Author Topic: Bodybuilding: Sig Sauer M400 designed for a King.  (Read 8185 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: benchmstr need your help one last time...
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2013, 02:02:05 PM »
your the only person I heard that from. What's wrong with the round

Terminal ballistics just slightly north of a .22LR to start. Expensive, hard to find, etc.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2013, 02:05:54 PM »
Gas operated is mil spec. I think that you wanted to dis the op-rod design.

Right , I thought these were gas-uppers and NOT DI. Sig finally came around? I wouldn't buy a Sig 1911 or AR. Much better choices for both.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2013, 02:13:04 PM »
http://www.laruetactical.com/aimpoint-micro-t-1-2moam4-qd-mount-combo

Case closed , end of sentence. Thread/ Elvis has left the building.

Mark LaRue is all you need to know when it comes to mounts and AR accessories. 

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2013, 02:28:55 PM »
Terminal ballistics just slightly north of a .22LR to start. Expensive, hard to find, etc.

you sure about that?

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »
impressive now grab the .22 mag vid if they have one..... doesn't keltec make a 22 mag I believe its the p30

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2013, 02:40:34 PM »

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2013, 02:55:28 PM »
Case closed , end of sentence. Thread/ Elvis has left the building.

Mark LaRue is all you need to know when it comes to mounts and AR accessories. 
I stopped buying larue..they are repeatable but eat up your rails..and rails don't grow back

I started using BOBRO for optics mounts...not going back to mark larue's pretentious ass

Bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »
Alright gents, first firearm

sig 226 for ~600-700 or do I have better options for 9 mil?
Get a glock 19

Bench

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2013, 03:02:28 PM »
I stopped buying larue..they are repeatable but eat up your rails..and rails don't grow back

I started using BOBRO for optics mounts...not going back to mark larue's pretentious ass

Bench

I never had an issues with my rails and LaRue , Mark talks shit but he can back it up.

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »
seems like the 5.7 is nothing like .22 mag good find cant deny the gel .....lol time to hit the gym for back day need to get swole

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2013, 03:50:23 PM »
I never had an issues with my rails and LaRue , Mark talks shit but he can back it up.
If its an optic that will almost never leave the gun? Get a larue

If you swap a lot? Get something else...my lmt mws was so fucked up that I had to get a new upper receiver..but every time the phone rang I was swapping out my N6i for the nightforce 5.5-22x50

Bench

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
Whats up with these pussies who suffer from low self esteem so they have to buy a big gun to feel like a man.
You do realize you are posting on a bodybuilding forum right?

Bench

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »
.22 Hollow point will always do the job.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2013, 04:25:13 PM »
seems like the 5.7 is nothing like .22 mag good find cant deny the gel .....lol time to hit the gym for back day need to get swole

Well, I did say NORTH of a .22 LR. I didn't say how far north.  ;)

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2013, 04:31:08 PM »
NOMAD -

What will you be using it for? Home protection, concealed carry?

Can't go wrong with Glock unless you aren't used to that type of trigger safety, then you will shoot yourself when drawing it in a panic situation. They are cheap, reliable and parts / customization is endless.

Sigs are great but..little pricey. They'll last forever.

LAPD is moving their whole force to S&W M&P 9mm. Military still utilizes the Beretta 92FS (great, reliable, but heavy).

You will find that you may want to own different guns for different purposes. When in the woods for large animal protection .357 mag, home defense maybe a .45, concealed carry, 9mm as the ammo is cheap so you will get more practice with this caliber.

for example -

I have a .357 for hiking
Glock and a couple other full size for outside waist holster carry (winter time when you can conceal with jacket)
Kahr CW9 (9mm) for "pocket pistol" carry. Inside waist or underarm shirt holster carry when at work, church or anywhere I REALLY want to hide the fact I'm carrying...or where pistols are privately banned (restaurants my wife and kids like, local movie theater etc..)

My $0.02 advice -

-Go to a local range, rent some of their guns and try different ones / calibers.
-Learn your local carry and deadly force laws.
-Have an attorney in mind because if you ever have to kill someone you WILL need one. Justified kill means no jail but it doesn't mean the bad    guys money hungry family / baby momma won't sue you in civil court.
-Buy a safe to keep your gun in.

thanks for all the tips.

Self defense & home protection. CCW would be awesome but I am in maryland, in a college town thats basically surrounded by low to mid income neighborhoods.

At most I'll carry it to my car and keep it there whilst running errands but ccw would take forever in this libfuck state.
all drugs - TPPIIP

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2013, 05:26:11 PM »
thanks for all the tips.

Self defense & home protection. CCW would be awesome but I am in maryland, in a college town thats basically surrounded by low to mid income neighborhoods.

At most I'll carry it to my car and keep it there whilst running errands but ccw would take forever in this libfuck state.

I have a 7.5" 300 blackout as my truck gun..with a suppressor for it in my center console lol

Bench

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2013, 05:34:16 PM »
I have a 7.5" 300 blackout as my truck gun..with a suppressor for it in my center console lol

Bench

Even with you being LEO, I would think that there would be eyebrows raised with a righteous shoot involving a NFA item. I don't have a truck gun, but if I did, it would be something vanilla and painful, like my 870.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2013, 06:13:50 PM »
Even with you being LEO, I would think that there would be eyebrows raised with a righteous shoot involving a NFA item. I don't have a truck gun, but if I did, it would be something vanilla and painful, like my 870.
It's just a rifle with a short barrel...nothing more

Not like it's fully auto with kill notches carved in the stock lol

Bench

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2013, 06:18:20 PM »
It's just a rifle with a short barrel...nothing more

Not like it's fully auto with kill notches carved in the stock lol

Bench

I was referring to the can.

Do you like the blackout? It seems like a pretty neat idea. That's the round that uses necked 5.56x45, right?

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2013, 06:27:16 PM »

Do you like the blackout? It seems like a pretty neat idea. That's the round that uses necked 5.56x45, right?
dude if its legit can , you can even hunt dear with it .... I'm to impatient to wait for a short barrel but that's probably what I would run but with NATO 5.56 just to keep it simple . I would carry it in a yellow pelican box as well just so it looks like survey equipment

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »
dude if its legit can , you can even hunt dear with it .... I'm to impatient to wait for a short barrel but that's probably what I would run but with NATO 5.56 just to keep it simple . I would carry it in a yellow pelican box as well just so it looks like survey equipment

I get it. And I have plenty of NFA toys around. It just seems that in any self-defense situation, the less explanation about the SD weapon used, the better. I like the 870 because it's vanilla and because I dislike the idea of explaining to a jury why I used a MP5SD more than I like the idea of draining a 30 round stick into some goblin.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2013, 06:53:19 PM »

I'm on the fence with the blackout..it's better than the 556 for super short barrel and being quiet..that's it..the 556 slays it on every other aspect

I'm not worried about the suppressor..it's never attached in the vehicle..even if it was I wouldn't worry about it..

Bench

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2013, 09:44:01 AM »
NOMAD - does your city allow these ? Decent alternative

http://www.beststungun.com/advanced-taser-m18l.html

I also carry this

http://www.feelsafernow.com/wildfire_18_pepper_spray.htm

..in case of a lesser threat or to determine how bad they want me to shoot them :) . If you hit them with this and they keep advancing you shoot and can tell the jury / cops you tried less lethal means but they kept advancing. I've used this stuff many times especially downtown with aggressive bums / crackheads. Oh and the one "gangsta" who was drunk and wanted to fight me.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2013, 12:52:19 PM »
NOMAD - does your city allow these ? Decent alternative

http://www.beststungun.com/advanced-taser-m18l.html

I also carry this

http://www.feelsafernow.com/wildfire_18_pepper_spray.htm

..in case of a lesser threat or to determine how bad they want me to shoot them :) . If you hit them with this and they keep advancing you shoot and can tell the jury / cops you tried less lethal means but they kept advancing. I've used this stuff many times especially downtown with aggressive bums / crackheads. Oh and the one "gangsta" who was drunk and wanted to fight me.
just remember and be aware...everytime you spray that OC spray...your getting hit too...ive never sprayed anyone but everytime ive been close to someone who has we were all covered in that shit..

bench

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2013, 01:28:18 PM »
yeah that's why I always try to get the foam stream ..no misting / overspray

even if a bit hits you , it may make you cough a bit but it won't turn you into a crying, snot dripping hacking your guts out mess  ;D