Author Topic: I want to move to Texas badly.  (Read 13199 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: I want to move to Texas badly.
« Reply #125 on: November 17, 2013, 10:54:03 AM »
My daughter and her husband would strongly agree with you on this. They can't wait to get the heck out of there. Even the rainy Pacific Northwest is a huge improvement, although they did like living in Hawaii a lot.
Bill Pearl liked Oregon better.

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #126 on: November 17, 2013, 11:29:35 AM »
Just came back from a couple weeks' worth of San Antonio, Austin, and Houston.  Love Texas.  I was surprised to see how cold it got this past week in Houston (around 40 degrees toward night time).  But good people. Can't beat good authentic Mexican and good BBQ there.

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2013, 11:31:46 AM »
Plus, I notice that Longhorns seems to be religion there, am I wrong?  There was way more Longhorns stuff on on the sports bar TVs than the UFC event last weekend.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2013, 12:24:00 PM »
Plus, I notice that Longhorns seems to be religion there, am I wrong?  There was way more Longhorns stuff on on the sports bar TVs than the UFC event last weekend.

No doubt about the Longhorns. 

Maddy

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Watchdog
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2013, 12:32:12 PM »
Just flew back from DFW today. Spent two days in downtown Dallas for the second time in a month and just loved it. Stayed at the Omni Hotel downtown, 220$ a night gets you a 4 stars level room you would pay twice for anywhere else.

People are nice, all gals call you honey, sugar pie and/or sweetheart. I just love it there. Everything is just bigger and better. I heard in the past that Dallas-Fort Worth was dirty and ugly, I don't get it, quite the opposite. There's also an optimism and desire to be good people that intangibly floats in the air.

I actually had trouble with my rental, so pulled over on the express way. took about 5 minutes for someone to pull behind me to see if need help. I said I was on the phone with Hertz and they're sending someone. "Well, wanna beer while we wait" pull a Rubbermaid cooler, just because. Here in Cali, it's most likely you get hit by a  mattress flying off a S10 Mexican pickup truck.

Just saying...

Alex23
returning a
shadow of his
formerr self
but for
how long

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2013, 12:36:32 PM »

1 of my buddies breeds Angus, nice juicy beef but caws without horns  :D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2013, 12:37:59 PM »
Just came back from a couple weeks' worth of San Antonio, Austin, and Houston.  Love Texas.  I was surprised to see how cold it got this past week in Houston (around 40 degrees toward night time).  But good people. Can't beat good authentic Mexican and good BBQ there.
houston can get cold as shit.... I assumed its from all the water in the air coming off the ocean. Houston in fall is awesome.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2013, 12:39:12 PM »
Oh shit not 40deg! Haha sorry I live in NE

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2013, 01:30:23 PM »

I'm in MN, so trust me I'm used to the freezing cold.  Came to Texas partly to escape the cold, only to find out that earlier in the week Houston was just as warm as Minneapolis!   :o

PS- I went to "Twin Peaks" for the first time.  Some fine hos there, better than a lot of Hooters I've been to.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2013, 01:47:48 PM »

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2013, 01:48:53 PM »
1 of my buddies breeds Angus, nice juicy beef but caws without horns  :D

>:( :'(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »
depends on where you are, there are plenty of aggies running around too ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2013, 02:38:17 PM »
houston can get cold as shit.... I assumed its from all the water in the air coming off the ocean. Houston in fall is awesome.
lot of humidity makes it a wet, bone chilling cold

now you know how we feel when you guys are ranting and raving about 90 degrees in the summer

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2013, 05:12:57 PM »
The only other state I'd consider living in besides Florida is the great state of Texas. I prefer the Austin area. My former boss has lived all over the US and always talked positive about Texas. He eventually moved back.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2013, 05:26:59 PM »
Texas will be the first state the drones fly over and the govt takes out.... keep moving all into the same area.. your govt thanks you

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2013, 05:45:47 PM »
What are people so allergic to in Texas?
I would like to know this also.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2013, 05:50:21 PM »
Mexicans.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2013, 06:36:52 PM »
Texas will be the first state the drones fly over and the govt takes out.... keep moving all into the same area.. your govt thanks you

lol

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »
I like the accent though.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2013, 08:24:29 PM »
I like the accent though.
accents can very from twangy hick to neutral midwest

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2013, 09:25:16 PM »
My daughter and her husband would strongly agree with you on this. They can't wait to get the heck out of there. Even the rainy Pacific Northwest is a huge improvement, although they did like living in Hawaii a lot.

I loved Hawaii and the weather is heaven on earth.  My nephew and his wife are stationed there.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2013, 07:20:40 AM »

I forgot all the specifics, but the central texas area has all the necessary factors and conditions to make it a kind of 'perfect storm'  for airborne allergies. Lots of our tree species offload tons of pollens. I suffer from extremely bad allergies here, as do many others, yet some are totally unaffected. A lot of people who come from other places find that as soon as they get here they start sneezing like crazy. West texas is desert so there the allergies are not bad. But the hill country, wooded areas are unfortunately a nightmare for those prone to suffering allergies.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:59 AM »
Bill Pearl liked Oregon better.

I've lived in both Seattle and Portland area and I can tell you I liked living in Vancouver, WA. All the tax perks but shop in Oregon. Portland is like Seattle except less black people but more hippies and half the rain fall. Great for outdoor people even motorcycle riders. Great track there and you got Mt Hood, the coast and Mt St Helens...all great rides

Lived in Hawaii and would NEVER move there. Expensive and racist as hell there.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2013, 09:26:03 AM »
I've lived in both Seattle and Portland area and I can tell you I liked living in Vancouver, WA. All the tax perks but shop in Oregon. Portland is like Seattle except less black people but more hippies and half the rain fall. Great for outdoor people even motorcycle riders. Great track there and you got Mt Hood, the coast and Mt St Helens...all great rides

Hippies are cool and I like motorcycles. I may check it out.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #149 on: November 22, 2013, 08:37:50 AM »

How so?
®