Author Topic: PIP - ice bag or heat pad?  (Read 6943 times)

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
PIP - ice bag or heat pad?
« on: November 14, 2013, 10:29:14 PM »
bad injection yesterday,i think hit a nerve or something,today can't even bend my legs for more than 45degrees

what do you guys use to at least lessen the pip?
T

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
Re: PIP - ice bag or heat pad?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 12:09:35 AM »
i thought advil is stronger in reducing pain?
T

whitewidow

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 11:29:27 AM »
 I think you should try out for the mod position on steroidolology biard there you could get rud if your gear free ost a bTest E,Tren E and aceate as wll as ty/Go for it get hired and get a skeaxt npo                                                                                                   

aintitgrand

• Getbig II
  • I don't blast and cruise. I blast then up the dose
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 11:42:04 AM »
I think you should try out for the mod position on steroidolology biard there you could get rud if your gear free ost a bTest E,Tren E and aceate as wll as ty/Go for it get hired and get a skeaxt npo                                                                                                   
Did you have a seizure mid-writing that? Wtf am I reading after "steroidolology"?

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 04:39:13 PM »
Cinnamon, ginger, curcumin, tumeric etc all reduce systemic inflammation
Spice your foods

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 06:23:15 AM »
never ice for PIP, always apply heat.

I have a heating pad I like to use sometimes, but mostly I like to get a wash towel soak it in water and then put it in the mircrowave for about 45 seconds and it's super hot, let it cool down a bit after injections and then apply it. Works pretty amazing.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, 08:20:40 AM »
yeah i used heatpad,and i took tylenol,or paracetamol as we call it here and it helps a lot with pain,i think will be gone by tomorrow
T

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 04:03:29 PM »
i would just leave the site alone and take painkillers, i think you can cause added irritation which could make it more serious by fuckin around with the site.

People think only bacteria can cause abscesses, but you can also get them from injecting into a site to often, not giving the previous oil time to dissipate properly, which is due to irritation rather than bacteria being introduced. Never get why people mess around with a pipy injection site.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 04:39:38 PM »
never ice for PIP, always apply heat.

I have a heating pad I like to use sometimes, but mostly I like to get a wash towel soak it in water and then put it in the mircrowave for about 45 seconds and it's super hot, let it cool down a bit after injections and then apply it. Works pretty amazing.

Adding to this, applying ice will crystallise the hormone and stop it from dissipating
Hopping in the shower or training the muscle group you injected into is a good thing to do post injection

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 01:21:49 AM »
Never use the same pin twice + massage injection site 2 min after shot + HG oil= this never happening again

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 04:07:41 AM »
Never use the same pin twice + massage injection site 2 min after shot + HG oil= this never happening again
ah NOT

Bad injections are bad injections, sure most human grade have very little pip but so do good ug  labs.

Here is my advice, never buy gear that hurts, period. If the shit is painful, it's not done by a good chef.

dustin

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 12:33:48 PM »
ah NOT

Bad injections are bad injections, sure most human grade have very little pip but so do good ug  labs.

Here is my advice, never buy gear that hurts, period. If the shit is painful, it's not done by a good chef.

Truth. I've had bad injections with HG gear which sent me into a spiral of anxiety and confusion. But my gear was certainly legit. Shallow injections, hitting a nerve, hitting a bolus of oil which hasn't COMPLETELY dissipated, etc. It can take a long time for muscle to become tolerant towards IM injections again. You can get away with pinning often, but I'm talking about really really healing up. Bad injections just happen sometimes. Had my first shitty delt shot in a while, but pinned the other delt and it's fully healed already. It's just the way she goes.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 09:59:06 PM »
Truth. I've had bad injections with HG gear which sent me into a spiral of anxiety and confusion. But my gear was certainly legit. Shallow injections, hitting a nerve, hitting a bolus of oil which hasn't COMPLETELY dissipated, etc. It can take a long time for muscle to become tolerant towards IM injections again. You can get away with pinning often, but I'm talking about really really healing up. Bad injections just happen sometimes. Had my first shitty delt shot in a while, but pinned the other delt and it's fully healed already. It's just the way she goes.
yup, spot on, good post

whitewidow

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 05:27:15 PM »
bad injection yesterday,i think hit a nerve or something,today can't even bend my legs for more than 45degrees

what do you guys use to at least lessen the pip?

Def Ice bag and some advil.If you get a abcess get a good anti-biotic like levaquin

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2013, 01:41:25 AM »
Could be you twitched your butt while the pin was in. I used to get that when was a noob.
$

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 08:25:55 PM »
Could be you twitched your butt while the pin was in. I used to get that when was a noob.

Twitched his butt, lol don't know how that's done. Maybe he was jigling the needle too much.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 09:26:48 AM »
Twitched his butt, lol don't know how that's done. Maybe he was jigling the needle too much.
really  ???

I would suspect this has happened to everyone that pins glutes, this is very common. While the pin is in deep you can get a muscle twitch, like a 1 second spasm and it fucken hurts.

Dago_Joe

• Getbig III
  • Better to look good than to feel good: ALWAYS
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2013, 09:32:21 AM »
i would just leave the site alone and take painkillers, i think you can cause added irritation which could make it more serious by fuckin around with the site.

People think only bacteria can cause abscesses, but you can also get them from injecting into a site to often, not giving the previous oil time to dissipate properly, which is due to irritation rather than bacteria being introduced. Never get why people mess around with a pipy injection site.

Good point.  Sterile abscesses hurt almost as bad as an infected abscess.  Plus you don't absorb as much precious gear that way.  It just pools there.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 11:20:12 AM »
really  ???

I would suspect this has happened to everyone that pins glutes, this is very common. While the pin is in deep you can get a muscle twitch, like a 1 second spasm and it fucken hurts.

Oh ok. I've gotten post twitch, not during. Muscles have spasmed afterwards, namely after hitting delts. It never would hurt though.

aintitgrand

• Getbig II
  • I don't blast and cruise. I blast then up the dose
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 01:14:20 PM »
Oh ok. I've gotten post twitch, not during. Muscles have spasmed afterwards, namely after hitting delts. It never would hurt though.

I've had my quads twitch as I pushed the needle in, but never hurts, just a weird "jolt" feeling for half a second.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2013, 07:44:12 AM »
I've had my quads twitch as I pushed the needle in, but never hurts, just a weird "jolt" feeling for half a second.
Ya that is what I was trying to describe on my glutes, but sometimes it happens while you are halfway through your shot, dam I hate that