Author Topic: Black movies and the phrase "Oh, hell no"  (Read 1868 times)

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Black movies and the phrase "Oh, hell no"
« on: November 07, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »
I'm still waiting to see a black centric movie that doesn't have someone saying "Oh, hell no" in it at some point.  Did this phrase do well with focus groups or something?  I'm not understanding why movie makers still think this is so funny.   

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Black movies and the phrase "Oh, hell no"
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 12:26:38 AM »

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 01:32:08 AM »
I'm still waiting to see a black centric movie that doesn't have someone saying "Oh, hell no" in it at some point.  Did this phrase do well with focus groups or something?  I'm not understanding why movie makers still think this is so funny.   

I don't understand why movie makers think alot of things are funny, ... Black centric or not.
eg The Wedding Singer, Adam Sandler, Will Farrell, ...oh, did I mention Adam Sandler?
w

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 11:21:11 PM »
I don't understand why movie makers think alot of things are funny, ... Black centric or not.
eg The Wedding Singer, Adam Sandler, Will Farrell, ...oh, did I mention Adam Sandler?

I used to like Sandler back in the day but "Grown Ups 2" and "Jack and and Jill" were two of the worst, least funny pieces of shit that were ever made.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 03:25:00 PM »

Adam Sandler probably doesn't think much of pyramid schemes.
K

jillymayr

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 07:49:11 AM »
most black folks use that phrase themselves so ofcourse it makes sense for it to be included in pretty much all Black movies