Author Topic: Should I be offended?  (Read 4067 times)

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
Re: Should I be offended?
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 09:12:21 AM »
You may be right about us civilians not being able to relate, but we still care. My son-in-law has some issues with PTSD after four deployments. He also suffers migraine headaches following being exposed to an IED explosion. He was also fortunate to be sleeping when the mess tent in Iraq was blown up, otherwise he could have died. Instead he helped with the clean up after the explosion. These are things that stay in your mind forever. Imagine seeing your buddies' body parts spewed all over the place inside that tent. Not a memory anyone wants to have nor one that is easy to forget.

trust me when I say the sight of it is definitely bad, but you will NEVER forget the smell of the dead.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2013, 12:15:35 PM »
trust me when I say the sight of it is definitely bad, but you will NEVER forget the smell of the dead.

^^
TRUTH!!!  I saw many mass graves, in Croatia and Bosnia- we used to use VICKS menthol gel in our nose, and if e didn't have that we used to use Cigarettes cut into 1/4 pieces, one in each nostril to "filter" the stench.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2013, 04:45:12 PM »
i know the kind your talking about. people like that are trash from the begining. the experience gives them an ego, and an excuse..there is nothing wrong with those types. just a defective human being from the start who gives the rest of us a bad name..

bench

they screen for psychopaths, but I guess its what they do with them once they discover them.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2013, 05:42:54 PM »
I'm a little late to this gathering. 

First and foremost...thank you for your service and welcome home (I did Desert Storm  3rd ACR)

Don't be offended...even if the military doc cleared you, it is my understanding that PTSD can manifest itself long after the event...the human mind is a funny thing sometimes

But you should, as a matter of protocol, ask the doctor, "Do you even lift??"

~

MikMaq

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2013, 06:02:02 PM »
I was cleared my a military psychiatrist. He is only a general practice. My dreams may make me jump but I don't wake up sweating or keep a knife under my pillow and shit. Not like you see in the movies. I had 2 concussions before deployment playing rugby so its not like physical injuries automatically dictate I have mental health issues.

You sound like your falling into the a trapping of denial. Either I'm a textbook case, or I'm perfectly fine. I fell into the same trap for years with ASD, it's never a clear cut issue with mental health, which is why you should never ever place too much importance on one psychiatrist

I think he just refuses to believe that not every soldier that comes back has issues.
Everyone has mental health issues. The human brain is a imperfect machine meaning near everyone will face direct limitation due to the methods you use to fine tune it.
if anything maybe I'm sociopathic since I'm pretty cold to the fact of what I had to do as part of my duty. I don't feel shit but recoil when killing one of those mother fuckers shooting at me and my brothers.  ;D

It's not likely your a sociopath otherwise you likely would of never started the thread in the first place.

Cashfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2013, 06:36:28 PM »
Medic at the  Air Force Theater Hospital, Balad AFB/LSA Anaconda.  Still can't stand the smell of pork on the BBQ.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2013, 07:05:50 PM »
Medic at the  Air Force Theater Hospital, Balad AFB/LSA Anaconda.  Still can't stand the smell of pork on the BBQ.

Burn wards stink Army Medic here.....

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2013, 07:13:28 PM »
You have the right to be offended if it was meant to be seen by you, which it wasn't. Best wishes for resolving any issues you may have though.
follow the arrows

Cashfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2013, 07:13:32 PM »
Burn wards stink Army Medic here.....
Nothing like working all day surrounded by stink and pain with a sweaty ass crack.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2013, 08:55:36 PM »

Smells and sounds tend to stay

Bench

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2013, 10:48:36 AM »
^^
TRUTH!!!  I saw many mass graves, in Croatia and Bosnia- we used to use VICKS menthol gel in our nose, and if e didn't have that we used to use Cigarettes cut into 1/4 pieces, one in each nostril to "filter" the stench.

HA! Vicks is a friend for sure. We even used it when going into the town markets ..animals & sewage everywhere and the people DO NOT use deodorant. Just smelly pits and ass everywhere especially by days in when everything and everyone had been marinating in the sun