Author Topic: NOAH (2014) - Starring Russell Crowe, Anthony Hopkins  (Read 15403 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
NOAH (2014) - Starring Russell Crowe, Anthony Hopkins
« on: November 15, 2013, 07:48:17 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: NOAH (2014) - Starring Russell Crowe, Anthony Hopkins
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 07:56:39 AM »
 :'(

Correspondence to religious accounts of Noah

Noah is an important figure in Christianity, Islam, and Judaism, with accounts in both the Bible/Torah and Qu'ran.

When Christian screenwriter Brian Godawa acquired a copy of the script in October 2012, he posted an evaluation on his website with the title "Darren Aronofsky's Noah: Environmentalist Wacko". Comparing it to what is said in the Bible, he said "If you were expecting a Biblically faithful retelling of the story of the greatest mariner in history and a tale of redemption and obedience to God you’ll be sorely disappointed." He predicted that the film "will be rejected by millions of devoted Bible readers worldwide because once again it subverts their own sacred narrative with a political agenda of pagan earth religion that is offensive to their Faith."[33]

Producer Scott Franklin told Entertainment Weekly, "Noah is a very short section of the Bible with a lot of gaps, so we definitely had to take some creative expression in it. But I think we stayed very true to the story and didn't really deviate from the Bible, despite the six-armed angels."[34]

"Worrisome" feedback from largely religious audiences at test screenings in October 2013 led The Hollywood Reporter to report on tensions between Aronofsky and Paramount over control of the final cut.[35][31]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah_%28film%29#Correspondence_to_religious_accounts_of_Noah

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 09:00:57 AM »
Thx for this loco!!  I had no idea this was being made.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 10:10:01 AM »
It's hollywood what do you expect?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »
Any of y'all gonna check this out when it releases?   I'm sure I will see it at some point.   I want it to be awesome, but I'm skeptical given exactly what ahmed said, "It's hollywood".

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 07:43:22 AM »
Damn, Anthony Hopkins refuses to age!

Given how easily persuaded the public is, it will be interesting to see how much new interest this film sparks in Old Testament literature. Do you (anyone) believe that this film will serve as a catalyst for future biblical blockbusters?

What are some other past Bible-based movies outside of the obvious cinematic legends like The Ten Commandments and Passion?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 07:21:29 AM »

Given how easily persuaded the public is, it will be interesting to see how much new interest this film sparks in Old Testament literature. Do you (anyone) believe that this film will serve as a catalyst for future biblical blockbusters?

What are some other past Bible-based movies outside of the obvious cinematic legends like The Ten Commandments and Passion?

So far, it seems this Noah movie won't be popular among Christians, Jews and Muslims.  So it probably won't do well in the box office.  If that's the case, then this movie will not serve as a catalyst for future biblical blockbusters.

The Ten Commandments and the Passion are pretty much it.  I can't think of any other Biblical movie that made as much money as these two.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 07:50:42 AM »
There has been a lot of sea sick puking in that Ark.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 05:27:02 PM »
So far, it seems this Noah movie won't be popular among Christians, Jews and Muslims.  So it probably won't do well in the box office.  If that's the case, then this movie will not serve as a catalyst for future biblical blockbusters.

The Ten Commandments and the Passion are pretty much it.  I can't think of any other Biblical movie that made as much money as these two.

What are you hearing about the Christian and Jew beefs?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 09:13:56 AM »

What are you hearing about the Christian and Jew beefs?

Christians and Jews who have been asked to review the script or see early screenings are saying this film isn't faithful to the Biblical account and that it's more of a "Environmentalist Wacko" film.  

I can see Hollywood distorting the Biblical account and using this film to preach global warming.  

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 09:26:58 AM »
Christians and Jews who have been asked to review the script or see early screenings are saying this film isn't faithful to the Biblical account and that it's more of a "Environmentalist Wacko" film.  

I can see Hollywood distorting the Biblical account and using this film to preach global warming.  

Wouldn't surprise me.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 07:08:37 PM »

I would love to see a movie based on the accounts of the 12 sons of Jacob from the BOOK OF JASHER, on par with the Biblical Nerrative (no contradictions whatsoever) except way more details, especially in the battles they had and they were unbelievably powerful, strength of bulls and ruthless as they come.

They would crush mens skulls with rocks and chop heads and limbs off like nothing, the perfect viscous warriors that were born to massacre

Another part where Jacob himself came behind 2 men that were about to kill one of his sons, they were shoulder to shoulder and Jacob cut them both in half with a single swing (sword)

Some Christians do not agree with the book but the Bible does mention the book of Jasher and to me it is authentic, IMO

As for Noah and Hollywood, lol, they never get it right, they spent millions yet they do not even bother reading the Biblical Narrative properly. Just like Michelangelo's David, the priceless art work that did not even have David circumcised, lol, does anyone even read the Bible  ???

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, 06:20:04 PM »

I can see a movie made out of that passage where the kids are making fun of a fat man and god sends a bear to rip them limb from limb. It has action,bullying etc, I envision a young paul giamatti with the dick of a young Kenny rogers playing the role.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, 06:24:21 PM »
I can see a movie made out of that passage where the kids are making fun of a fat man and god sends a bear to rip them limb from limb. It has action,bullying etc, I envision a young paul giamatti with the dick of a young Kenny rogers playing the role.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Kenny Rogers' dick.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2013, 06:42:04 PM »

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Kenny Rogers' dick.

Like hell you aren't. A cute boi like you?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2013, 02:00:12 AM »
Like hell you aren't. A cute boi like you?

LOL...

I hope you're not on call right now!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2013, 06:36:41 AM »

LOL...

I hope you're not on call right now!

;D

euthanization has been suggested as a course of treatment for me.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2013, 01:16:59 PM »
;D

I would seek a second opinion.
 8)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2013, 04:02:39 PM »
;D

an excellent treatment indeed.
follow the arrows

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2013, 04:36:06 PM »
an excellent treatment indeed.

All fun and games and the terrorist takes it to another level ::)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2013, 01:46:45 PM »
All fun and games and the terrorist takes it to another level ::)
It's what I do baby boo  8)
follow the arrows