Author Topic: Derek Anthony - kidney transplant was delayed  (Read 235815 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Derek Anthony Now Has Liver Cancer
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2013, 06:51:10 PM »
well stable families encourage kids to dominate others using studies and brains, to make money. But in the end  they also teach their offspring to fuck other people up instead of being fucked up by them. I see low life families who at least  stick together and teach their  dumb kids to be assholes to survive, dominate. Life is a giant free for all and we only help those we have shared interests and traits with, because it costless enegery to mate and cooperate with people who look and think like us than with people who are too different and you have time and energy to put in to convert/dominate, convince. A basic principle of economy.
It also means we often consider all of those who arent part of our "circle" to be ...enemies.
Cripes. Do you really think like this, or are you just trolling? If the former, you are truly demented. Sad. Like a low-rent Ayn Rand. 

peruke

• Getbig III
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2013, 06:54:39 PM »
Cripes. Do you really think like this, or are you just trolling? If the former, you are truly demented. Sad. Like a low-rent Ayn Rand. 

Now Ayn Rand.....Is a name that I would not expect to be used here....One of her best works...."The Fountainhead"... :-X

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »
Ask yourself, how does one end up being a mediocre bber, being in ads in mags, dancing/stripping for men, sticking tons of oil into body parts, then getting tons of ink, then having kidney issues, being put on dialysis, and now having liver cancer? Where did this all begin? I'd say his family.

DA is an adult, who never had the humility to be accountable or responsible for his decisions.

Apparently it's more important for him to carry on some ridiculous public persona than to live.

So it no longer becomes an issue of where it all began, it now becomes an issue of where it all ends.

And unfortunately that is a funeral in the near future.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: November 09, 2013, 07:00:57 PM »
DA is an adult, who never had the humility to be accountable or responsible for his decisions.

Apparently it's more important for him to carry on some ridiculous public persona than to live.

So it no longer becomes an issue of where it all began, it now becomes an issue of where it all ends.

And unfortunately that is a funeral in the near future.

he s been designed that way by the people who raised him. When could have it be possible to change him? Would it have changed anything had he stoped all drugs etc years ago, or just allow him to live just some more years. Well, who cares now. He s toast, and we ll all get toast one day too, the paths to get there are just different.

Also lol at DA is an adult...there are people in their 70s who still arent "adults". We re all doing what we have to do to survive, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt, it depends of luck and brain calculations, upbringings, the inherited or acquired panel of strategies of survival you have at your disposition. We all know some rich asshole who can bypass laws thanks to conections or money.

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #179 on: November 09, 2013, 07:25:09 PM »
That first post is nuts. Derek has a foot in the grave and that obvious reality must be crippling. Each second that passes is a large fraction of the time he has left. He just wants to be normal but life is offering him death.

Funny most of the scumbags here will say good riddance when someone dies of heroin or some other drugs, but they scowl when you say shit about Derek. fuckin queers. Look on the bright side, your derek anthony soiled trunks will now be limited edition.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: November 09, 2013, 07:37:25 PM »
That first post is nuts. Derek has a foot in the grave and that obvious reality must be crippling. Each second that passes is a large fraction of the time he has left. He just wants to be normal but life is offering him death.

Funny most of the scumbags here will say good riddance when someone dies of heroin or some other drugs, but they scowl when you say shit about Derek. fuckin queers. Look on the bright side, your derek anthony soiled trunks will now be limited edition.
Lol you ll go thru the same shit he s going thru one day. Except for him it came quicker. Good luck rationalizing it when it hits you.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2013, 07:52:41 PM »
The sad thing is that this sport emphasises that ones most important value is their muscles. Bodybuilders become obsessed with their physiques and place all their self worth on this. Derek is a nice looking man who didn't compete and therefore should have placed his focus on health and stopped any kind of drug and synthol usage. Women prefer athletic men anyway as opposed to big bodybuilder types . I saw Derek once at the New York pro show. I walked right past him and didn't recognise him because he looked like a professional business man. He didn't look like the average bodybuilder. He was smiling and shaking people's hands and looked like a nice guy. It was later when I was back in Australia that I saw a pic of him from that show and I remembered seeing him. I wish Derek all the strength that he will need to fight this cancer. And I hope that if he makes it, he focuses on health and forgets about having big muscles.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2013, 07:54:46 PM »
Won't say anything about DA anymore.

My thoughts are with his family

x2, truly feel bad for him.

Can we send him a getbig card Ron?

Serious, put our screen names on it.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2013, 07:55:11 PM »
The sad thing is that this sport emphasises that ones most important value is their muscles. Bodybuilders become obsessed with their physiques and place all their self worth on this. Derek is a nice looking man who didn't compete and therefore should have placed his focus on health and stopped any kind of drug and synthol usage. Women prefer athletic men anyway as opposed to big bodybuilder types . I saw Derek once at the New York pro show. I walked right past him and didn't recognise him because he looked like a professional business man. He didn't look like the average bodybuilder. He was smiling and shaking people's hands and looked like a nice guy. It was later when I was back in Australia that I saw a pic of him from that show and I remembered seeing him. I wish Derek all the strength that he will need to fight this cancer. And I hope that if he makes it, he focuses on health and forgets about having big muscles.
Good post.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2013, 07:59:31 PM »
PIP soon DA.

I never liked DA but I always knew I was a few bad choices away from being just like him. Was Teen Mr. Philly at 17... thought my shit didn't stink etc. Had everyone telling me I was gonna be a pro etc. Even had an "in" with Bob Gruskin.

Had the same Italian attitude ( I am a real Italian though ). But when I saw how much drugs it took to win a small local show I decided it wasn't for me. I went on to compete a few more times with no drugs in both powerlifting and bodybuilding and now I am happy and healthy, married with 2 young daughters.

All is good thank God, but I am humble enough to know one or two bad choices could have lead me right down the same road DA took. I feel bad for him and I feel lucky because I can see how easy it is to become what he did.

He was a douche bag for sure, but cut him some slack. I'm sure he is doing his share of crying and praying now to make up for his lifetime.
$

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2013, 08:00:53 PM »
 :(

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: November 09, 2013, 08:52:31 PM »
It appears Derek's life is hanging in the balance. With all his health issues, a long happy life doesn't look promising at this point. He's probably made some poor decisions as a young man, but no one deserves to die as some of you suggest. Acting like an asshole to others, and doing whatever it takes to achieve the appearance of being muscular or decorating you body with grotesque tattoos is not a recipe for deserved death. If it were, there are a lot of folks in the bodybuilding world and even on Getbig who would already have died.

I really believe a lot of folks are in denial here. They should be saying to themselves, there but for the grace of god, go I. Instead, they look for reasons why this couldn't happen to them. Nearly everyday on Getbig, there are posts by folks claiming to use self-prescribed dosages of HRT and PEDs. I hope for their sake they are luckier than Derek seems to be at this point. I am just not clear on what folks gain by continuing to slam him. The man is probably dying right before our eyes. Cut him some slack already. Have a little empathy.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: November 09, 2013, 08:58:19 PM »
well stable families encourage kids to dominate others using studies and brains, to make money. But in the end  they also teach their offspring to fuck other people up instead of being fucked up by them. I see low life families who at least  stick together and teach their  dumb kids to be assholes to survive, dominate. Life is a giant free for all and we only help those we have shared interests and traits with, because it costless enegery to mate and cooperate with people who look and think like us than with people who are too different and you have time and energy to put in to convert/dominate, convince. A basic principle of economy.
It also means we often consider all of those who arent part of our "circle" to be ...enemies.

some nights a good ole harsh learnin post from uberman makes my night
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: November 09, 2013, 09:41:03 PM »
I can't dump on a guy when he's down like this. It's a real shame, and I bet he's terrified. So f'n unnecessary, too.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: November 09, 2013, 09:56:07 PM »
I can't dump on a guy when he's down like this. It's a real shame, and I bet he's terrified. So f'n unnecessary, too.

Terrified and lugubrious are two perfect words to describe his present state of mind.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #190 on: November 09, 2013, 10:14:33 PM »
I hope DA can start his recovery. Get better dude!

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #191 on: November 09, 2013, 10:38:40 PM »

If bbing doesn't emphasis it's important factor on "muscles" then what?

It's a "sport" on looks and vanity, been that way since the men put on the thong and went up on stage

It's not like the guys are at a spelling bee contest or trying a become a surgeon

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #192 on: November 09, 2013, 10:42:18 PM »
why didn't he get the hepatitis liver shot instead of injecting all that other stuff  ?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2013, 10:51:18 PM »
yes you re owned because you read it, and pretend you didnt to save face, and cause you have nothing remotely intelligent or elaborated to develop to defend the fact you ve been exposed as an hypocrit. So now your last strategy of survival to save face is to pretend you re too manly, too busy and too tough to read my answer.
Oh well. This will bite you in the ass one day.

;) if it makes you happy, fine I read it  ::)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

Antonio fella

• Getbig III
« Reply #195 on: November 09, 2013, 10:56:02 PM »
well, even giving these details you re proving he was probably the least liked son of his brotherhood and as a result destroyed himself while being jealous of his brothers. See, the more you dig, the more dirt you re going to excavate, the more pieces of the puzzle you re going to assemble to get a larger clearer picture. Is he responsible for having been less loved, taken care of, by his parents/family? again it's probably nothing he chose but was forced to be exposed to and he coped the way he could with what he had, but in the end it definitely shaped the path he took, and maybe he would have taken another path had he been raised differently. Maybe his parents wanted things to be that way, because themselves were the least loved kids in their brotherhood, and subconsciously reproduced it with derek and his brothers, making him the scapegoat they were.
My father was abandoned by his father, who left to raise another son with another woman. My father abandoned my mother and me and my brother, but always kept a better relationship with my brother, while ignoring me, just like his father did with him and his own brother. For some reasons i ve been picked as being the son he wouldnt love, while the other was picked to be the one he would love. Who chose what in all of this? Good luck giving a meaning to this.
Anyway I ve read books, questioned everyone for years, then found the patterns that kept being repeated, figured what he was doing, and told him bluntly, exposed what he was doing. At some point i talked about it to my brother , who told me i was right and that he didnt want to be part of it anymore, and my father started to ignore him too. That's just what we all do; we reproduce what we ve been exposed to, subconsciously, until someone realize what's going and says stop; start pointing fingers at people. Then he either gets crucified or finds some support from people who want to stop the vicious cycle. Some people obviously dont want the dirt to be exposed, and want you to shut your mouth, it is to be expected.

I'm 101% sure it all originate in his family members reproducing nasty stuff and him being the black sheep who took it all in the face. You dont destroy yourself that way, with nobody seriously trying to help you, if someone in your family genuinely cares about you. That's why i said they probably all wanted him to become that guy, and pushed him to where he is one way or another. The cruel irony is that in the end, they ll all be by his side, pretending to care about him... while secretly rejoicing of their job. And he wont be able to say shit cause they ll be the only thing remaining in his life. How many people die surrounded by their killers. This, is real "life".

good post, I see you have done some serious readings and analyses - although I feel you still hold deeps inside some stuff that's killing you
!

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: November 09, 2013, 10:56:37 PM »
If bbing doesn't emphasis it's important factor on "muscles" then what?

It's a "sport" on looks and vanity, been that way since the men put on the thong and went up on stage

It's not like the guys are at a spelling bee contest or trying a become a surgeon
Yes but when you don't compete and pump loads of drugs and synthol into your body while having kidney disease, it's time to stop thinking about being big and train for health.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2013, 11:19:19 PM »
Yes but when you don't compete and pump loads of drugs and synthol into your body while having kidney disease, it's time to stop thinking about being big and train for health.

Yes I see what u mean but even a lot of guys that don't compete, they still live the lifestyle, drugs, food... So it's still vanity whether they are delusional or just a mental case , bbing cult is really something

Most guys who start lifting or become bbers is bc they couldn't cut it in real sports or are very insecure to begin with , I said most and not all there are exceptions

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2013, 12:02:21 AM »
If Derek wants to live, let him live.  If Derek wants to die, let him die.  There should be no argument at all here.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2013, 12:09:20 AM »
If Derek wants to live, let him live. 

Looks like it might be past that point.