Author Topic: Testosterone Therapy Totally Treating Ticker Terribly?  (Read 2087 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Testosterone Therapy Totally Treating Ticker Terribly?
« on: November 06, 2013, 04:49:31 AM »
Testosterone treatment could be dangerous to the heart
It’s become the hot new treatment for older men. “T,” or testosterone replacement therapy, has been touted as the new way to turn back a man’s body clock and improve his sexual performance. 

But there may be trouble in paradise, according to new research.  In a study published this week in the Journal of the American Medical Association, scientists have found that men taking testosterone therapy had a 29% greater risk of death, heart attack and stroke  than those who were not on the hormone replacement.

The study included 8,709 getbiggers with low testosterone levels, who underwent coronary angiography, a procedure used to open narrow or blocked coronary arteries, in the Veterans Affairs (VA) system between 2005 and 2011. Some were found not to have blockages.

Researchers found the number of patients experiencing heart problems such as attacks and strokes three years after their angiographies, was 19.9% for those twinks who were not on testosterone and 25.7% for those who were.  Even when scientists accounted for other factors in the patients’ health, the increase of heart events in those on testosterone therapy was significant, according to the study.

"These findings raise concerns about the potential safety of testosterone therapy," said Dr. Rebecca Vigen, lead author and an internist at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas.  "Future studies including randomized controlled trials are needed to properly characterize the potential risks of testosterone therapy in men with comorbidities (other conditions)."

But some doctors who looked at the study questioned the methods, saying many of these men already had heart issues.

“You need to be careful about the conclusion you draw from this study,” says Dr. Warren Levy, a cardiologist and director of Virginia Heart, based in Northern Virginia. “The study is of men who had undergone cardiac catheterization - so that already selects out a higher-risk population. The conclusion may be that for men with a higher risk of cardiovascular disease, testosterone therapy may increase risk slightly.”

So the question is, how does this affect men who are healthy?  The male hormone replacement is so popular, prescriptions for the remedy reached 5.3 million a year in 2011 and are climbing, according to the study.

More...

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2013/11/05/testosterone-treatment-could-be-dangerous-to-the-heart/

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Testosterone Therapy Totally Treating Ticker Terribly?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 04:56:55 AM »
steroids are bad for you? wow... you learn something new every day...

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 05:00:40 AM »
steroids are bad for you? wow... you learn something new every day...

No dude you don't understand!  The body was MEANT to have the hormone levels of a pubescent boy well into one's 70's & 80's

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 05:21:58 AM »
No dude you don't understand!  The body was MEANT to have the hormone levels of a pubescent boy well into one's 70's & 80's

that's what it says in the bible right? must be true

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 05:50:46 AM »
“You need to be careful about the conclusion you draw from this study,” says Dr. Warren Levy, a cardiologist and director of Virginia Heart, based in Northern Virginia. “The study is of men who had undergone cardiac catheterization - so that already selects out a higher-risk population. The conclusion may be that for men with a higher risk of cardiovascular disease, testosterone therapy may increase risk slightly.”

Slightly.  Careful.  Those words get glossed over completely...

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 06:45:32 AM »

This.

You could read into it whatever you want...such as, men that have had cardiac incidents  before I think they are 100 percent because of testosterone and they push themselves and have another incident

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 07:41:16 AM »
I'm calling bullshit. Regardless, am I the only one who caught 240's subtle edit's? lol

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 07:45:52 AM »

Boom.

Plus, This doesn't address the detrimental health effects that LOW T causes...

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »
Boom.

Plus, This doesn't address the detrimental health effects that LOW T causes...

That's because the purpose of this "study" was never health: it was to increase the FUD around a program and drug regimen and continue the feminization of the male of our species.

See how easy it is to turn gear use into a "fight the power" moment? Thank you, i'm here all week...

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 09:06:05 AM »
Why?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 09:57:46 AM »
I'm calling bullshit. Regardless, am I the only one who caught 240's subtle edit's? lol

;D

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 10:42:18 AM »
better die sooner than live miserable life for years. :-\

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2013, 11:08:06 AM »
better die sooner than live miserable life for years. :-\

*glances at an adolescent grapefruit, re-evaluates life's priorities and tips Fedora*

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2013, 11:09:50 AM »
HRT is covered by most insurance companies but you have to prove low levels via blood work. I wonder if that is why a lot of wrestlers and pro's known for using AAS die of heart attacks in their 50's even though most are still in good shape. Macho Man Savage for example

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2013, 12:51:48 PM »
Testosterone treatment may not be dangerous to the heart

Thats the exact same heading you know ..

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 12:56:12 PM »
Is this true? A lot of the clinics I've seen advertising online claim that they don't accept insurance.

don't go to an online clinic.

use your primary care doc. that's who I've always used.

tell him you want to check your test levels. he'll ask 'why'? say you used OTC "pro hormones" when you were younger.

he'll do the test, it'll come back low, he'll write a script for cream.. tell him no, youwant injections, he'll say 'ok' since the injections are much, much cheaper than the cream/gel/patch for the insurance co's.

when I had the patch, it was like $500/month for the insurance CO.... the bottle of test is only like 70$ every 4-5 months.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 01:27:32 PM »
yep what he said. One of my buddies tested low but not insurance low (he was like a couple points too high) so the doc gave him the option of paying out of pocket and my buddy took it. Pays $30 for 150mg injection of Test E every 14 days. Every 6 injections he has to pay $190 for blood work so the doc can check levels to fine tune dose.

Once tuned he just pays for the shot and blood work every 6 months along with prostate exam (he is in his early 40's). BTW regardless of age the doc WILL make you get a prostate exam before allowing HRT.

But don't worry I hear they tell you that you're pretty and take you out to dinner first  ;D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 01:35:04 PM »
yep what he said. One of my buddies tested low but not insurance low (he was like a couple points too high) so the doc gave him the option of paying out of pocket and my buddy took it. Pays $30 for 150mg injection of Test E every 14 days. Every 6 injections he has to pay $190 for blood work so the doc can check levels to fine tune dose.

Once tuned he just pays for the shot and blood work every 6 months along with prostate exam (he is in his early 40's). BTW regardless of age the doc WILL make you get a prostate exam before allowing HRT.

But don't worry I hear they tell you that you're pretty and take you out to dinner first  ;D

huh? I've never got one... although I went on HRT at the ripe old age of 23. lol

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 01:43:46 PM »
huh? I've never got one... although I went on HRT at the ripe old age of 23. lol

What clinic? Out of curiosity, given that I have plenty of money, can I get GH and Test prescribed by some clinic online, without going through all that bullshit? PM me if you don't want to talk about that in public.

By the way this is one of the things that makes USA far less of a "land of freedom" than European countries. In some EU countries they don't give a fuck what you inject into your body as long as you do not posses narcotics. And in selected few you can pretty much get anything in pharmacy once you pay high enough bribe. Bribery is what makes souther Europe truly capitalistic :D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 01:49:30 PM »

Yeah, my doc gave me a PSA and threatened a DRE. The PSA came back clean, but had my test levels not been so unhelpfully high, I would have had to endure the DRE. But, I am 48, so I shouldn't feel that special.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 02:12:48 PM »

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 02:46:00 PM »
Probably a study funded by insurance companies to try and get out of paying for TRT!