Author Topic: Philosophical Bodybuilders  (Read 10886 times)

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Philosophical Bodybuilders
« on: November 15, 2013, 08:09:18 AM »
Have you all noticed that a lot of these type of bodybuilders do not do so well on stage? Do they over think bodybuilding or what? Prime example was Justin Harris, remember him? Top amateur from back in the day..

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Re: Philosophical Bodybuilders
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 08:12:06 AM »
They wasted time thinking about bodybuilding when they should have spent that time injecting more drugs.  Thinking is catabolic
Y

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 08:18:01 AM »
I think obsessing/thinking too much on the subject of bodybuilding is detrimental to goals...Can it burn them out, hurt their diet? Justin had trouble coming in condition...

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 08:18:14 AM »
Have you all noticed that a lot of these type of bodybuilders do not do so well on stage? Do they over think bodybuilding or what? Prime example was Justin Harris, remember him? Top amateur from back in the day..

TO UP THE DOSAGE OR NOT TO UP THE DOSAGE THAT IS THE QUESTION
p

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 08:36:03 AM »
Evan Centopani, seems like a genuinely great guy, interacts with member of MD all the time...Does he over think this shit? He did not do so well in last competition..

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 09:02:43 AM »
wasn't willing alt. couldn't afford to do all the drugs. brains only take you so far. bodybuilding is a drug game.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 09:17:20 AM »
wasn't willing alt. couldn't afford to do all the drugs. brains only take you so far. bodybuilding is a drug game.

They have the mass, but they just do not come in shredded...Kai is one of the most gifted in genetics, coming in 2nd is no joke...Still he does not come in shredded enough to win...I lack knowledge of drugs, but what drugs are they missing to come in shredded? Kai probably uses everything at his disposal...I do not think it is about drugs...They just make it too complicated and get burned out....

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 09:24:52 AM »

Tom Platz compares his life to Jonathan Livingston Seagull. He was as philosophical as they come.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »
Evan Centopani, seems like a genuinely great guy, interacts with member of MD all the time...Does he over think this shit? He did not do so well in last competition..

3rd on the AC 2012 and winning the NY pro, the Flex pro and the Tampa pro isn't that 'bad'...
Had a short talk with him on the MD forums. He's a smart, humble, honest and hardworking guy.

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 10:00:44 AM »
3rd on the AC 2012 and winning the NY pro, the Flex pro and the Tampa pro isn't that 'bad'...
Had a short talk with him on the MD forums. He's a smart, humble, honest and hardworking guy.

Yeah right on point, but could he do better if he did not over think, or am i over thinking myself? lol

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 10:15:36 AM »
Yeah right on point, but could he do better if he did not over think, or am i over thinking myself? lol

He's pretty analytical, tries to learn from his mistakes, but he's also pretty dedicated, not playing around or attention whoring, a responsible guy. Seriously, I find it hard to say something bad about him (no homo that is, lol).
Can he do better with less thinking? Prob not, his attitude seems what works for him, call it 'being yourself'  ;)

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 10:22:32 AM »
He's pretty analytical, tries to learn from his mistakes, but he's also pretty dedicated, not playing around or attention whoring, a responsible guy. Seriously, I find it hard to say something bad about him (no homo that is, lol).
Can he do better with less thinking? Prob not, his attitude seems what works for him, call it 'being yourself'  ;)

Yeah he does seem to do pretty well in comps, with not the best genetics for chest...I could not look like him with all the drugs in the world at my disposal...I can get big, look huge in clothes, but would not even win a local show, no matter how hard i tried...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 10:49:59 AM »
A lot of bro philosophy there. He can't take his wife to the movies, vacations or restaurants because he is a bodybuilder? 

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 10:55:05 AM »
A lot of bro philosophy there. He can't take his wife to the movies, vacations or restaurants because he is a bodybuilder? 

Sure he can, but not during a prep. Someone isn't in the best mood with <5% bf.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 11:00:34 AM »
Yeah he does seem to do pretty well in comps, with not the best genetics for chest...I could not look like him with all the drugs in the world at my disposal...I can get big, look huge in clothes, but would not even win a local show, no matter how hard i tried...

And people who say "all drugs" don't know where they're talking about. Some Getbiggers take huge dosages as well, but do they also win shows on a serious level? Nope  ;)

bebop396

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 11:20:12 AM »
And people who say "all drugs" don't know where they're talking about. Some Getbiggers take huge dosages as well, but do they also win shows on a serious level? Nope  ;)

Yeah people have delusions of grandeur...

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 12:10:13 PM »

Tom Platz compares his life to Jonathan Livingston Seagull. He was as philosophical as they come.

I think it was a sign of those times...lot of guys back then were philosophical. Platz, Zane, Mentzer with his objectivism, even Arnold was fairly "spiritual" (for lack of a better word) about training.

Mentzer probably associated himself with a specific philosophy moreso than anyone else. He was a bit dogmatic about it.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 01:40:41 PM »
muscularity and intelligence are inversely proportional

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 02:33:26 PM »
They wasted time thinking about bodybuilding when they should have spent that time injecting more drugs.  Thinking is catabolic

:) :D ;D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 02:54:39 PM »
Damn that Kai for being so philosophical, he might have won the O by now.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 04:17:23 PM »
Damn that Kai for being so philosophical, he might have won the O by now.
thats just a gimmick

the real kai smokes weed everyday

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 04:26:43 PM »
Just because a guy is analytical doesn't make him a philosopher.
Mike Mentzer was philosophical. He put everything into a bigger picture. Zabo asked what it was all about. That is a philosophical question. The philosophy of bodybuilding hasn't been written yet.

What you? Is a philosophical question!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 04:38:41 PM »
Just because a guy is analytical doesn't make him a philosopher.
Mike Mentzer was philosophical. He put everything into a bigger picture. Zabo asked what it was all about. That is a philosophical question. The philosophy of bodybuilding hasn't been written yet.

What you? Is a philosophical question!

its a love for bodybuilding dumbass they all had it

there are few philosiphies in bodybuilding. most of them i have created. some created by mike, and arnold, mine are more well known however
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 05:12:43 PM »
its a love for bodybuilding dumbass they all had it

there are few philosiphies in bodybuilding. most of them i have created. some created by mike, and arnold, mine are more well known however

Yeah, JF is our resident self-styled philosopher. The love of bodybuilding has nothing to do with the philosophy of it. Hope this helps.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 05:17:18 PM »
thats just a gimmick

the real kai smokes weedpoles everyday

Fixed