Author Topic: What do you think Republicans should do now?  (Read 976 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
What do you think Republicans should do now?
« on: November 14, 2013, 07:13:44 AM »
Do you think Republicans should bring to the floor a proposal to force insurance companies to extend coverage for 1 year or is there something else they can offer?

Why should Republicans bail out the dumocrats?

Some people will see this as helping the american people. I think there is a much better way to look out for the best interest of the people and I don't feel Reps are even thinking about it.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: What do you think Republicans should do now?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 07:38:35 AM »
They need to focus on hammering home the point that THEY SAID THIS WOULD HAPPEN. They need to continuously point out the hypocrisy of how badly Cruz and the tea party was being demonized for fighting this and asking for delay in individual mandate, and now the Dems are asking for the SAME EXACT THING.

Those two points need to be hammered home repeatedly. This was voted for by ZERO repubs and they need to make sure the Dems own it fully.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 08:37:06 AM »
Do you think Republicans should bring to the floor a proposal to force insurance companies to extend coverage for 1 year or is there something else they can offer?

Why should Republicans bail out the dumocrats?

Some people will see this as helping the american people. I think there is a much better way to look out for the best interest of the people and I don't feel Reps are even thinking about it.

Shoot themselves :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 08:45:32 AM »
Sit back...grab some popcorn and let the failure...fail.
L

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 08:51:15 AM »
They need to focus on hammering home the point that THEY SAID THIS WOULD HAPPEN. They need to continuously point out the hypocrisy of how badly Cruz and the tea party was being demonized for fighting this and asking for delay in individual mandate, and now the Dems are asking for the SAME EXACT THING.

Those two points need to be hammered home repeatedly. This was voted for by ZERO repubs and they need to make sure the Dems own it fully.

In addition to this, they should propose to repeal crapcare.  To abolish that garbage legislation.

They should not propose any legislation to force insurance companies to continue those cancelled policies. Conservatives do not believe in a governemnt that forces people to buy a product and we shouldn't support efforts to force companies to sell a certain product. This is intrusion of the free market.

The only solution here is to abolish crapcare and open up the market for insurance companies to compete over state lines.  This is much better than socialized medicine.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 08:52:01 AM »

Shoot themselves :)

You first. Don't forget to have your boyfriend post the video on YouTube.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 08:54:37 AM »
Yeah...once it fails...repeal it. Then push open market insurance, tort reformand one or 2 things that people liked from ocare..keeping kids on policies longer and the pre existing conditions. I'd also look at all the shady shit the insurance compaines pull to try and get out of payments.
L

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 09:07:17 AM »
Obama and the left dishonest ego won't allow them to do the right thing and repeal it. The have to make up lies to get out or cover up the last lie. Krauthammer said this maybe the end of liberalism, while I disagree, this just takes their dishonesty to a whole other level. You even have dems and other liberals saying he crossed the line. They have ruined what little credibility they might have had.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 09:11:19 AM »
Yeah...once it fails...repeal it. Then push open market insurance, tort reformand one or 2 things that people liked from ocare..keeping kids on policies longer and the pre existing conditions. I'd also look at all the shady shit the insurance compaines pull to try and get out of payments.
Exactly.

Republicans should not be playing this game of trying to fix it.

Let the democrats hang themselves.

The only solution now is to start over. Tell the people that if they think is bad now, wait until the employer mandate ends. Wait until your doctor finds out he is not in your medical plan or that you can't go to the best hospitals. Show them that the only solutions are  true free market in the medical field and government staying out of the patient-doctor relationship.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 09:19:30 AM »
It can't be repealed until the Dems lose majority control of the government. For now all they can do is just allow it to do its damage and hammer home that they tried to stop it and the dems called them terrorists.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 10:50:48 AM »
Why are you right-wingers so angry then ???

You KNOW Obamacare is gonna be a disastor and Repub DID try to repeal it.

It should be smooth sailing for the GOP from now on. Enjoy :)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 11:35:12 AM »
It can't be repealed until the Dems lose majority control of the government. For now all they can do is just allow it to do its damage and hammer home that they tried to stop it and the dems called them terrorists.

Maybe...but this thing has been worse then people thought. The GOP/Tea party knew or thought they knew this was going to suck. They didn't know that Obama was so fucked up that he couldn't get even the simple shit like signing up right. Plus we haven't even hit the big disaster that will be when companies are no longer exempt and start dropping coverage for their employee's. That hits next year and will hit a hell of alot more people. The folks in Congress know Obama is a lame duck. When that really kicks in will be when those in Congress fear for their jobs...then they abandon him in  droves or risk getting shitcannned themselves. Its already happening....so to my point, maybe it gets repealed earlier.
L

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 11:49:31 AM »

True.

But at the same time by presenting such a motion they can show the nation where they stand. I think that is better than try to fix it and helping the democrats.

Let'em hang and hang high.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 12:28:24 PM »
divide between the teabaggers and the rinos.
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 04:27:33 PM »
Maybe...but this thing has been worse then people thought. The GOP/Tea party knew or thought they knew this was going to suck. They didn't know that Obama was so fucked up that he couldn't get even the simple shit like signing up right.

Lol that last part is true.

Plus we haven't even hit the big disaster that will be when companies are no longer exempt and start dropping coverage for their employee's. That hits next year and will hit a hell of alot more people. The folks in Congress know Obama is a lame duck. When that really kicks in will be when those in Congress fear for their jobs...then they abandon him in  droves or risk getting shitcannned themselves. Its already happening....so to my point, maybe it gets repealed earlier.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 08:00:33 PM »
Maybe...but this thing has been worse then people thought. The GOP/Tea party knew or thought they knew this was going to suck. They didn't know that Obama was so fucked up that he couldn't get even the simple shit like signing up right. Plus we haven't even hit the big disaster that will be when companies are no longer exempt and start dropping coverage for their employee's. That hits next year and will hit a hell of alot more people. The folks in Congress know Obama is a lame duck. When that really kicks in will be when those in Congress fear for their jobs...then they abandon him in  droves or risk getting shitcannned themselves. Its already happening....so to my point, maybe it gets repealed earlier.

Obama will still have the power of executive order... amnesty, gun control, climate change, you name it.

Sure, repubs can try to win the white house and reverse shit... but Bush let that bullshit anti-gun Brady Bill go for 3 more years into his term (and even said he would EXTEND it if he could)

I have to think whatever bullshit obama pulls once he's truly lame duck - there's no coming back from that stuff.  But since a grand total of ZERO repubs will start impeachment proceedings, well, hey, enjoy liberal America, you did nothing to fight it when you knew it was coming!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 09:53:38 PM »
Obama will still have the power of executive order... amnesty, gun control, climate change, you name it.

Sure, repubs can try to win the white house and reverse shit... but Bush let that bullshit anti-gun Brady Bill go for 3 more years into his term (and even said he would EXTEND it if he could)

I have to think whatever bullshit obama pulls once he's truly lame duck - there's no coming back from that stuff.  But since a grand total of ZERO repubs will start impeachment proceedings, well, hey, enjoy liberal America, you did nothing to fight it when you knew it was coming!

Coach - I did predict this.   See? 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 10:08:09 PM »
Coach - I did predict this.   See? 

Post the thread link not just the quote. Need to see the context of this. Thanks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 10:20:34 PM »
Post the thread link not just the quote. Need to see the context of this. Thanks.

LOL scroll up.  It's the post directly above the one I posted :)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=505989.msg7141517#msg7141517

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2015, 05:41:28 AM »
LOL scroll up.  It's the post directly above the one I posted :)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=505989.msg7141517#msg7141517

LOL!

He missed it by a mile because he had too many Obama tears in his eyes.