Author Topic: Derek Anthony - kidney transplant was delayed  (Read 235766 times)

Mobil

• Getbig IV
Re: Derek Anthony Now Has Liver Cancer
« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2013, 12:28:35 AM »
i dont wish the guy to die... but obviously he has some mental issues he needs to fix before his medical problems
real men= no rubbers

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2013, 12:35:18 AM »
If Derek wants to live, let him live.  If Derek wants to die, let him die.  There should be no argument at all here.

They say a getbig thread can heal, so that's clearly one vote for DDD (Die Derek Die).

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2013, 01:10:47 AM »
well, all in all you still reduce your lifespan using both, a lifespan that would have been longer if you didnt consume anything at all. I am sorry for him but man, did he do his best to get there. I feel sad cause i somehow "know" him, i know he was just insecure and a jerk, not a bad man, he was unable to keep a good woman, unable to find a real job, probably had huge family issues he will never solve, and i dont know the little kids or other people who suffer from the same kind of stuff so i cant take them into pity. He always struck me as a guy who was stuck in a low quality life. Studies , family etc where outof reach for him.
 All it makes me think about is the absurdity of life. The butchery of life. I mean you guys realize at any given moment, tons of people die of many stupid reasons, suffering or not. We  re just born, to die, and between birth and death, there's only struggle. You sometimes feel good when you successfully survive difficulties, but it's only to see your last victory being destroyed blindly by another difficulty until one day, you cant take it anymore.

He's probably sad because he knows he s going to die, I'm sad cause I know we , as a specie, will all die one day because we are animals and we can do nothing but kill between two peaceful phases. Rest is only a preparation of the next fight, struggle.
We all have our problems it seems, pick your poison! I hope he will have happy final days surrounded by people who love him , at least. That's funny , i dont even know why i wish him that, where does this empathetic thought come from. Wether he dies in peace or not, why would i care? In fact i probably dont genuinely care, it's just that i hope that myself the day i'll die, i'll be surrounded by loved ones instead of being alone. I'm not interested in his life, suffering or death, I'm just interested in understanding how not to repeat the same mistakes to optimize and increase my own odds of survival and those of my offspring.

We should all stop the bashing now. He abused everything under the sun, was dumb, ignorant, an asshole, despicable, but this stuff happen to people who did a lot more better with their lives. This is the real question how do you explain the randomness of all of that. We all have beliefs, thought processes, to give a meaning to what intrinsically, has none. To survive, our brains lie to us. It could happen to any of us. As if, there was no justice, just randomness, things happen and that's about it. Now what is interesting is the "meaning" we all fabricate to make the absurd daily reality tolerable. Life just makes no sense, but our brains are wired to give meaning to what intrinsically has none. When you re in the flow of life, working, having significant relationships and so on, you rebound a lot easier, you cope with the blows with more ease. When you look at life from a distance whatever the reason -being handicaped, unemployed, old  , wounded, etc- and its absurdity, the fact we re just animals randomly killing and getting killed simply because "that's just the way it is" , you dont feel very good about the whole thing. It's even tougher when you feel like you dont contribute, dont participate in anything, when you feel like you re useless. This is what motivate people with nothing, to destroy what others have, or try to steal it, and the cycle keeps repeating itself over and over again.The biggest irony of life is that we probably all think we are right in everything we do to insure our survival.

I guess the right thing to do in all of this is to follow the Bible, God, and do your best to be nice to everyone, work, contribute, transform yourself to be better while motivating other people to do the same. Then you can be proud of your success, and nobody will want to destroy it. If you re really an expert, nobody will even be able to replace you so you dont have to worry about that. Sublimation, perfection. That way you should have all the pros without the cons of life? Lifting weights, playing some sports, working, taking care of family...being with people, helping them... making money excelling at what you re doing...helping other people do the same without fearing they might backstab you or replace you...

It's all nice and rosy but if only it was that easy. Can you do that? That's probably the thoughest shit to do in this life. Fact is most people want to fuck you up, abuse you, dominate you, every time you interact with them and you have to make your boundaries clear and enforce them if and when needed. Life, is war, on all levels. Not getting angry at other people, not continuing their bad behaviors, falling for their games, becoming just like them. Can you keep your inner peace, while seeing people do you or your loved ones harm? No, in these moments the cold reality of what life truly is take over. We re just animals. It's killing, or getting killed. That's the only meaning of life, and all lifeforms have no other -blind- purpose but to reproduce indefinitely and adapt to...survive.

We re all facing people who have it all and in all impunity seem to be able to crush other people lives without ever being worried. So at this point yeah, we all start to doubt the utopic religious view, meaning of life. We just see each others as animals who have no other purpose but kill or get killed.
 In real life, we re all forced to see other people animalistic behaviors, and to realize we re just the same, that at its core, life is just about life forms trying to adapt at all costs, being able to do so (using brains, or muscle etc) whatever the way you discover to survive facing the competition , makes you happy, failing makes you frustrated, stressed, wanting to die.

Derek could have chosen a better path, lifting naturally, not doing roids, synthol, rec drugs, not posing in front of a webcam for schmoes as a living... but in the end he would have died too. What probably makes hi sad is what he hasnt been able to achieve before dying; building a healthy, happy family, doing better with what he inherited and acquired. That's probably his only regret. And the shame of having been exposed, laughed at, for so long, reading that many people will enjoy his death.

But...what about the other men who live the same lifestyle, and arent about to die? Lot of males do the same stuff as a living, but their health is ok, maybe later it will worsen, but why DA has to die now ? Because he really , really, abused more than they do? Many people deserve to die more than him, murderers etc, still, they ll live longer lives. How comes? Where is the justice in all of that?
There's probably none. That's just the vain, absurd, stupid way it is, life is. Can anyone come up with something more optimistic?

We all try to survive, and feel somewhat good to see other die as it subconsciously mean we have been spared, all of this developed during millions of years of evolution, that's just how all lifeforms are. We re only sad when someone who was important to our own survival dies. We all try to adapt, and have to step on other people in many occasions to insure our own survival. Even if we didnt want to, we would still have to, cause that's just the way it is.

One thing is sure, Heaven is not on earth. And the funny is that all winners, finally lose one day, hapiness is probably seeing others fail before you do.

Good post uberman

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #203 on: November 10, 2013, 01:17:40 AM »
I don't get Uberman, has someone hacked his account, I have always been a huge critic of his lack of compassion for his fellow man, even if it is DA, but hes probably told him to die more than most and then in this thread he's found the love, im sure now that because I've chosen to comment, he will come out with its because I was molested and grew up without a dad, and im uneducated, ;D lol, but just an observation, I actually find the guys posts and point of view interesting at times, I just don't know why he's turned, pretty sure when DA was first on dialysis, he wasn't so sympathetic, makes you think has something humbling happened to our very own getbig version of Dr Phil of late.  :)

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2013, 03:16:43 AM »
The sad thing is that this sport emphasises that ones most important value is their muscles. Bodybuilders become obsessed with their physiques and place all their self worth on this. Derek is a nice looking man who didn't compete and therefore should have placed his focus on health and stopped any kind of drug and synthol usage. Women prefer athletic men anyway as opposed to big bodybuilder types . I saw Derek once at the New York pro show. I walked right past him and didn't recognise him because he looked like a professional business man. He didn't look like the average bodybuilder. He was smiling and shaking people's hands and looked like a nice guy. It was later when I was back in Australia that I saw a pic of him from that show and I remembered seeing him. I wish Derek all the strength that he will need to fight this cancer. And I hope that if he makes it, he focuses on health and forgets about having big muscles.

who is talking about what women preffer? He was making money as a 'Muscle God' selling himself to muscle worshippers aka schmoes.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2013, 04:16:18 AM »
i dont wish the guy to die... but obviously he has some mental issues he needs to fix before his medical problems

this
MIRAGETROPIN

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2013, 05:42:08 AM »
Derek has a mental condition that a doctor once described to me as "bigorexia". I'm sure it's been discussed on here ad nauseum.

Anorexics die all the time - heart failure, kidney failure - all sorts of illnesses - they also don't just stop when they get sick. Nor do they listen to advice.

Same with our resident Bigorexic - his condition made him sick & could not handle shrinking. It seems pretty clear from the pics that he's pumped himself full of oil - heaven only knows what that does to someone with normal kidneys, let alone someone on dialysis.

So - yeah - he's a dick but he's a dick with a psychological condition. He's no different from an alcoholic that can't stop drinking even though he full well knows the end result.

It's hard to know what to feel about a person like that. If you don't suffer from alcoholism, you can't understand why drunks can't "just stop". Similarly, it's hard to figure out why Derek is still doing what he's doing.

I am ambivalent on it. I am interested but as George Carlin put it "I have no stake in the outcome".  I just watch with interest.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #207 on: November 10, 2013, 07:23:50 AM »
Someone forward this thread to "Joey Swole".

On second thought, don't bother.

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2013, 07:42:55 AM »
Reason for the delay in his transplant:

Derek Anthony
November 6 via mobile
Well one of the main reasons the kidney transplant was delayed my thyroid was elevated they fixed that with medicine. And they saw a tumor in my liver they biopsyed it and it was a localized cancer tumor. It can be fixed with radiation not chemo. So no transplant for me another battle I have to fight why can't I catch a break am I that bad a person. Dialysis now cancer ? Ill try to stay optimistic but this is killing me inside I just wanted to be normal

Bros-- think positive. He might just have a benign hepatoma known to occur from years of roid use. This is just a highly vascular BENIGN tumor that can shunt blood and create other problems. Do not know the guy's lifestyle, but if he was fuckin' around all that you say may be possible too.

DOC
Lift, fuck, make money

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2013, 07:52:29 AM »
problem is in sickness especially his long medical list last few yrs is not pretty ,it takes up a daily regimine daily just to get around lifes easy things like walking /eating,even relaxing/sleep who knows if he even does this stuff with normal effort.sad and at his muscular peak he probably said at least i will leave big corpse or die big something to that extent cliche,in the end he will suffer and say 'why me'i wish i scaled back,or its what i wanted to do at the time without reagards to my body.there are children sick who never had a chance at those decisions.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2013, 08:51:20 AM »
I don't get Uberman, has someone hacked his account, I have always been a huge critic of his lack of compassion for his fellow man, even if it is DA, but hes probably told him to die more than most and then in this thread he's found the love, im sure now that because I've chosen to comment, he will come out with its because I was molested and grew up without a dad, and im uneducated, ;D lol, but just an observation, I actually find the guys posts and point of view interesting at times, I just don't know why he's turned, pretty sure when DA was first on dialysis, he wasn't so sympathetic, makes you think has something humbling happened to our very own getbig version of Dr Phil of late.  :)
Notice that he is less religious.  ;)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: November 10, 2013, 08:55:57 AM »
good post, I see you have done some serious readings and analyses - although I feel you still hold deeps inside some stuff that's killing you
Life kills.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2013, 09:07:30 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: November 10, 2013, 09:14:40 AM »

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: November 10, 2013, 09:15:29 AM »
I never told him to die or that i wished him to die. Never. I just pointed at how insecure and dumb his bravado and behaviors were tho. Some years ago i and others even said he would die in a mess if he kept at it. And we were right, it happened.

So what? Nothing, that's just the way it is. Some will learn from it, many wont. The biggest irony is that most users will keep using. Those who already thought it was dumb, will just think they were right and that's about it. Again often "knowing" doesnt mean you can change anything. For example we all know there s a pending economic collapse to come, yet none of us can do anything about it but prepare.

Again as i mentioned it earlier, will it stop roids users from using? Will it prevent kids from going that path? Probably not. Because what lead people to do that kind of stuff, is never truly addressed; past traumas during childhood. you can talk all you want, in most cases there s nothing to do. Do i feel smarter, better, knowing that i didnt fall for that trap among the many traps in life? Yeah, probably just like everyone else, but let's just say i have my own problems, and they can kill me as sure as roid abuse can. None of us chose these problems that slowly kill us, we re powerless, and when we feel good, we dont want to care about others suffering, that's just the way it is, the way we are designed. Only what adapts, whatever the way it adapts, survives, it's all about finding the right strategy of survival that will fit the current problem and allow one to go thru it.
We all have something that's broken inside and that will never heal, well many of us have. And most of the time we simply use it to destroy others in order to protect ourselves from them or to eliminate competition in our daily struggle for survival. And we re condemned to live with it until it kills us. Some people are designed , conditioned, engineered from birth to be strong, confident, not care about others and just focus on strenghts and skills they have mastered thru years of guided training. They are very rare, they are the alphas, and everyone wants to be like them , learn from them how to be like them or how to teach what they ve done to our offspring so they can do "better" than we did.
No, heaven where everything is perfect and pure, isnt on earth. And it probably doesnt exist; as everywhere in the universe, life is about war and struggle, and there s no justice; a stupid concept we invented but is biased, relative. We re probably just animals killing each others randomly until we ll destroy the planet or it gets destroyed before we can leave it. But again why leave the planet, if it's to struggle to survive on another one; cool program...who wants to go on mars ?  ::)
 We will probably just disapear after being unable to adapt anymore, just like past animal species. We will probably devolve, evolve, to become something else. Fact is, being too smart is dangerous, because it allows you to see far, understand present and future are just random pointless reproductions of the past, and that feelings dont really exist, they re just manifestations of inner animal mechanisms. If mankind wants to survive, it has to be less intelligent in order to not become nihilistic ans self destructive, but intelligent enough to be able to leave the planet if needed.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: November 10, 2013, 09:29:31 AM »
That video to the Getbiggers, i mean just wow!!! He is almost describing himself when he refers to them collectively. Tough guy persona doesnt work, nor does the bragging of having a better physique than everybody because there are guys on here ive seen that are twice his size and would absolutely kill him on stage or in a fight situation.

Everything that has happened to this idiot has been brought on by himself, how is anyone supposed to offer sympathy to an individual that causes his own death?! I for one wont spare a thought for him when he expires, that can be left to his "huge following".

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: November 10, 2013, 09:32:20 AM »

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: November 10, 2013, 09:43:57 AM »
most powerful nation ever built

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: November 10, 2013, 10:06:06 AM »
most powerful nation ever built

In god We Trust was added to the money in only 1956 dipshit.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #219 on: November 10, 2013, 10:12:35 AM »
I never told him to die or that i wished him to die. Never. I just pointed at how insecure and dumb his bravado and behaviors were tho. Some years ago i and others even said he would die in a mess if he kept at it. And we were right, it happened.

So what? Nothing, that's just the way it is. Some will learn from it, many wont. The biggest irony is that most users will keep using. Those who already thought it was dumb, will just think they were right and that's about it. Again often "knowing" doesnt mean you can change anything. For example we all know there s a pending economic collapse to come, yet none of us can do anything about it but prepare.

Again as i mentioned it earlier, will it stop roids users from using? Will it prevent kids from going that path? Probably not. Because what lead people to do that kind of stuff, is never truly addressed; past traumas during childhood. you can talk all you want, in most cases there s nothing to do. Do i feel smarter, better, knowing that i didnt fall for that trap among the many traps in life? Yeah, probably just like everyone else, but let's just say i have my own problems, and they can kill me as sure as roid abuse can. None of us chose these problems that slowly kill us, we re powerless, and when we feel good, we dont want to care about others suffering, that's just the way it is, the way we are designed. Only what adapts, whatever the way it adapts, survives, it's all about finding the right strategy of survival that will fit the current problem and allow one to go thru it.
We all have something that's broken inside and that will never heal, well many of us have. And most of the time we simply use it to destroy others in order to protect ourselves from them or to eliminate competition in our daily struggle for survival. And we re condemned to live with it until it kills us. Some people are designed , conditioned, engineered from birth to be strong, confident, not care about others and just focus on strenghts and skills they have mastered thru years of guided training. They are very rare, they are the alphas, and everyone wants to be like them , learn from them how to be like them or how to teach what they ve done to our offspring so they can do "better" than we did.
No, heaven where everything is perfect and pure, isnt on earth. And it probably doesnt exist; as everywhere in the universe, life is about war and struggle, and there s no justice; a stupid concept we invented but is biased, relative. We re probably just animals killing each others randomly until we ll destroy the planet or it gets destroyed before we can leave it. But again why leave the planet, if it's to struggle to survive on another one; cool program...who wants to go on mars ?  ::)
 We will probably just disapear after being unable to adapt anymore, just like past animal species. We will probably devolve, evolve, to become something else. Fact is, being too smart is dangerous, because it allows you to see far, understand present and future are just random pointless reproductions of the past, and that feelings dont really exist, they re just manifestations of inner animal mechanisms. If mankind wants to survive, it has to be less intelligent in order to not become nihilistic ans self destructive, but intelligent enough to be able to leave the planet if needed.

When Uberman isn't being hate filled and obnoxious I agree with a lot of what he says.

Planet Earth doesn't have a rulebook. Slavery wasn't wrong..it just happened. Strong dominate weak.

I don't wish ill on anyone. .unless they wish ill on me. I don't wish good on anyone either..I don't care if people live or die...seriously..except for my people.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: November 10, 2013, 10:13:08 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: November 10, 2013, 10:15:32 AM »
When Uberman isn't being hate filled and obnoxious I agree with a lot of what he says.

Planet Earth doesn't have a rulebook. Slavery wasn't wrong..it just happened. Strong dominate weak.

I don't wish ill on anyone. .unless they wish ill on me. I don't wish good on anyone either..I don't care if people live or die...seriously..except for my people.
There definitely is a wrong and a right according to whatever direction our culture and zeitgeist dictate, not to mention the evolutionary trait of empathy we all have to some degree.  If I came into your house, threw your daughter out of a second story window and burned your house down to the ground with you in it, don`t you think that would qualify as being "wrong".  

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #222 on: November 10, 2013, 10:17:29 AM »

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: November 10, 2013, 10:19:53 AM »

I also am calling bullshit on you not caring about other people.  You may not think you do, but its obvious that you do to some degree.  In past posts you do not like it when the black menace threatens the life and well being of others.  If you truly did not care, you would not continually voice your opinion on this topic.  ;)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: November 10, 2013, 10:23:23 AM »
Groink, if I was beating a toddler in front of your face with a crowbar, you would do nothing but watch?  ???