Author Topic: Rules of a gunfight  (Read 3049 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Rules of a gunfight
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 12:25:56 PM »
 ;D
[/youtube]

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 12:30:18 PM »
Nice demonstration but , for me I would never pull a gun on someone at their arms reach ..... maybe some idiot that knows nothing of hand to hand combat or gun tactics I would get no closer then 5 feet from whoever I was pulling a gun on

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 12:32:04 PM »
Even in "stand your ground" states like FL where there are almost a million concealed carry permits, there are statistically zero cases where it is invoked. In fact, as a former CCW holder and instructor in FL, I can categorically state that the proficiency and sobriety of the average civilian permit holder vastly exceeds the proficiency and sobriety of the average police officer.

The most important aspect, IMHO, of SYG laws is the immunity from civil litigation. Too many times a BG is killed in a hot home invasion that is legit, only to have his family sue for "unlawful death" or some other complete bullshit.

I carry as well...never felt ever, like I needed to pull the weapon..ever. The only time i would have pulled it was several years ago when my wife drove into a car jacking...the individuals had weapons and were trying to get into a moving SUV. I didn't have a weapon...
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 12:35:30 PM »
If you can leave the situation do it. To many people carrying a gun with all these civilian carry permits feel like an 800lb. gorilla and actually escalate problems being a "tough" guy.  Stand your ground laws should only be for Police Officers in their legal pursuit of their goals. A civilian with a gun should have to retreat at first resort if possible. Stand your ground and kill someone when you could have walked away is insanity.

YES!   I got my permit (must have been 1997 or 1998) and they trained us "DUTY TO RETREAT" - Always make an effort to de-escalate.  I love it and live by it.  I've been punched in the face, while packing heat, and I retreated.  

NOW?  I went to a CCW permit course last year and it was all "When am I legal to shoot someone" and "you don't have a duty to retreat."  It's changed a lot.  Unless my back is to a wall and I can't move an inch... I'm creating space, obstacles, and a way to escape a situation before bullets start flying.  If I come home - and my door is wide open - I"m calling the police to sweep it, not walking into 4 dudes with shotguns hiding in the bathtub lol...  

Too many people love that confrontation, lusting for trigger time.   Not for me!

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 12:45:43 PM »
Rule 27: take cash only, preference to gold coins  ;)
Regarding to my (today) info: number (?) of non Syrians (non Arabs) a fighting for Asads regime
for just $ 5000 p/m  :P