Author Topic: Yates and his fans when in his prime  (Read 2622 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Yates and his fans when in his prime
« on: January 03, 2006, 01:58:19 PM »
Love him or hate him, one thing was for sure when it came to former Mr O Dorien Yates. He had a legion of hard core fans that loved the guy. I saw him guest pose a few times at various events back in the 90's and when he hit the stage the place became unglued and off the charts.
For whatever reasons, he seemed to strike a cord with the hardcore crowd , they adored him.
As massive as he is, Ronnie does not seem to ignite his fan base when guest posing like Yates could.
That is my perspective...others?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Yates and his fans when in his prime
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 02:03:30 PM »
dorian kept it real coming outta that dungeon in england and beating everybody, being true hardcore and not involved with the bodybuilding "scene" bullshit
i think people liked that.
Z

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 02:09:09 PM »
Ronnie's a bad poser. Kinda awkward up there, like he's toting an uncomfortably heavy weight. Dorian kinda strutted HIS weight.

It's the small things.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 02:12:38 PM »
Love him or hate him, one thing was for sure when it came to former Mr O Dorien Yates. He had a legion of hard core fans that loved the guy . . .

legion?  what are we talking about here, a couple hundred people?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 02:22:45 PM »
legion?  what are we talking about here, a couple hundred people?

You kidding? There are yet to be discovered Aboriginal tribes whose folk chants and hierogliphics, it is said, pay specific homage to "a Great winged bloke of Birmingham."

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 02:24:07 PM »
Love him or hate him, one thing was for sure when it came to former Mr O Dorien Yates. He had a legion of hard core fans that loved the guy. I saw him guest pose a few times at various events back in the 90's and when he hit the stage the place became unglued and off the charts.
For whatever reasons, he seemed to strike a cord with the hardcore crowd , they adored him.
As massive as he is, Ronnie does not seem to ignite his fan base when guest posing like Yates could.

Any pics Howard?

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 02:36:05 PM »
You kidding? There are yet to be discovered Aboriginal tribes whose folk chants and hierogliphics, it is said, pay specific homage to "a Great winged bloke of Birmingham."

Hi Mr. Yates
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 03:31:02 PM »
Hi Mr. Yates

Bollocks!

Uh, bullshit, I meant.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 06:25:22 PM »
dorian kept it real coming outta that dungeon in england and beating everybody, being true hardcore and not involved with the bodybuilding "scene" bullshit
i think people liked that.

exactly...he was a monster coming out of cave to cause total destruction for a short period and then before you knew it he was gone again never to be seen until next year...

Ronnie comes off as a normal guy who just juices alot....

big deal ... there is no mystique about him no air of invincibility....

when Badell beats you(ronnie) in the challenge round you are not that impressive anymore....

and hulk I know dorian voted for ronnie in that round...  ::)

>:(

suckmymuscle

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 06:31:26 PM »

Unlike Ronnie's fans, who belong to the prostate-exploration crowd, using Ronnie's pics as inspiration.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

stomper

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2006, 06:35:04 PM »
i like dorian much better than ronnie, not that he was neccesarily better than ronnie just seemed more hardcore tattoos and ripped clothes not yellow spandex pants

suckmymuscle

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2006, 06:35:26 PM »
exactly...he was a monster coming out of cave to cause total destruction for a short period and then before you knew it he was gone again never to be seen until next year...

Ronnie comes off as a normal guy who just juices alot....

big deal ... there is no mystique about him no air of invincibility....

when Badell beats you(ronnie) in the challenge round you are not that impressive anymore....

and hulk I know dorian voted for ronnie in that round...  ::)

>:(

Sir, this was a brilliant post. Excellent analogy! :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 05:25:52 AM »

Outstanding post.

SUCKMYMUSCLE