Author Topic: Dorian Yates - I've never seen this pic before.  (Read 2653 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Dorian Yates - I've never seen this pic before.
« on: November 07, 2013, 11:03:31 AM »

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Dorian Yates - I've never seen this pic before.
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:11:33 AM »
Never seen that pic, thanks for sharing..If you find any never before seen Vince Basile photos during his competitive career, please share those too...

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 11:16:36 AM »
 I always thought Dorian showed class by alowing Mentzer to claim he trained him.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »
Here's an enhanced version:

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 11:19:17 AM »
I always thought Dorian showed class by alowing Mentzer to claim he trained him.

;D

May Mentzer's ghost pay you a visit.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 11:31:58 AM »
Mentzer had a impact on Dorian what was the result?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 11:33:00 AM »
he got bigger

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 11:37:18 AM »
Big Mike rocking the pedo stache, coke bottle glasses and velcro sneaks. Quite the snappy dresser.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 11:41:19 AM »
Mentzer had a impact on Dorian what was the result?

torn muscles

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 12:19:02 PM »
I've seen it before - it was published in Flex magazine donkeys years ago.

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 01:00:55 PM »
Death Face

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 01:51:06 PM »
he got bigger
Pretty sure the insane amounts of GH and androgens had nothing to do with it.

dorian trained nothing like Mentzer advocated, really, and surely didnt diet anything like him.

plus Yates built the majority of his muscles with volume. ... and he used way, way more volume than mentzer wanted.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 01:55:15 PM »
Pretty sure the insane amounts of GH and androgens had nothing to do with it.

dorian trained nothing like Mentzer advocated, really, and surely didnt diet anything like him.

plus Yates built the majority of his muscles with volume. ... and he used way, way more volume than mentzer wanted.

So all the books and workouts posted by Dorian are bullshit? Maybe he did 45-50 sets of light weights to get to win all those O's just checking.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 02:03:51 PM »
So all the books and workouts posted by Dorian are bullshit? Maybe he did 45-50 sets of light weights to get to win all those O's just checking.
no, he trained in between. Mentzer wanted him to do 1 set.  Watch blood and guts, hes doing a helluva lot more than a couple super heavy reps for one set

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 02:35:38 PM »
no, he trained in between. Mentzer wanted him to do 1 set.  Watch blood and guts, hes doing a helluva lot more than a couple super heavy reps for one set

They are warm ups you stupid know-all fuck. He doesn't goto failure on those (1-3 sets). Just because its heavy to you doesn't mean its heavy to him.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »
They are warm ups you stupid know-all fuck. He doesn't goto failure on those (1-3 sets). Just because its heavy to you doesn't mean its heavy to him.
im well aware. He still did much more volume than mentzer advocated, yates said it himself you stupid know all fuck. ::)

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 02:50:17 PM »
im well aware. He still did much more volume than mentzer advocated, yates said it himself you stupid know all fuck. ::)

This.

In fact, Mentzer apparently wanted Dorian to do only one exercise for back - reverse grip pulldowns. Dorian thought it was insufficient and refused.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 03:28:07 PM »
Dorian's training was almost identical to Mentzer's. The difference would be Mike did several warmups typically on the first exercise, then not so much on subsequent exercises- unless it was Squats, deads or power cleans. Mike often trained 3 but no more than 4 days a week. Mentzer trained volume until age 19- about 7 years. He did Jones style after. Dorian did Mentzer style stuff throughout his career. Note- I didn't say later Mentzer stufff. Which became far different after 91-92. I was a client, so I know that in 91 it was 2 days on 1 off, 2 on. 2 off. 2 to 6 sets per body part, to failure AFTER a couple or so warmup sets.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 03:48:20 PM »

He was warming up prior to one set to failure. If he is doing inclines with over 405lbs there is no way he could do that with a warm up. They are not to failure. Is there anyone who does one set of an exercise without warming up? When he did inclines in his warm ups was something like 135, 225 and 315. All stopped prior to any real fatigue.  Then he would do his real set. Some smaller body parts got no warm ups.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 03:53:45 PM »
Heavy Duty Burn out

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 04:33:57 PM »

He was warming up prior to one set to failure. If he is doing inclines with over 405lbs there is no way he could do that with a warm up. They are not to failure. Is there anyone who does one set of an exercise without warming up? When he did inclines in his warm ups was something like 135, 225 and 315. All stopped prior to any real fatigue.  Then he would do his real set. Some smaller body parts got no warm ups.
read above,  I was stating that he was doing much more than mentzer wanted him to do, straight from yates mouth.  And I know he doesnt count his warmups, but im pretty sure 315 for 8 is going to stimulate the muscle when your work set is 405 for 4-6.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 06:56:54 PM »
Even i think Dorian would probably say something to credit with Oldtimer, but fuck him, Dorian was the best...Dorian, you shut a lot of mouths, and set the record straight...More power to you as a fan of what you believed, and your physique...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 07:10:38 PM »
High intensity training can be used to maintain muscle size however it is too dangerous to use to grow. Injuries must be avoided at all costs in bodybuilding.

The typical formula for huge size is volume with a reasonable resistance. That was true 40 years ago and is true today.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 09:22:37 PM »
Dorian's training was almost identical to Mentzer's. The difference would be Mike did several warmups typically on the first exercise, then not so much on subsequent exercises- unless it was Squats, deads or power cleans. Mike often trained 3 but no more than 4 days a week. Mentzer trained volume until age 19- about 7 years. He did Jones style after. Dorian did Mentzer style stuff throughout his career. Note- I didn't say later Mentzer stufff. Which became far different after 91-92. I was a client, so I know that in 91 it was 2 days on 1 off, 2 on. 2 off. 2 to 6 sets per body part, to failure AFTER a couple or so warmup sets.

was that done on a 2-way split?

his split when he was training himself was chest/tri/leg one day and then back/delt/bi the other day

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 09:26:12 PM »
was that done on a 2-way split?

his split when he was training himself was chest/tri/leg one day and then back/delt/bi the other day
are you talking about yates or mentzer?