Author Topic: Hair starting to thin, looking for advices to slow the process  (Read 4956 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Hair starting to thin, looking for advices to slow the process
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, 07:50:43 AM »
Dutasteride is chemically similar Finasteride. It inhibits the conversion of testosterone into DHT by blocking the enzyme, 5-alpha reductase. There are 2 forms of 5-alpha reductase, type 1 and type 2. Dutasteride blocks both of these isoenzymes, where Finasteride blocks mainly the type 2 isoenzyme.

With more effectiveness comes more potential for side effects.
A

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, 07:56:29 AM »
my hair thinned out quite a bit over a year. I was cycling on and off that year. I realised when tren or anadrol were being used, the hairloss would accelerate. Those 2 compunds I feel kickstarted hair thinning for me. I haven't shedded for a year and a half now but I have to stick to test, deca, proviron, winstrol, anavar and dbol. The strange thing is proviron and winstrol are the compounds with the most rep for hair loss.

Also if it is the steroids causing the hairloss, no topical medicine will work. I tried nizoral and minoxidil during the period of hairloss and they didn't stop anything.

Does anyone know anything that might reactivate hair growth where it has thinned (not receded)?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, 10:18:57 AM »
Does anyone know anything that might reactivate hair growth where it has thinned (not receded)?

Stopping steroids would help...that's number 1. Than you can try the best science has been able to come up with and hope for the best....finasteride, minox, nizoral.

There's other drugs/topicals but they can be more of a hit or miss than the ones above....there's a lot of stuff mentioned in the hairloss thread pinned at the top of the board.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 10:50:46 AM »
Stopping steroids would help...that's number 1. Than you can try the best science has been able to come up with and hope for the best....finasteride, minox, nizoral.

There's other drugs/topicals but they can be more of a hit or miss than the ones above....there's a lot of stuff mentioned in the hairloss thread pinned at the top of the board.

I thought I would have to stop as well. But the thing is nothing causes me hair loss besides tren and anadrol, I never go over 750mg as well.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, 10:58:44 AM »
I thought I would have to stop as well. But the thing is nothing causes me hair loss besides tren and anadrol, I never go over 750mg as well.

Yeah bro but regrowth is hard enough naturally, running high amounts of androgens has to make it impossible. I'm sure theres a few guys who have been able to regrow while being on but that has to be extremely rare. Perhaps something else is happening to them also... like going through periods of telogen efflovium or however its spelled. You know, the hair loss you get when your body senses hormonal changes or introduction of new drugs.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2013, 10:25:35 AM »
my hair started to thin now
I have started rubbing in nizoral before I go to sleep
I'll let you know if anything happens after the first bottle is used up
i tried this after reading it helped regrowth.
Within  week my scalp was bright red and as dry as a nuns clit.
Had to discontinue.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2013, 11:30:22 AM »
i tried this after reading it helped regrowth.
Within  week my scalp was bright red and as dry as a nuns clit.
Had to discontinue.

What % and what brand of keto did you use?  The over the counter 1% has a lot of harsh cleansers. I have a script for the %2 and it works very well.  I've used the foam version of 2% keto in the past and in my opinion it is the version with the least hassles. You can leave the foam in. Creams are also available.

It's not unusual to experience dryness with keto.  I only use it three-four times a week and I always use a conditioner.  A leave in conditioner might be a good idea.
A

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2013, 12:31:06 PM »
What % and what brand of keto did you use?  The over the counter 1% has a lot of harsh cleansers. I have a script for the %2 and it works very well.  I've used the foam version of 2% keto in the past and in my opinion it is the version with the least hassles. You can leave the foam in. Creams are also available.

It's not unusual to experience dryness with keto.  I only use it three-four times a week and I always use a conditioner.  A leave in conditioner might be a good idea.
Thanks
it was the 2% but i used it every night, ill give it another try maybe every other day or so and see how it goes.
Do you find it has worked for regrowth?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2013, 01:01:33 PM »
i t

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 01:02:17 PM »
i take 5 mg of finasteride per day

libido very high

not sure if it is workin,g for hair

its real tho from the pharmacy

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 01:27:09 PM »
Thanks
it was the 2% but i used it every night, ill give it another try maybe every other day or so and see how it goes.

It's difficult to say whether I've seen any regrowth from keto.   I see it as an adjunct to other treatments rather than a stand alone. 

Every other day three times a week would be advisable or so the consensus would indicate.  I usually leave the keto shampoo in my hair for 5-10 minutes and then rinse it out.
A

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 02:26:38 PM »
Thanks

I typically have very sensitive skin but the 2% is just fine for me!

theworm

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2013, 04:51:06 AM »
I use the nizoral foam and leave it in overnight, it's prescription and name brand is called ketodan. 

Google Japanese study hair loss ketoconazole, pretty good results but they left it in overnight.
you are gay.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2013, 04:53:04 AM »
Shave your head like the rest of us.....

whitewidow

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2013, 06:15:55 AM »
Finasteride works really well but don't take it if you value your sexuality. It's associated with permanent sexual dysfunction even after cessation. Many lives have been ruined from this drug.

this. works well and most doctors prescribe finasteride but their are harsh sides. You could just shave your head if you nlook good with a shaved head luckily I look real good with a shaved head. Stop the roids before it gets to bad you will end up wearing a hat everyday or a wig.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2013, 06:35:16 AM »
I use the nizoral foam and leave it in overnight, it's prescription and name brand is called ketodan.  

Google Japanese study hair loss ketoconazole, pretty good results but they left it in overnight.

I agree, the foam is the best.  The foam is more expensive but more the price for the convenience.  A 2% cream was used in the Japanese study.

this. works well and most doctors prescribe finasteride but their are harsh sides. You could just shave your head if you nlook good with a shaved head luckily I look real good with a shaved head. Stop the roids before it gets to bad you will end up wearing a hat everyday or a wig.

I haven't experienced sides while on Finasteride.  With any drug there is a potential for side effects.
A

macos

• Getbig IV
  • Jamie Dimon get some $$ please.
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2013, 06:51:31 AM »

libido very high

not sure if it is workin,g for hair

its real tho from the pharmacy
it seems you really love your hair.

1mg of pharma fina is more than enough.
$

macos

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2013, 06:53:12 AM »

So how did the guys doing the olympia in thE 70s and 80s have a head full of hair? I mean ALL of them.
$

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2013, 07:39:02 AM »
So how did the guys doing the olympia in thE 70s and 80s have a head full of hair? I mean ALL of them.

People say they relied more on deca than a lot of test guys use these days...

I don't know about that but deca was pretty easy on my hair at higher doses than test.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2013, 07:56:04 AM »
it seems you really love your hair.

1mg of pharma fina is more than enough.
i'm considering to increase to 10mg

i'm just not sure if it's working

macos

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2013, 08:58:24 AM »

I don't know about that but deca was pretty easy on my hair at higher doses than test.
most use test more because its cheaper.

Was deca cheaper back in the day?
i'm considering to increase to 10mg

i'm just not sure if it's working
for me it takes around 5-6 days of taking finasteride at1 mg to completely stall hairloss.
10mg seems to be extreme. Just 1mg /day is enough for most. How much test are you on right now?
$

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2013, 08:59:33 AM »
most use test more because its cheaper.

Was deca cheaper back in the day?for me it takes around 5-6 days of taking finasteride at1 mg to completely stall hairloss.
10mg seems to be extreme. Just 1mg /day is enough for most. How much test are you on right now?

500 mg of test

how do you know it's stalling hairloss?

hair not falling out anymore?

macos

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2013, 09:11:30 AM »
500 mg of test
how do you know it's stalling hairloss?
hair not falling out anymore?
my last was test e 580mg/week

At around the start of third weeka, my pillow used to have a lot of hair on it. After starting finasteride within 6 days  there was no hair on pillow and also no fall during shampooing. Nizoral shampoo does not work. Before using finasteride i had tried nizoral upto the point of keeping it applied the whole day. Did not affect hairloss much. But finasteride was quick. I do get some harsh sides from fina even at low dosages of1 mg/day.
$

macos

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2013, 09:13:53 AM »

what is the max you have used for deca?
$

macos

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2013, 09:17:24 AM »

libido very high

does not affect libido.
$