Author Topic: Death Penalty  (Read 3087 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Death Penalty
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 02:00:36 AM »
Why do they need Danish Manufacturers?

Can't they manufacture lethal injections in the US?

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 02:04:04 AM »
^^
Me too, MOST COST EFFECTIVE METHOD- hanging costs more (rope is more expensive).
M-16/AR-15 rounds are even cheaper, they can use military bulk rounds!

That plus the 20 cent cigarette they can dangle between their lips to really go out like a boss while facing the squad.

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2013, 02:11:04 AM »
That plus the 20 cent cigarette they can dangle between their lips to really go out like a boss while facing the squad.
^^
 :D

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2013, 02:11:33 AM »
I mentioned in passing once that I thought death row prisoners should be given the option of being used for medical testing. They get to choose - die, or give something back to society.

I fucking got shouted down like I was the second coming of Hitler. I still don't understand why what I said is so horrible. I'm not a death penalty supporter, but if society has already deemed someone to be no longer worthy of living, why not give them a choice to make a contribution?

ukjeff

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2013, 02:24:39 AM »
I mentioned in passing once that I thought death row prisoners should be given the option of being used for medical testing. They get to choose - die, or give something back to society.

I fucking got shouted down like I was the second coming of Hitler. I still don't understand why what I said is so horrible. I'm not a death penalty supporter, but if society has already deemed someone to be no longer worthy of living, why not give them a choice to make a contribution?

Me neither.
Killing someone in a spur of the moment situation is one thing, drafting legislation to support and justify it, planning it for months and then carrying it out in front of the media and an audience is another.

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2013, 02:34:42 AM »
planning it for months and then carrying it out in front of the media and an audience is another.

I've often wondered if seeing it happen really gives solace to the families of the victims. I don't know that I'd want to give that person any of my time or energy, but then I've never been in the situation. It's all a bit ghoulish for my taste.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 02:40:20 AM »
I'm not a death penalty supporter but I do think if you've got it, then you should execute people quickly and not have them hanging around filing appeals for decades.
O

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2013, 02:48:57 AM »
Texas is getting it done!  These last words are erie!
http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/stat/dr_executed_offenders.html

some of those guys  were in their 20' when executed which is quite sad. Then you read about crimes they committed.
Some horror stories right there

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 09:17:55 AM »
The method of execution should fit the crime.
Child molesters and child murderers should be put to death in the slowest most painfull way properly.
Anyone who even once interferes with a child should be put to death no fucking around.

Best post so far.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 09:20:44 AM »
I've often wondered if seeing it happen really gives solace to the families of the victims. I don't know that I'd want to give that person any of my time or energy, but then I've never been in the situation. It's all a bit ghoulish for my taste.

It doesn't. Though some may argue that the ultimate punishment is a life sentence and the death is an easy out for the criminal.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 03:46:17 PM »
It doesn't. Though some may argue that the ultimate punishment is a life sentence and the death is an easy out for the criminal.

Just waterboard them endlessly.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2013, 08:42:43 AM »
If someone killed someone I loved and they won't let me  handle it personally, I like the option of having them put in a solitary cell, no access to other inmates,windows, electronics, books, games etc. Just bunk, bedding, toilet and sink. Truly miserable existence.

I'm betting once they've gone insane in a couple year they'll do the job themselves with the bed sheets.