Author Topic: Hazing  (Read 8380 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Hazing
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2013, 12:10:43 AM »
Thinking back as a kid we did lots of things that could be perceived as gay by some. I remember we would "pants" our friends unexpectedly at school. For those that don't know "pantsing" is when you sneak up behind someone and pulldown their pants in front of everyone.

Why on earth we would do that I don't know.

I remember this too. When I was in high school, most guys wore Levi 501's. It was in style to wear them a little loose, cut the belt loops off and fold the waistband in half (weird, I know). Anyway, it didn't take much to yank a dudes jeans to the ground and then run like hell, laughing. Personally, I never bothered with the belt loop cutting and folding thing. I was so skinny the jeans would have fallen down all on their own if I'd done that. I wore a belt to hold them up.

These days high school guys wear their jeans with their whole ass exposed anyway, so there probably isn't much point in pulling them down. It is really amusing to watch these fellows try an walk around without losing their pants.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2013, 12:17:03 AM »
Well the worst of hazing - like the incident I witnessed - was not voluntary. 2 big ass lineman held his little freshman ass down while someone pulled down his pants and broomed him.  

That's some sick shit!

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2013, 12:47:41 AM »

Nothing crazy:

1. had to drink a cup of tabasco sauce
2. agreed to shave my head
3. had to pick up equipment at end of practice with other rooks
4. ran more sprints than vets thru training camp
5. had to bring the vets their food in the cafeteria (didn't pay for it...just had to carry it)

None of this sexual stuff though. That stuff is sick and coaches who know about it and do nothing should be put in prison.

I did see one rookie QB accidentally drink some tobacco spit in a gatorade bottle. He thought it as juice and got pranked. That was pretty vile.

X2!

Maybe it was because I grew up in the south, and the majority of my peers were super homophobic?
Stuff similar to the Martin vs Icognito vs Miami would be said/done regularly, but no broomsticks, jump rope handles, penis fingers in the anus actions were ever done...well unless a couple of the hood rat cheerleaders made their way over to the locker room...but that's a different story.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2013, 04:17:44 AM »
We used to take all the freshmen, lock them in a room, and set it on fire.  After a minute we'd throw in a fire extinguisher filled with gasoline.  Haha it was great.

TA is correct.  The vast majority of these 'you can join our club if' scenarios center on some sort of anogenital weirdness.  At any point, you expect the guy relating the story to say "And then everyone just started buttfucking eachother."

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2013, 06:25:09 AM »
My junior high school had a seven foot wrought iron fence with spikes around it. It looked like more like a prison! The seniors and juniors would grab freshman, and hang them up by their belts till some one would get them off! That was the closet thing to hazing I ever saw. It never happened to me. Yeah, I am old went to junior high school!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2013, 09:17:25 AM »
So the weak-sauce conclusion is: nobody feels capable of setting up a straight fraternity without anal rape (how exceedingly pathetic and weak-willed), and white boys are some of the most sexually repressed closet queers on this planet.

I just said "there was never even a hint of any gay stuff." Brutal reading comprehension skills. ::)

And my buddies I knew who pledged in undergrad said they never had any of that shit either. Movies and folk lore really overblow that aspect. At least in my experiences and buds Ive talked to.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2013, 09:26:33 AM »
Not saying I agree with it. Much of group behavior is inexplicable, or is understood on a 'gut' level. Were you home schooled?
it is explainable, but not sure you want to hear the explanation.

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2013, 09:52:55 AM »
Never heard about hazing before

Sounds pretty gay

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2013, 10:13:04 AM »
Well the worst of hazing - like the incident I witnessed - was not voluntary. 2 big ass lineman held his little freshman ass down while someone pulled down his pants and broomed him.  

A couple of closet cases.  A little hazing of the new guy is always a good way to bring a person into the fold, as long as it's good natured and not cruel, deeply personal and sadistic.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »
A couple of closet cases.  A little hazing of the new guy is always a good way to bring a person into the fold, as long as it's good natured and not cruel, deeply personal and sadistic.
Hazing is nothing more than a violation of somebodies civil rights.  I don`t see how anyone would deem is permissible it in any form or fashion.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2013, 10:16:40 AM »
Hazing is nothing more than a violation of somebodies civil rights.  I don`t see how anyone would deem is permissible it in any form or fashion.

I'm referring to friendly banter really nothing over the line and definitely not physical in nature.  I guess that might not be considered hazing in the strictest sense. 
A

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »

Serious question: do you have a lot of good guy friends? Like a large group of buddies you like to do things with? Like fish, work on cars, play baseball, have barbecues, etc? I'm talking more than 2 or 3.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2013, 11:46:58 AM »
I remember this too. When I was in high school, most guys wore Levi 501's. It was in style to wear them a little loose, cut the belt loops off and fold the waistband in half (weird, I know). Anyway, it didn't take much to yank a dudes jeans to the ground and then run like hell, laughing. Personally, I never bothered with the belt loop cutting and folding thing. I was so skinny the jeans would have fallen down all on their own if I'd done that. I wore a belt to hold them up.

These days high school guys wear their jeans with their whole ass exposed anyway, so there probably isn't much point in pulling them down. It is really amusing to watch these fellows try an walk around without losing their pants.

Prime, did you ever make a conscious effort to try to put on some more mass back then or did you just naturally fill out in the end?

What kind of weight gainer supplements were around then or did you just try to eat more at the dinner table?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2013, 01:42:32 PM »
Prime, did you ever make a conscious effort to try to put on some more mass back then or did you just naturally fill out in the end?

What kind of weight gainer supplements were around then or did you just try to eat more at the dinner table?

Boy oh boy, did I ever make every effort to put on more mass back when I was a skinny teenager. Supplements weren't as prevalent, I don't think. At least I didn't know about them. The meals my mom made were sensibly portioned and mostly healthy. There was no way I could add mass eating what she fixed. Her grocery choices were healthy as well. There was always loads of fresh fruit and vegetables in the house. Junk foods were almost nonexistent. Using what we had around the house, I took to making banana milk shakes. I made these by putting one banana, a couple of eggs and whole milk in the blender. Sometimes, I'd add in wheat germ which made the milkshake grainy.

Despite my best efforts, I still didn't gain weight. I was exceptionally active, which might have had something to do with this. Anyway, my parents took me to the doctor to see if there was something physically wrong with me. The doctor put me on 5 mg of D-bol (which was legal in those days) a day and a booster shot once a week, which I suspect was testosterone. Gradually, I started gaining some weight, but not huge amounts. The hysterical thing is nobody thought about or mentioned lifting weights. It wasn't as common an activity as it is today. During a couple of cycles of this regime I gained about 20 lbs. When I was a young adult, I started lifting weights, saw a doctor who again prescribed D-bol and I gained about 30 more pounds by the time I was 19.

As an adult, I've been fairly committed to weight training most of the time. My adult weight has been as low as 155 lbs. and as high as 225 lbs. When I was 225 lbs., I was on a cycle of D-bol and was weight training at least 5 days a week. I had also quit smoking at that time. As a mature person, my weight has ranged from 185 to about 215 lbs. I am currently on HRT to treat low testosterone. Of course, my metabolism is much slower now then it once was. I no longer drink banana milk shakes. LOL!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2013, 02:17:29 PM »
it is explainable, but not sure you want to hear the explanation.
;D

By inexplicable I mean contrary to one's rarional sense. Male dominant behavior is a very obvious factor here.
follow the arrows

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2013, 02:20:21 PM »
Yes, more implicitly explicable than explicitly explainable.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2013, 02:25:18 PM »
Yes, more implicitly explicable than explicitly explainable.
That actually is not a nonsensical play on words, regardless of the intention ;D TA is constantly harping on why people do such and such a thing (which us commoners engage in) which just makes me think he is socially awkward, and doesn't understand those 'implicitly explicable things' :P
follow the arrows

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »
What precisely is the point to all of that?

And the wandering around in nothing but boxers?  No, nothing homoerotic about that whatsoever.  :-\

How were you complicit in any of this?  How would anyone with a rational mind be willing to do this?  For what purpose?

Not sure of the point, other than some sort of pyramid scheme where as you can mess with someone later on.  Other than that, looking back, would I change any of it? No, but I sure as hell would not do it as an "adult".  At 18 you are a bit impressionable, and see it as something to be part of.  I have to admit, looking back on it, it wasn't all that bad, just mentally tiring.  Like I said, nothing I would call queer, but more or less push ups, calisthenics and other things to keep you in shape.  Probably what most would call "crossfit", just with beer and women involved.  It was a good tool for networking, and learning a bit a bit about the hierarchy of things.  Did they not have any organizations like this at your school?  Now, had they had me doing some sort of "elephant walk" or cookie game, I would have been out.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2013, 02:34:02 PM »
Not sure of the point, other than some sort of pyramid scheme where as you can mess with someone later on.  Other than that, looking back, would I change any of it? No, but I sure as hell would not do it as an "adult".  At 18 you are a bit impressionable, and see it as something to be part of.  I have to admit, looking back on it, it wasn't all that bad, just mentally tiring.  Like I said, nothing I would call queer, but more or less push ups, calisthenics and other things to keep you in shape.  Probably what most would call "crossfit", just with beer and women involved.  It was a good tool for networking, and learning a bit a bit about the hierarchy of things.  Did they not have any organizations like this at your school?  Now, had they had me doing some sort of "elephant walk" or cookie game, I would have been out.

For most people that were a part of fraternities, it was some of the most fun times of our lives. (Once again no gay shit included. I've never heard or known anyone who had to do that to join a fraternity.)

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2013, 04:45:41 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/anal-hazing-apparently-thing-american-high-schools-now-140040056.html

In the last year, there have been more than a dozen hazing incidents around the country involving high school boys who have sodomized other boys with foreign objects, reports Bloomberg. Over 40 boys have been reported victims. Most have been younger students.

There’s a dearth of data concerning the size and scope of the national boy-on-boy anal hazing problem. Astonishingly, though, a study published in the Journal of Youth and Adolescence has claimed that nearly 10 percent of high school males report suffering some form of sexual assault including, in some cases, forced oral sex or rape.

Social media plays a big role in the spread of hazing in high schools, asserts Susan Lipkins, a New York psychologist who has studied the phenomenon. High schoolers learn new and more brutal ways to haze thanks to virtual communities.

“Each time a hazing occurs, the perpetrators add their own mark to it by increasing the pain or humiliation,” Lipkins told Bloomberg.

A sampling of recent incidents certainly demonstrates creative cruelty.

Three former soccer players at La Puente High School in the suburban sprawl east of Los Angeles were convicted of sexually assaulting other students with a javelin and a broken flagpole, reports Southern California Public Radio.

A bit farther east, in Fontana, Calif., underage students allegedly tried to place a piece of rebar inside the anal cavity of another student, according to NBC Southern California. There was a similar incident involving a broom handle. Prosecutors say a masonry teacher was present at the time and knew what was happening.

In tiny Greenfield, Iowa, a group of members of the Nodaway Valley High School wrestling team allegedly pinned down a 16-year-old teammate and sexually assaulted him because he had missed practice. An unidentified student told ABC affiliate KCRG that older wrestlers ordinarily forced jump role handles into the anuses of younger wrestlers who missed practice or failed to make weight.

At New York’s fancypants Bronx High School of Science, three members of the track team stand accused of violently sexual abusing at least one younger student, reports CBS New York.

“You need a good fingering, you freshman,” one of the attackers allegedly told the victim at one point.

In the suburbs of Chicago, prosecutors say a group of older soccer players at Maine West High School sodomized several younger players with fingers or sticks, says WLS-TV.

The embattled coach, Michael DiVincenzo, is charged with abetting the hazing abuse.

“He himself threatened players that he would order varsity players to perpetrate acts of violence and hazing upon these young men,” charged a prosecutor in the criminal case against the coach, according to the Niles Herald-Spectator.

Bloomberg covers the horrifying, fascinating details of another case that occurred in 2012 in the tiny ranching town of Norwood, Colorado. Three varsity wrestlers bound a 13-year-old boy with duct tape on a bus — at the state wrestling meet — and sodomized him with a pencil.

The wrestling coach was the father of two of the attackers. The victim’s father was the principal of the school’s single, all-grade public school.

The superintendent gave the assailants a one-day, in-school suspension.

The unnamed principal confronted the wrestling coach. After initially denying the incident, the coach allegedly said, “This happens 1,000 times a day around the U.S.”

Students teased the 13-year-old boy. “What’s been stuck up your butt today?” they would ask.

The townies sided overwhelmingly with the coach and the pencil-wielding attackers.

“I got bullied as a kid because I had long hair and earrings,” a local carpenter told Bloomberg. “I played football, baseball and soccer and the older kids bullied me. But we always shook hands and it would be over with. But today, you can get prosecuted. It has all gone too far.”

“When I was in school there might have been bullying, but there was none of this crap about telling the school,” added the carpenter’s husband.

The principal eventually had to accept a buyout of his contract and move to another Colorado town.

The wrestling coach is still employed by the school.

The sexual assault craze that is sweeping America’s schools isn’t limited to hazing, or anal violations, or high schools.

Three male students — two third-graders and a fifth-grader — at an elementary school in New York City forced a third-grade boy to perform oral sex on them, according to a disturbing lawsuit. (RELATED: Three grade-school boys allegedly forced third-grader to perform oral sex on them)

The March 2012 incident allegedly occurred in a bathroom at Public School 194 in Harlem. The eight-year-old victim was standing in a hallway when the three assailants dragged the boy into a bathroom stall. His pleas for help went unheard.

Bet he's glad he didn't join the baseball team