Author Topic: Nasser Memorial. Remember one of the greatest friend I ever had.  (Read 6760 times)

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
Re: Nasser Memorial. Remember one of the greatest friend I ever had.
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2013, 05:10:37 AM »
It was Nasser's birthday 3 weeks ago. He passed just a little over 6 months ago. I miss him very much. He was a great human being. He first inspired me to bodybuild over 22 years ago and more importantly the last 5 years inspired me to be a better human being and a free thinker who can look beyond what is forced in front of our eyes.

From visiting my home from time to time, just because just to enjoy spending time the four of us, to sharing great bodybuilding anecdotes and copious meals, I'm grateful that we became friends, not ashamed to say looking back to 1992, he was like a superhero to me, larger than life. But his spirits, his individuality and philosophy is what I cherish the most.

GodSpeed Nasser, you are missed. A true mentor, a friend, a role model to all of us.
Good post man, R.I.P. Huge Nasser, always remembered...and good to see you back Big King.
H

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2013, 05:10:55 AM »
We humans are imperfect. Some of you other imperfect ones expect too much of those who have nearly achieved perfection. It is sad that in remembrance you cannot be generous enough to cut those who have passed some slack. Nasser was no god, but a lot of folks genuinely admired him and respected him. If you don't, that's your prerogative. Why can't you just then shut he fuck up with you negative posts about him then?
Hmm. Angry post. Not sure on your Getbig debut, but perhaps you missed all the Team Nasser 'praising-him-to-the-sky-like-he's-the-second-messiah' stuff' - that went on for years, with Nasser's implicit consent. I'm the last one one to piss on another man's grave, but I will give an honest assessment. Sure, we're all imperfect - that's a given, but we all don't don't Huge Nasser ourselves six-feet under, accompanied by a cheering section. You want to re-write history? That's fine. Just expect to be called on it.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2013, 05:21:38 AM »
How many of these ridiculous Nasser "group hug" threads are we going to have here?

Nasser was a drug addict.  He died of his own stupidity and self-abuse.  He did many nefarious things later in life to survive and make money.  For the last 10 years of his life he was basically a scrub and a loser.  I lived in San Diego for many years and witnessed many of these things first hand.  

Most of you have no fucking clue.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2013, 06:21:23 AM »
Hey Alex

What was the cause of death?
 :o

Nasser  ???

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2013, 06:46:26 AM »
How many of these ridiculous Nasser "group hug" threads are we going to have here?

Nasser was a drug addict.  He died of his own stupidity and self-abuse.  He did many nefarious things later in life to survive and make money.  For the last 10 years of his life he was basically a scrub and a loser.  I lived in San Diego for many years and witnessed many of these things first hand.  

enlighten us then

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2013, 07:05:07 AM »

Basically this, Nasser was Derek Anderson but with better genetics for bodybuilding

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2013, 04:20:57 PM »
Good post man, R.I.P. Huge Nasser, always remembered...and good to see you back Big King.

You have many fond memories of time spent with your friend. I hope you have no regrets. Life moves us in strange ways. Hold on to all those good times you shared with your friend. He lives now in your memories. Those memories can bring you much comfort.

As an old man, there have been a lot of people I loved who have passed before me. This is what happens when you live a long time. The best way to remember and honor your friends and family who have passed is to remember all the best times you shared with them.

Thanks guys, great posts much appreciated. Nasser enjoyed getbig which he qualified as the Victorian Circus of bodybuilding. Contrary to many false rumors he was always an observer. The most interesting characteristic about him was his consistency; moral and physical, which most likely contributed to him being a tier one competitor for so many years. Nasser was too smart for bodybuilding but had the incredible genetics, that talent that can't be ignored. Remember that 15 years ago things were different and the consequences weren't as well known as they are now. The recognition was also different; now nobody gives a shit; I don't who half of these new guys are but back then, it was still the golden age.

On a personal level, I had the opportunity to gain his respect and had honest conversations about pretty much everything he had a view on which was literally universal :).

GodSpeed to him. 
®

ultrafuelmuscle

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Team Alex23 RIP Nasser el Sonbaty never forgotten
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2013, 05:41:55 PM »
We will never forget Nasser el Sonbaty (At least 3x uncrowned Mr Olympia)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2013, 05:46:39 PM »
   RIP

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2013, 05:50:29 PM »
Alex, there were rumors that you were basically paying for Nassers company.  Speak on this.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2013, 05:52:32 PM »
Alex, there were rumors that you were basically paying for Nassers company.  Speak on this.

Shockwave, there are rumors that you basically have to pay to have anyone's company. Speak on this.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2013, 05:54:45 PM »
what happened to the remaining apparel items in his online shop?  are they destined for a shrine somewhere ?  

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2013, 05:58:00 PM »
Shockwave, there are rumors that you basically have to pay to have anyone's company. Speak on this.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2013, 06:46:19 PM »
Bahaha.....

Still in denial that most men have taken another mans cock?

Thought so.....

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2013, 08:49:31 PM »
Bahaha.....

Still in denial that most men have taken another mans cock?

Thought so.....

That's usually my stance. I am surprised to see you post this. I believe many men have had a homosexual experience but not most.

I don't believe I am in denial about anything except my incredibly handsome looks and the fact that I am not as wealthy as I would like to be.  :)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2013, 09:01:02 PM »
That's usually my stance. I am surprised to see you post this. I believe many men have had a homosexual experience but not most.

I don't believe I am in denial about anything except my incredibly handsome looks and the fact that I am not as wealthy as I would like to be.  :)
.......well fair enough. For some reason I thought you argued in another thread that the majority of men had homosexual encounters.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »
.......well fair enough. For some reason I thought you argued in another thread that the majority of men had homosexual encounters.

Of course the various sources which claim to have studied this situation don't all agree on an exact percentage. I read somewhere that it was one in six men. I have not seen a study about lesbian activity. Clearly this isn't consistent with the proposition that it is most or the majority, some is a broader term which better fits. If I posted that it was the majority of men, it was an error.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2013, 08:19:26 AM »
what happened to the remaining apparel items in his online shop?  are they destined for a shrine somewhere ?  

good and relevant question

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2013, 09:40:28 AM »

No there isn't ??? He asked a valid question.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2013, 03:10:52 PM »

lol wtf!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2013, 03:11:39 PM »
 WITF?!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2013, 04:48:57 PM »
lol wtf!

I wasn't writing in a foreign language. It's shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2013, 05:17:23 PM »
 WITF?!

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2013, 05:42:12 PM »
I wasn't writing in a foreign language. It's shouldn't be that hard to comprehend.

its not

just no need to turn this into an undercover kiss and tell.

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2013, 08:47:46 PM »
I met nasser twice at the fibo in Germany, bought him nasser on the way and a signed pic.
Nasser was a cool guy, smart, and he remember me the second year i met him.
asstropin