Author Topic: FDA goes after trans fats  (Read 1733 times)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
FDA goes after trans fats
« on: November 07, 2013, 03:39:08 PM »
Fuck your freedom and right to make choices, the government will dictate whats best for you.

The Food and Drug Administration on Thursday took a first step toward potentially eliminating most trans fat from the food supply, saying it has made a preliminary determination that a major source of trans fats -- partially hydrogenated oils -- is no longer "generally recognized as safe."
If the preliminary determination is finalized, according to the FDA, then partially hydrogenated oils will become food additives that could not be used in food without approval. Foods with unapproved additives cannot legally be sold.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/health/fda-trans-fats/index.html?hpt=he_c1
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: FDA goes after trans fats
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 03:49:05 PM »
Fuck your freedom and right to make choices, the government will dictate whats best for you.

I saw this on the news about 10 seconds ago...

Fucking outrageous. ........  >:(

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
I saw this on the news about 10 seconds ago...

Fucking outrageous. ........  >:(

The nation is going the way of New York and California. This is some dystopian demolition man type shit.
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 03:53:09 PM »
The nation is going the way of New York and California. This is some dystopian demolition man type shit.

Yes, and The Running Man... Scary

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 04:46:40 PM »
Theyre trying to get DUI checkpoints passed here in WA.... seems like bullshit. ... I thought cops werent supposed to be able to just stop and essentially check you for wrongdoing without probable cause.....

along come DUI check points... oh, you look intoxicated, out of the car sir.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 05:09:21 PM »
I know a dude that was anally searched 8 times for trans fatty acids.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 02:00:39 AM »

after pushing vegetable oil poison for 50 years...

americants are so fucked

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 02:28:46 AM »
Theyre trying to get DUI checkpoints passed here in WA.... seems like bullshit. ... I thought cops werent supposed to be able to just stop and essentially check you for wrongdoing without probable cause.....

along come DUI check points... oh, you look intoxicated, out of the car sir.....

It can depend on how they're handled.

DUICP's used to be quite common in my state years ago, but I was only ever stopped once. Two cops came up to my window, looked at my DL and insurance card, talked to me for less than a minute, then thanked me and let me go one it was obvious I was sober. I suspect they were employing the use of breathalyzer-equipped flashlights, too.

They had other people driving between cones; some were outside of their cars performing other tricks that many sober people would find challenging...but, I didn't have to do any of that.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 05:29:29 AM »

It's about freaking time!!!!

Good Grief!!! If you want the freedom to kill yourselves, ...go right ahead, be my guest.
Just take a handful of rat poising if you wish, ...just don't go contaminating the food supply.

...because we all know food manufacturers would NEVER mislabel the contents of their food right? ::)  ::)
w

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 05:31:34 AM »
Did Obama hand the presidency over to Mike Bloomberg?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 06:03:07 PM »

What is your problem with this?

You dont want your kids to get old?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 06:11:54 PM »
It's about freaking time!!!!

Good Grief!!! If you want the freedom to kill yourselves, ...go right ahead, be my guest.
Just take a handful of rat poising if you wish, ...just don't go contaminating the food supply.

...because we all know food manufacturers would NEVER mislabel the contents of their food right? ::)  ::)
you really think its right to tell people what they can and cant eat? How about people are responsible for their own choices? Stop trying to legislate personal responsibility and health.... its up to the individual to decide what how he wants to live. If someone wants to be a fat piece of shit, thats their choice.... the government has no business telling people what can and cant be eaten.

about time.... give me a break.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2013, 04:29:43 AM »
you really think its right to tell people what they can and cant eat? How about people are responsible for their own choices? Stop trying to legislate personal responsibility and health.... its up to the individual to decide what how he wants to live. If someone wants to be a fat piece of shit, thats their choice.... the government has no business telling people what can and cant be eaten.

It depends on how bad transfats are for you, I guess, right?  Anyone here really know that?

Would the same people here calling for the freedom of choice (to sell foods with transfats) also be in favor of the Chinese being able to sell the USA those fake eggs, bad baby formula, and lead toothpaste?  How about if the labels accurately listed the bad ingredients (but in really small print?

Sometimes these issues are a trifle more complicated than it seems on first blush, ya know.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2013, 07:43:03 AM »

So if the companies put rat poison in the food you are okay with it ???

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 08:35:52 AM »

So if the companies put rat poison in the food you are okay with it ???
Because that's totally in the same realm. ::)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 08:39:54 AM »
It depends on how bad transfats are for you, I guess, right?  Anyone here really know that?

Would the same people here calling for the freedom of choice (to sell foods with transfats) also be in favor of the Chinese being able to sell the USA those fake eggs, bad baby formula, and lead toothpaste?  How about if the labels accurately listed the bad ingredients (but in really small print?

Sometimes these issues are a trifle more complicated than it seems on first blush, ya know.

if its shown tbat trans fata are literally some sort or poison and doesnt just make a person fat, then I would be all for banning it. But im totally against attempting to legislate health by removing "bad food choices". What a personputas in their body is their business.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 10:35:34 AM »
if its shown tbat trans fata are literally some sort or poison and doesnt just make a person fat, then I would be all for banning it. But im totally against attempting to legislate health by removing "bad food choices". What a personputas in their body is their business.

I agree.  Just as long as the person purchases their own insurance to cover problems. 

On that note.  People who are dependent on the govt should have their diets dictated to them to keep down our costs. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 10:47:16 AM »
I agree.  Just as long as the person purchases their own insurance to cover problems. 

On that note.  People who are dependent on the govt should have their diets dictated to them to keep down our costs. 
Either that or neutered after 2 years on welfare, euthanized after 5.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 10:48:50 AM »
Either that or neutered after 2 years on welfare, euthanized after 5.

Another plank for our platform in 2016.   8)

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 12:48:42 PM »
So what would be an argument from the consumer side, for keeping trans-fat?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 01:19:09 PM »

What is your problem with this?

You dont want your kids to get old?

So you actually think the government has a right to tell you what and what not to eat? It's on the parents

rachaelsnav

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 02:56:28 PM »
Vote for an incumbent and this is what you will continue to get

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 04:27:26 PM »

This seems reasonable to me, no lie. 

I have sympathy for my fellow Americans on food stamps but I would probably LOL if the cashier told the person in front of me in line, "Sorry, ma'am, but you can't use your EBT on those oreo cookies." 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 04:34:37 PM »
This seems reasonable to me, no lie. 

I have sympathy for my fellow Americans on food stamps but I would probably LOL if the cashier told the person in front of me in line, "Sorry, ma'am, but you can't use your EBT on those oreo cookies." 

I know, right?   I have thought for a long time that instead if paying farmers to not grow crops, have them grow healthy foods and create warehouses where welfare recipients "shop."  They have proven to be a financial burden on society so we should alleviate some of it. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 05:00:05 PM »
So you actually think the government has a right to tell you what and what not to eat? It's on the parents

They are not telling you you cant eat it they are telling the companies who makes the food they cant put it in their product.

If they didnt our food would be fatal to eat.