Author Topic: Nasser Memorial. Remember one of the greatest friend I ever had.  (Read 6726 times)

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
It was Nasser's birthday 3 weeks ago. He passed just a little over 6 months ago. I miss him very much. He was a great human being. He first inspired me to bodybuild over 22 years ago and more importantly the last 5 years inspired me to be a better human being and a free thinker who can look beyond what is forced in front of our eyes.

From visiting my home from time to time, just because just to enjoy spending time the four of us, to sharing great bodybuilding anecdotes and copious meals, I'm grateful that we became friends, not ashamed to say looking back to 1992, he was like a superhero to me, larger than life. But his spirits, his individuality and philosophy is what I cherish the most.

GodSpeed Nasser, you are missed. A true mentor, a friend, a role model to all of us.
®

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Nasser Memorial. Remember one of the greatest friend I ever had.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:58:05 PM »
It was Nasser's birthday 3 weeks ago. He passed just a little over 6 months ago. I miss him very much. He was a great human being. He first inspired me to bodybuild over 22 years ago and more importantly the last 5 years inspired me to be a better human being and a free thinker who can look beyond what is forced in front of our eyes.

From visiting my home from time to time, just because just to enjoy spending time the four of us, to sharing great bodybuilding anecdotes and copious meals, I'm grateful that we became friends, not ashamed to say looking back to 1992, he was like a superhero to me, larger than life. But his spirits, his individuality and philosophy is what I cherish the most.

GodSpeed Nasser, you are missed. A true mentor, a friend, a role model to all of us.

Nice remembrance. No doubt he deserves your appreciation and love of the friendship you shared. Never let that go.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 07:59:09 PM »
*fartz*

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:00:30 PM »

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »
Nice remembrance. No doubt he deserves your appreciation and love of the friendship you shared. Never let that go.

Thanks old man. Means a lot. I was just in portland last week (beaverton). Love your state. nice people, cool gun laws, great view. an oasis of the northwest.
®

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »
Thanks old man. Means a lot. I was just in portland last week (beaverton). Love your state. nice people, cool gun laws, great view. an oasis of the northwest.
i got him beat...i just started to go night hunting with a suppressed sbr, and night vision before the rain started lol

bench

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 08:20:58 PM »

Glad you had a good visit. I wouldn't exactly say Beaverton is the hallmark of our town though. It is kind of like suburbia anywhere....ticky tacky little boxes for houses, too much traffic, and a lot of strip malls.

It was foggy and raining all day today. I am sure those filming Grimm got some excellent shots.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 08:32:21 PM »
Sorry you lost such a dear friend Alex. RIP Nasser

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 09:54:14 PM »

Good stuff bro.

Who's "the four of us" though?

Alex, mrs Alex, Nasser, and Big Bobs ???

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 10:11:39 PM »
Sucks to lose a friend.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls......

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 10:26:40 PM »
Nasser was the man

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2013, 11:00:27 PM »
Sucks to lose a friend.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls......

I've always wanted to though.  BONG.  Hey, who's that bell tolling for?

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 12:11:37 AM »
Pity it wasnt you who died you fat pathetic alcoholic

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 01:32:52 AM »
Pity it wasnt you who died you fat pathetic alcoholic

Didnt he cut down?

Mazda323

• Getbig III
  • Guardian Angel
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 01:42:41 AM »
Nasser was a great character, very educated, great athlete and a nice person.

You are very lucky that you were friends!!!

RIP Nasser

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 02:36:49 AM »
RIP

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 02:42:34 AM »
i got him beat...i just started to go night hunting with a suppressed sbr, and night vision before the rain started lol

bench
A suppressed SBR? In the US? What state is THAT? Be careful, hombre. If the local PD sees you all high speed/low drag out hunting, they're gonna bring in their SWAT team and tank.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 02:45:14 AM »
TeamA23  8)
T

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 02:49:09 AM »
The greatest combination of muscle mass, intelligence and humor ever in a human being.

RIP Nasser.

A

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 03:02:19 AM »
A thread memorial from someone who coveted and then paid for said 'friend'-ship!? Oh brother.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 03:17:05 AM »
A thread memorial from someone who coveted and then paid for said 'friend'-ship!? Oh brother.

::)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 04:19:35 AM »
nasser was much cooler and more intellectual than those 'black' bodybuilders thats for sure

rip nasser neegurs  :'(
A

Tony Doherty

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • Pro Promoter
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 04:36:46 AM »
Alex, don't know if you saw my Nasser story from my thread at the top of the page. Any way here it is.

On tour with Nasser late 90s.

Nasser was a great guest and very funny even if it was at the expense of everyone else. He hung shit on just about every other pro and although it could seem he was full of hate, a lot of it was tongue in cheek. He would would tell the most incredible and unbelievable stories of the other pros. Sometimes I think he would just see how far he could go before you knew he was bullshitting.

He also had a kind side that he didn't like anyone to see. We went to this restaurant on Sydney Road one night, it was Nepalese from memory and a family was working very hard to keep the doors open. They had the Dad cooking, the Mum serving and a few little kids out the back on broken furniture and on the floor watching a tiny little TV. You could see they were doing it hard and basically had nothing. When we were leaving Nasser said he had forgotten something and went back inside. I watched through the window as he handed over a couple of hundred bucks to the Mum. He came outside and never said a word about it. I thought that showed a lot of class.

Another time in a different restaurant, much more upmarket, we got really bad service. One of us complained when the food came out cold or undercooked or something. Nasser quickly paid the bill and said we are leaving, convinced that chefs spit in your food if ever you complain. With a dead pan, straight face, he warned me to always leave a restaurant in this situation, no exceptions.

On one tour, we had had quite a few bottles of beer on the last night, we had an early start and I dropped him off at the hotel late in the night. After a few hours I returned to get him to the airport. I was exhausted, hungover and just made it out of bed. There he was as fresh as could be, no hangover, all packed up and waiting at the front. When we got to the airport he handed me a big envelope full of 8 X 10 pictures that he had been selling on the tour. He had stayed up and signed every one of them, maybe 50-60. Some he even had left a message like, "Train Hard ............. Your friend, Nasser" leaving blank spaces for their names. When I asked him what they were for, he said "please give them out to the fans that coould not afford to come to the show"

He could be cutting with his opinions and stories but then had this kindness that I have seldom seen.

RIP Nasser.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 04:38:51 AM »

[/quote

It's really tough losing a close friend,.
Great words of tribute.
Any tales / stories you would like to share with us,
or words of wisdom from Nasser.  R.I.P