Author Topic: Religion, where maybe is good enough  (Read 7657 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Religion, where maybe is good enough
« on: November 14, 2013, 07:32:48 AM »
If you dated a chick and she said maybe she'll be faithful to you, would you marry her?
If your bank said that maybe your money will be safe, would you invest?
Would you try a bungee jump if they said maybe you'll survive?

Then why do religious people talk in fact and believe 100% that maybe there's a heaven, maybe there's a god?

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
Re: Religion, where maybe is good enough
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 07:33:56 AM »
desperation and fear above all
North of Italy

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 07:34:47 AM »
Because people are fucking dumb and would likely go ahead with those examples you gave also.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 07:39:20 AM »
If you dated a chick and she said maybe she'll be faithful to you, would you marry her?

Then why do religious people talk in fact and believe 100% that maybe there's a heaven, maybe there's a god?

I now believe 100% today because of experiences I've had in my life.....that wasn't always the case.    I've repeatedly experienced the presence of God in my life. 

It's hard to put those experiences into words for others that have not.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 07:43:01 AM »
I now believe 100% today because of experiences I've had in my life.....that wasn't always the case.    I've repeatedly experienced the presence of God in my life. 

Exactly...a religious person doesn't believe that "maybe" there's a God, they believe w 100% conviction even though there's no conclusive evidence.

They don't need evidence, because they have FAITH

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 07:56:49 AM »
Exactly...a religious person doesn't believe that "maybe" there's a God, they believe w 100% conviction even though there's no conclusive evidence.

They don't need evidence, because they have FAITH

Actually there's a lot of evidence.  There's even testable, repeatable proof.   Faith is absolutely a part of belief, but it's not generically blind like so many label it....there's full assurance in faith.   Faith isn't ignorantly unsupported, it grows and matures and solidifies. 

So many demand proof for an infinite, transcendant God via finite, scientific methods.   The demands are illogical from the start.....you can't force the creator into a box created by his creation.  To understand God means submitting to his terms and forgoing your own.....many people refuse to do that.....I can't force anyone to change.   They have to honestly want to change.....only then they can be encouraged and assisted.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 08:01:45 AM »

These all present the possibility of a practical, measurable shitstorm of misadventure.  Leaving aside the fringe nutjobs, the worst you can really say if the [modern] religious are wrong is that their comfort was unjustified.  Maybe.  Comfort is enviable whatever its basis.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 08:03:20 AM »

Can you describe what you mean by experiencing God?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 08:16:11 AM »
Can you describe what you mean by experiencing God?

Absolutely, I'll do my best so bear with me LOL!

The times I feel the presence of God occurs most often in moments of private prayer and worship.   Christians will sometimes refer to the "washing over of the Holy Spirit" LOL....I know that sounds strange.   The name of the Lord is powerful and when I call upon in it prayer or worship (at home, in my truck, even at work) I sometimes feel the Spirit of God envelop me or "wash over me".  I feel warmth all over, tingling on my skin, sometimes I feel the presence so strong it's as if I'm moving through denser air.  I feel love.  I feel peace.  I feel Jesus Christ.  Some folks have experienced sweet smells out of nowhere (I have not experienced that before).  I have felt fear flee almost instantly when I call on the name of the Lord and it is replaced by peace and warmth.  No drugs, no alcohol, no meds, no other stimuli.  Also it does not occur from inside me or radiate from within me.  It isn't an inside out experience, this occurs from the outside in.  Moments of private prayer and worship are those times where I connect with Lord.....I've literally felt the sensation as though I'm being embraced in moments of prayer.   I've even felt his presence while studying my bible or reading other theological materials.  I've felt his presence envelop me at church and when in discussions with family and friends.   I've even felt his presence while I post about him on Getbig.  It doesn't happen everyday, but I enjoy those precious moments when it does.   

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 08:21:06 AM »

The times I feel the presence of God occurs most often in moments of private prayer and worship.   Christians will sometimes refer to the "washing over of the Holy Spirit" LOL....I know that sounds strange.   The name of the Lord is powerful and when I call upon in it prayer or worship (at home, in my truck, even at work) I sometimes feel the Spirit of God envelop me or "wash over me".  I feel warmth all over, tingling on my skin, sometimes I feel the presence so strong it's as if I'm moving through denser air.  I feel love.  I feel peace.  I feel Jesus Christ.  Some folks have experienced sweet smells out of nowhere (I have not experienced that before).  I have felt fear flee almost instantly when I call on the name of the Lord and it is replaced by peace and warmth.  No drugs, no alcohol, no meds, no other stimuli.  Also it does not occur from inside me or radiate from within me.  It isn't an inside out experience, this occurs from the outside in.  Moments of private prayer and worship are those times where I connect with Lord.....I've literally felt the sensation as though I'm being embraced in moments of prayer.   I've even felt his presence while studying my bible or reading other theological materials.  I've felt his presence envelop me at church and when in discussions with family and friends.   I've even felt his presence while I post about him on Getbig.  It doesn't happen everyday, but I enjoy those precious moments when it does.   

Take a shot of heroin and you feel the same sensation.  I'm not joking.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 08:27:58 AM »

Interesting. Has this been going on your whole life? Or was it a particular spiritual experience that started it all? Or a period of time perhaps..

bicepsofsteel

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 08:28:28 AM »
There's even testable, repeatable proof. 

Cool, please supply the links to this info, really looking forward to reading it.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2013, 08:29:33 AM »

This happens with people who meditate.  Where you feel Jesus, they feel something else.  Do you feel stressed or think of bad issues when you cum?  That euphoric feeling you get at that moment?

the trainer

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2013, 08:33:26 AM »

Ask yourself if you follow the principles of the bible like do unto others as you would have then do unto you, dont steal etc, dont you think it would make your life better, and you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by believing that there is a god, because if in the end we find out that their is a god and you die refusing to believe then you are fucked my friend.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2013, 08:44:03 AM »
Cool, please supply the links to this info, really looking forward to reading it.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+1

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 08:49:12 AM »
This happens with people who meditate.  Where you feel Jesus, they feel something else.  Do you feel stressed or think of bad issues when you cum?  That euphoric feeling you get at that moment?
Yes others engaging in other religions or faiths that do not support Jesus Christ have experience feelings of euphoria or even the miraculous.   We live in a world ruled by the enemy of Christ and it was Jesus Christ that warned us of the potential for others to engage in, experience and display the supernatural via demons.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 08:57:56 AM »
yeap, thought as much.

The procedure to test and repeat the Christian witness is contained within.  

Remember, you can live out this life however you choose, but to know God within your life requires you to submit to his terms.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 09:01:30 AM »
I thought God is balance and equillibrium itself, thus neutral.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 09:02:42 AM »
Ask yourself if you follow the principles of the bible like do unto others as you would have then do unto you, dont steal etc, dont you think it would make your life better, and you have nothing to lose and everything to gain by believing that there is a god, because if in the end we find out that their is a god and you die refusing to believe then you are fucked my friend.

So spend your whole life believing in something that may or may not exist.  Sounds like a foolish idea.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 09:19:50 AM »
I thought God is balance and equillibrium itself, thus neutral.

Neutrality would imply that God has no position one way or another.   Neutrality is often spoken of in terms of warfare.  Within the context of spiritual warfare that would mean God has no position, but that isn't the case.  A spiritual war exists because there are those that oppose God and all that he is.  God is holy and just.  His divine justice speaks to his divine law.  God is the law.  If no consequences exist for breaking the law then the law is meaningless, but God's law is purposeful, firm and eternal.   Since God is the law and carries out the consequences of that law he is not neutral.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 09:23:00 AM »
God is all encompassing so it allows all possibilities to manifest. No need to "judge".

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 09:24:58 AM »
So spend your whole life believing in something that may or may not exist.  Sounds like a foolish idea.

If a person honestly and sincerely wants to know God and approaches that pursuit with genuine humility inaccordance with God's terms outlined in biblical scripture he will reveal himself to that person and that person will find salvation and the revelation of God in their life.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 09:34:50 AM »
God is all encompassing so it allows all possibilities to manifest. No need to "judge".
God’s forgiveness and judgement go hand-in-hand.  God’s forgiveness is the divine pardoning of the believer’s sins and aligns the believer with Jesus Christ.  As people we can forgive one another, but that forgiveness is more about us and not the person forgiven; in essence, we have forgiven someone else and let go of the circumstance that has caused us trouble or pain.  The one we forgave can continue on and act in the same manner that caused us pain.   For God forgiveness is reversed….it’s again about us….it’s always about us.    The divine judgement of God is the other side of the coin meant for those that have not chosen him.  

The judgement of God is meant for our edification, not his….he already knows, we do not (at least those that don’t belief).  It’s the ultimate courtroom in which those that have chosen not to align themselves with God will fully understand the ramifications of their choice before being eternally separated from him (all this honored per the request of the nonbeliever).   God did not create us to reject him, he created us to choose him like he chose us.

The purpose of God’s law is not punishment, the purpose of God’s law is freedom from sin.  Sin is what shackles us, not the law.  The law of God reveals the sin in our lives and provides a means to free us from our shackles.   Christ then came as the perfect fulfillment of the law…the perfect gift of love that forever provides the pathway to freedom.    The sin we indulge in is the illusion of freedom, but true freedom comes from aligning ourselves with God.  No longer must we shed the blood of the perfect specimens of our herds, provide grain offerings, etc..……the Son of God established a new convenant so that all can come to him and free themselves from their shackles.    

Again God doesn’t need us to appease himself, but if we want to be aligned with him we must accept his law.  Again the framework of the scenario you present focuses on the “what God needs”, but the true focus is what we need….that’s always tends to be missed.   The law is meant for us, but God willingly fulfilled his law for us when he didn’t have to and demonstrated for us what it means to sacrifice and love others when they truly don’t deserve it.

Jesus Christ’s act on Calvary’s cross was not required, it didn’t have to happen.  It was an act of love given to us who did not deserve it so that we may be set free from the bonds of sin.  Although first we must acknowledge that we are sinners and thereinlies the rub LOL!!  

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 09:36:28 AM »
I hope you realise that the Bible is symbolic and not meant to be taken literally as a story ..