Author Topic: BMW i3 Electric Car vs BMW M3: Drag Race  (Read 2342 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
BMW i3 Electric Car vs BMW M3: Drag Race
« on: November 09, 2013, 06:20:16 PM »
Potential stoplight sleeper?

Parker

• Getbig V
Re: BMW i3 Electric Car vs BMW M3: Drag Race
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 06:35:41 PM »
BTW, the i3 is RWD...
More on the drag race if you think that this was fixed.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=911080

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 08:00:56 PM »
No it's RWD.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »
No it's RWD.
Thanks for the correction! I was thinking about the 1 Series Active Tourer, which is FWD

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 11:03:38 PM »
you on m3post?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 11:14:16 PM »
you on m3post?

He's on every car forum

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 11:19:50 PM »
Cool thread but what's the difference if you were going to buy one?  I don;t know shit about cars.  :-\

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 11:47:54 PM »

BodyMachine

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 11:48:33 PM »
g_thing, i3 is an electric car. M3 is a v8 4.0L. make no mistake the m3 destroys this car, it's just the power delivery of an electric motor is instant hence off the line performance is better

Lexus II

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 07:50:04 AM »
The i3 is a very sophisticated car with an aluminum chassis and carbon fiber body.  I find the automated manufacturing process BMW uses to build their cars as impressive as the cars themselves.

The pace at which automotive technology has improved over the last twenty years is very impressive.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 05:54:20 PM »
I can appreciate the tech from these flaming little euro-hipster shopping carts will make their real cars lighter and more efficient, but seriously....

I <3 BMW but if they're giving us the lamest euro-trash from their lineup, and the ridiculous new X1 why can't they at least give us the 335i wagon here in the US? some of us don't want to drive a soccer mom 'commanding positioned' SUV to get a v6 that can hold a 100lb dog and the shopping..

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 03:14:17 AM »
I can appreciate the tech from these flaming little euro-hipster shopping carts will make their real cars lighter and more efficient, but seriously....

I <3 BMW but if they're giving us the lamest euro-trash from their lineup, and the ridiculous new X1 why can't they at least give us the 335i wagon here in the US? some of us don't want to drive a soccer mom 'commanding positioned' SUV to get a v6 that can hold a 100lb dog and the shopping..
Because wagons don't sell very well here. Really, how many 5 series GTs have you seen? Or the 3 series GT (basically wagons)?
I've seen 1 CTS-V wagon in person, on the road. The only thing close to a wagon that I see on the daily are Subarus.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 11:28:18 AM »
electric cars can be very fast.

we had a couple electric porsches.. race cars though, and stripped out, roll cages, everthing...

the thing with electric cars is the torque is INSTANT, there's no hp/torque curve.. it's controlled by the "controller" (think of a rheostat, or the little electric slot-cars when you were a kid with the little trigger-controllers)...... it's like driving a slot-car on the track... or street.

just wait till people start to learn to modifiy the controllers. no more tinkering with exhausts, cam's, injector mapping, ect... just drop in a new controller and gain the equivalent of 300hp. :)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 11:58:19 AM »
electric cars can be very fast.

we had a couple electric porsches.. race cars though, and stripped out, roll cages, everthing...

the thing with electric cars is the torque is INSTANT, there's no hp/torque curve.. it's controlled by the "controller" (think of a rheostat, or the little electric slot-cars when you were a kid with the little trigger-controllers)...... it's like driving a slot-car on the track... or street.

just wait till people start to learn to modifiy the controllers. no more tinkering with exhausts, cam's, injector mapping, ect... just drop in a new controller and gain the equivalent of 300hp. :)
Exactly, or different parts of the electric motor...basically like modifying slot cars...