roads were blocked by police when I got there.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Sounds like a bitter skunt to me.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
He is right

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
The easy and most frequently used excuse for the failure of schools is the lack of funding.   As a person with some experience I can tell you the issue of funding is one of the least important concerns.  Teacher quality isn't that big of an issue either.   The most persistent issues I have encountered are disciplinary problems and the absence parental participation in the education of their child.   Parents aren't teaching their children how to properly behave in class nor are they encouraging positive study habits.    
A

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
#1 country in the world

USA USA USA

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
agree with him, or disagree with him...

Is this the temperament of a dude that can win the white house? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
agree with him, or disagree with him...

Is this the temperament of a dude that can win the white house? 

Better to have a smoothe  talking liar and communist traitor like who you voted for 2x over right? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Better to have a smoothe  talking liar and communist traitor like who you voted for 2x over right? 

no, it's better to have a republican candidate that doesn't offend 75% of the population, so that hilary can be defeated.

It's not like Christie is easy on the eyes.  Add his penchant for kissing obama's ass during nasty weather the week of the elections
plus
his willingness to scream in women's faces,

and you have a guy some would call "not very electable".

I like Rand & Cruz & Perry, who haven't screamed down a female in front of cameras in recent days.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Only reason to run Christie nationally is to sound the death knell of the GOP.

It would assure a true split in the party to TEA vs what's left of the establishment repubs/neo-cons.

Then Hillary easily wins.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Running Christie really gives the GOP as many possible obstacles to overcome as possible.

Which I sure cannot understand.

He looks like shit, okay, that's a big problem.
He screams at women and has a bad temper, another bad problem.
He was obama's lapdog during Sandy, another big issue for voters.
Oh, he's really a RINO on his positions - good luck with the base.

This isn't a MOVIE where the good guy always overcomes the biggest obstacles and gets some heroic win.  It's a predictable thing... we usually know in the weeks ahead of time who will win it, thanks to advanced polling in the last few cycles.  

Repubs, STOP putting up the man/woman with the most baggage because "I just know we can do it!"

Put up a person that looks the part, acts the part, has solid conservative record, and let them win the damn job.  All this "voters will look past romney's anti-gun this and mccain's amnesty that..." just doesn't work!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
no, it's better to have a republican candidate that doesn't offend 75% of the population, so that hilary can be defeated.

It's not like Christie is easy on the eyes.  Add his penchant for kissing obama's ass during nasty weather the week of the elections
plus
his willingness to scream in women's faces,

and you have a guy some would call "not very electable".

I like Rand & Cruz & Perry, who haven't screamed down a female in front of cameras in recent days.

you mean like Ted Cruz or Rand Paul

maybe she's pissed about this
A meme on the state AFL-CIO Facebook page claims, "New Jersey's governor cut $1.6 billion from public education while handing out $2.1 billion in corporate tax breaks, more than the entire previous decade."

Christie actually cut $1 billion in state aid from education, not $1.6 billion.

As for corporate tax breaks, Christie himself has said his administration is on target to deliver $2.3 billion in benefits for business – and that’s nearly double what was handed out in tax breaks in the decade before he took office.

We rate the meme’s claim Mostly True.

http://www.politifact.com/new-jersey/statements/2013/may/23/new-jersey-state-afl-cio/afl-cio-claims-chris-christie-cut-ed-funding-16b-w/

BTW - Christie will win re-election tomorrow while the teabagger candidate in Virginia will lose

Teabagger candidate also lost to Cory Booker earlier this month

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Before we get too preachy...

Are there any repubs on getbig that truly think Christie is the #1 option to run in 2016?

Or are we all pretty much in agreement that he's a last resort choice at best?

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
The easy and most frequently used excuse for the failure of schools is the lack of funding.   As a person with some experience I can tell you the issue of funding is one of the least important concerns.  Teacher quality isn't that big of an issue either.   The most persistent issues I have encountered are disciplinary problems and the absence parental participation in the education of their child.   Parents aren't teaching their children how to properly behave in class nor are they encouraging positive study habits.    
Thank you. Somebody gets it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Thank you. Somebody gets it.

NJ schools are ranked in the top ten in the country at least according to this article

http://www.usnews.com/education/high-schools/articles/2013/04/22/how-states-compare-in-the-2013-best-high-schools-rankings

that doesn't mean that teachers can't also protest having their funding cut by a billion dollars

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
All the countries that beat the US academically spend more money per-student than we do, right?

It's simply a money issue.  We just don't spend as much on education as all the countries beating us academically.
Y