Author Topic: benchmstr just picked that up. Your take?  (Read 1443 times)

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
benchmstr just picked that up. Your take?
« on: November 08, 2013, 08:52:19 PM »
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm. Handles pretty well and ain't a getto Glock. Already put 250 rounds thru it and so far accuracy  isn't the best but the recoil is impressive compared to the P 92. So I blame the shooter. For some reasons there's hot ass at our range. It distracts me.

GodSpeed chief, looking forward to your input. Coming up: Sig Sauer M400, picking it tomorrow morning. I'm in Texas a lot lately. It would just be rude not to invite me for Wild Hog hunting. Just saying.

®

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: benchmstr just picked that up. Your take?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 11:14:09 PM »
It's not a bad gun, I like how narrow the grip is and I really like 9mm..I feel it's a very underrated handgun round

I really like glocks though..seriously, all things considered its probably the best handgun you can find

If we are in Texas at the same time we shall throw on the night vision!

Bench

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 07:21:00 AM »
Just yesterday talked to a guy who inherited his Da's Mauser machine pistol. Says it's front heavy and the wooden/round stock is weird, but is otherwise a solid piece. bench?  

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 10:30:12 AM »
Just yesterday talked to a guy who inherited his Da's Mauser machine pistol. Says it's front heavy and the wooden/round stock is weird, but is otherwise a solid piece. bench?  
Never handled one

Bench

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 02:20:16 PM »

Yes sir, it's an awesome gun to hold onto.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 06:35:21 PM »
A sawed off 12 gauge will do.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 10:00:30 PM »
A sawed off 12 gauge will do.
I'm partial to a mk18 variant..I ditch the front sight base and go with a 10" rail, and a ctr instead of that bulky ass sopmod stock

Bench

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »
It's not a bad gun, I like how narrow the grip is and I really like 9mm..I feel it's a very underrated handgun round

I really like glocks though..seriously, all things considered its probably the best handgun you can find

If we are in Texas at the same time we shall throw on the night vision!

Bench

Agreed on the 9mm. Great round and overlooked. If rarity wasn't a factor I even would stash on 5.7 all day. There's a diminishing return with bore and short barrels; .45 acp being grossly overrated. I see so many clowns unable to handle their mini cannons but does  "look cool", especially if your boxers are showing.

I've got 2 more trips scheduled in DFW area before the end of the year. Let's stay in touch and make that happen.
®

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »
Brother has one.  It's a nice weapon but the grip felt a little ackward. 
A

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 04:50:42 PM »
Brother has one.  It's a nice weapon but the grip felt a little ackward. 

Good for him. Gonna start shopping; maybe just press them. "Crossroads of the West"  Gun Show is back in town in a few days, should be able to stack upon slugs and primers. Been a pattern of mine; stack up on the ammo first then buy the corresponding caliber, very motivating :)./
®

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 08:42:27 PM »
Agreed on the 9mm. Great round and overlooked. If rarity wasn't a factor I even would stash on 5.7 all day. There's a diminishing return with bore and short barrels; .45 acp being grossly overrated. I see so many clowns unable to handle their mini cannons but does  "look cool", especially if your boxers are showing.

I've got 2 more trips scheduled in DFW area before the end of the year. Let's stay in touch and make that happen.
Never really a fan of the 5.7...I've been testing the 300 blackout a lot lately and am on the fence about it..

I'm around 5 hours away from DFW...so if all the stars and planets align perfectly it might work out lol

Bench

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 08:05:33 PM »
Never really a fan of the 5.7...I've been testing the 300 blackout a lot lately and am on the fence about it..

I'm around 5 hours away from DFW...so if all the stars and planets align perfectly it might work out lol

Bench

Sounds like quite a drive. Going back to Dallas 25th-26th but in Atlanta the Friday before. Thinking of flying to Houston Friday and spend the weekend Alamoing around. PM me if it makes sense. Haven't booked anything yet.
®