Author Topic: Thanksgiving 2013  (Read 2575 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Thanksgiving 2013
« on: November 17, 2013, 09:56:51 AM »
What's this years menu?

I'm kinda sick of (the idea) the usual suspects.  The only for sure items so far are the turkey on the grill and an apple galette with goat cheese and dried cherries.  Everyone expects and insists on mashed potatoes  :-X  Thinking maybe Jacques Pepin's smashed potatoes instead.

:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Thanksgiving 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 02:53:30 PM »
What's this years menu?

I'm kinda sick of (the idea) the usual suspects.  The only for sure items so far are the turkey on the grill and an apple galette with goat cheese and dried cherries.  Everyone expects and insists on mashed potatoes  :-X  Thinking maybe Jacques Pepin's smashed potatoes instead.

mashed potatos are a thanksgiving staple!!!!

like pumpkin pie....

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 03:02:14 PM »
Fruit & Cheese Tray - Triple cream brie, herbed goat cheese, stilton blue.  Grapes, figs
Smoked salmon tray with, chopped egg, shallots, capers and lemon
Assorted Bread - French, ciabatta, boule etc
Soup - either a butternut squash with cumin crème fraiche and chopped bacon garnish or roasted corn soup with roasted corn and chili oil garnish
Turkey - Brined and stuffed with lemon, herbs, carrots, apples.
Stuffing - cornbread and French bread combo made with chicken stock, celery, sage etc
Green beans almondine and sautéed with garlic
Mashed Potatoes - might make it with roasted garlic and green onion
Pecan pie, pumpkin pie, fresh whipped cream

About it for now.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 03:17:41 AM »
Fruit & Cheese Tray - Triple cream brie, herbed goat cheese, stilton blue.  Grapes, figs
Smoked salmon tray with, chopped egg, shallots, capers and lemon
Assorted Bread - French, ciabatta, boule etc
Soup - either a butternut squash with cumin crème fraiche and chopped bacon garnish or roasted corn soup with roasted corn and chili oil garnish
Turkey - Brined and stuffed with lemon, herbs, carrots, apples.
Stuffing - cornbread and French bread combo made with chicken stock, celery, sage etc
Green beans almondine and sautéed with garlic
Mashed Potatoes - might make it with roasted garlic and green onion
Pecan pie, pumpkin pie, fresh whipped cream

About it for now.

I want your address... NOW!  ;D
Sounds yummy  :P
w

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 03:26:38 AM »
We usually go with the "usual suspects" at our place. People seem to like the comfort in this kind of menu. My wife has mentioned jazzing up the dressing in some new, but not too outrageous way. I do think we will forego the green bean casserole as we have for many years. Over cooked vegetables are just plain over.

My mom made the best chicken liver dressing, which was a recipe she inherited from her mom who was a French woman. Chicken livers are completely out of fashion these days, but I am thinking I am going to make this dressing anyway as a side dish. I will probably be the only one eating it. It is a heart attack waiting to happen. If I don't post after Thanksgiving, you'll know it took me out.  ;D