Author Topic: Ultimate pre-bed meal  (Read 3996 times)

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
Re: Ultimate pre-bed meal
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 11:15:12 PM »
Talk about dedication or a possible obsession to the bodybuilding lifestyle, I would suggest you have this down pat. My question is, is all those scoops of whey, cans full of tuna and handfuls of almonds been worth it when all is said and done?

I think it has. Reason being, I'm much more mentally focused on my goals inside and outside of the gym because of my discipline and dedication. I have also eaten virtually the same foods at the same time each day as well. Pretty sick obsession, but following a routine is much easier for me than not knowing what I will eat that day.

bic_staedtler

• Getbig IV
  • That is all.
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 11:20:32 PM »
Once upon a time, apple and scoop o' whey.

Now, cottage cheese and oatmeal and flax.  But that's breakfast too, so don't fuckin' ask me. 

Supplements are garbage.  Eat a meal.  Or six.

My latest post workout shake is made of pasteurized egg whites, skim milk, banana and some choco syrup for color.  Brilliant, cost effective and no fuckin' fillers or other protein powder bullshit.  Try it.  Like it.  Or don't.  Like I give a fuck.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 11:23:44 PM »
good answer, thanks michael!   late night discipline, i'm perfect 50% of the time... the other half, not so much!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2013, 11:25:24 PM »
just how many calories do our bodies use over the course of a nights worth of rest? Does anyone really know?  If you eat a bunch of calories prior to retiring, do those calories get used to build muscle or do they just sit there and turn into fat?

Like a lot of you, I get late night snack attacks. Like I said, I generally turn to cheese to satisfy them, but I have been known to drink a protein drink right before going to bed for the night. Lately I have been taking a more long term look at my caloric and protein intake. Maybe this is because I am not expending the calories I was a few months ago and maybe it is because we get confused as to what we need to consume in order to gain muscle.

Whether it be PED's or diet, the ultimate muscle building success comes from working out with progressively heavier resistance over a long period of time. All the shortcuts we come up with seem to have less then a lasting effect and sometimes are detrimental to our health. There has been lots of evidence to support what I am saying. And yet many of us, including me, choose to ignore this in favor of the quick fix results. How's this working out for you all?

A few cycles of D-bol and my current regime of HRT have served me well. I may not be a pro competitive bodybuilder, but I am in a hell of a lot better shape then most of my contemporaries. But then, we are talking about a lifetime commitment to hitting the gym and with only a smattering of PED's over the years.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2013, 11:30:55 PM »
I think it has. Reason being, I'm much more mentally focused on my goals inside and outside of the gym because of my discipline and dedication. I have also eaten virtually the same foods at the same time each day as well. Pretty sick obsession, but following a routine is much easier for me than not knowing what I will eat that day.

Understandably, some folks do better with a tight regime then others do. I commend you on your dedication. I could never commit to such a tight routine as you have. For me variety is my spice of life. While I do pay attention to what I eat over a 24 hour period, I don't obsess about what I eat and when I eat it. Maybe this is one of the differences between me and a successful pro bodybuilder. While I applaud those who have this level of commitment, I believe life is too short to put all my "eggs in one basket" as it were.

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2013, 11:32:18 PM »
When I'm pumping the T3  I get all kinds of late night cravings , I'll wake up hours after being asleep and stumble to the kitchen chug some milk eat a cookie or a few jumbo bites of dinner left covers .... a lot of times my bed time meal is 2 cups of braums high protein milk "13g" per cup and dino bites , generic fruity pebbles

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 11:35:54 PM »
If it's a Sunday night pre-bed cheat meal, than nothing beats a large cheese pizza and a dozen original glazed krispy kreme donuts.

Bastard!
A

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 11:38:17 PM »
Not too sure. If anything, I think it is more of a mental thing. I am very routine with how I eat, each and every day. Because of this I manage to stay leaner than a normal natty would. I look at it from the standpoint that this is one of the extremes i need to go to in order to have a respectable physique.

Natty's need more discipline and self-control to stay lean.

The enhanced can just up the dosage of t3, dnp, or clen and eat pizzas and donuts every once in while.

Natty's with great physiques are often mental... ocd to an extreme.
A

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 11:42:58 PM »
just how many calories do our bodies use over the course of a nights worth of rest? Does anyone really know?  If you eat a bunch of calories prior to retiring, do those calories get used to build muscle or do they just sit there and turn into fat?

Like a lot of you, I get late night snack attacks. Like I said, I generally turn to cheese to satisfy them, but I have been known to drink a protein drink right before going to bed for the night. Lately I have been taking a more long term look at my caloric and protein intake. Maybe this is because I am not expending the calories I was a few months ago and maybe it is because we get confused as to what we need to consume in order to gain muscle.

Whether it be PED's or diet, the ultimate muscle building success comes from working out with progressively heavier resistance over a long period of time. All the shortcuts we come up with seem to have less then a lasting effect and sometimes are detrimental to our health. There has been lots of evidence to support what I am saying. And yet many of us, including me, choose to ignore this in favor of the quick fix results. How's this working out for you all?

A few cycles of D-bol and my current regime of HRT have served me well. I may not be a pro competitive bodybuilder, but I am in a hell of a lot better shape then most of my contemporaries. But then, we are talking about a lifetime commitment to hitting the gym and with only a smattering of PED's over the years.

I'm not to sure about the specifics as it relates to calories burned during sleep/rest, however I can't imagine eating high gi/sugary packed carbs before bed would do one any good. Better to keep insulin levels low and steady while inactive. Just what I've read, but every persons body is different.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 11:45:04 PM »
I'm not to sure about the specifics as it relates to calories burned during sleep/rest, however I can't imagine eating high gi/sugary packed carbs before bed would do one any good. Better to keep insulin levels low and steady while inactive. Just what I've read, but every persons body is different.

Great post.

There is a lot of armchair advice here, but the bottom line it to know what your body needs to be healthy and if you desire this, to grow.

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2013, 11:47:31 PM »

The enhanced can just up the dosage of t3, dnp, or clen and eat pizzas and donuts every once in while.

I agree with this 100% as it relates to naturals with good physiques having a few screws loose. Certain aspects of my life have suffered greatly because of my obsession with my diet and training. I don't compete, nor do I have plans to do so, yet i continue to do it.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2013, 11:53:43 PM »
I agree with this 100% as it relates to naturals with good physiques having a few screws loose. Certain aspects of my life have suffered greatly because of my obsession with my diet and training. I don't compete, nor do I have plans to do so, yet i continue to do it.

Do you think it's healthy being natural? I've never used AAS or GH but I plan on it. I just don't believe the human body was meant to be put through this kind of stress for very long. Pretty soon wear and tear turns into injuries that take over. I want longevity in this and imo i think peds will help with that.
A

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2013, 12:07:18 AM »
Do you think it's healthy being natural? I've never used AAS or GH but I plan on it. I just don't believe the human body was meant to be put through this kind of stress for very long. Pretty soon wear and tear turns into injuries that take over. I want longevity in this and imo i think peds will help with that.

I think natural bodybuilding can be healthy if done in moderation. Too much of an obsession with anything has its negatives. I'm not just talking physically, but mentally as well. The body most definitely is not meant to handle the stress that an avid weightlifter/bodybuilder puts on it. I believe that PED's such as TRT/HGH can be effective once a person reaches an age when their body is no longer producing what it once was. To each his own. My philosophy on steroid use has always been.... Do the positives outweigh the negatives? If you want to get on PED's for longevity and you are a young man to begin with,  you might be wandering down a slippery slope.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2013, 12:11:49 AM »

I am no expert. I suspect our body's are able to endure a lot of crap and come out just fine. I have no experience with GH at this point. I do have experience with what I believe was sensible use of AAS. AAS and currently HRT have been very beneficial to my overall good health over the years. My opinion, which is based solely on my personal experience, is that taken in moderation, AAS and HRT have helped me become the man I hoped to be in the physical sense.

Longevity is based on many factors. At the ripe old age of 69, living a long and healthy life is a major concern. I have thus far overcome a raft of issues with cancer which took out my predecessors a long time ago and when they were years younger then I am.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2013, 12:19:23 AM »
A Galaxy burger before bed for me.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2013, 04:04:12 AM »
Adrianna Lima's asshole.
$

chess315

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2013, 04:08:03 AM »
doughnuts or cupcakes with milk or cottage cheese more i wake up in the middle of the night i have tried to cut out just food but honestly i dont notice any differene eat 1500-2000 healthy calories get the rest from junk food

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2013, 05:03:52 AM »
ideal? 3 scoops whey in milk.

real food? milk and peanut butter sandwhich - non insulin nights.

and 4 eggos with cinnamon and sugar with syrup, and milk.. - on insulin nights.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2013, 05:08:40 AM »
In my younger days it would be the pussies of whores. But now it is just a cup of cottage cheese and some raw mixed nuts.

Tell your man to work on those thighs if you don't like the cottage cheese.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2013, 07:09:40 AM »
Pussy

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2013, 07:53:13 AM »

Yep, spot on.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2013, 08:03:49 AM »
fuck marinade I do straight seasoning , but yes you are correct fajitas is only skirt steak which was considered scraps until the white folks were introduced to it .... I remember when it was around a dollar a pound but show whites Mexican food and the demand goes up and now its about 6 bucks a pound unless you know of a good carneceria . And there's no such thing as an authentic chimichanga, that's another whitie adaptation also ADVOCADOS where great until Michael Phelps and subway let the secret out......... lol
I go through a lot of skirt steak and still pay $1/lbs or less..probably purely an area thing

I don't eat a lot of avacados..if I eat too many they make my face itch

Bench

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2013, 09:54:20 AM »
A glass of milk.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2013, 01:25:22 PM »
Falcon does not approve.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2013, 01:36:52 PM »