Author Topic: Racism on the forum  (Read 34564 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Racism on the forum
« on: November 18, 2013, 08:01:30 AM »
Racism will not be tolerated.

1) No racist posts. We all know what discussion is vs. blatant racism.

We all know that will get you in Time Out or Banned...

Those are Ron's rules and will be strictly adhered to. This goes out to everyone on this forum. No one is above the law.

Racism is wrong and goes against the fabric of what we stand for here on this forum. We accept members from all backgrounds, races and upbringing. We are here because we appreciate bodybuilding. Bodybuilding is very much a niche sport with a cult following. In many circles, bodybuilding is seen as weird, taboo and downright strange. Getbig is here to not only change that perception, but to bring about its own twist involving humor, industry gossip and awareness.

So, in taking part in our mission to bring about awareness to bodybuilding, we won't backpeddle by being racially insensitive and showing the world that bodybuilding is filled with racial bigots. For crying out loud, more than half of the IFBB is made of pros that are of color (African Americans, Arabs, South Americans, Caribbean folk etc).

If you can't behave, get the fuck out. If you don't know how to treat other members with respect, regardless of their racial makeup, get the fuck out.

I have many friends outside of the boards and also on the forum of African American descent (Parker, Wiggs, G_Thang, BayGBM, Vince Goodrum etc.) and if any of you think I will sit around and allow them to be insulted by racist remarks, you are wrong.

Cut the shit out, it's stupid, childish and revealing of the lack of class that some of you have.

"1"

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Racism on the forum
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:07:51 AM »
Straight up pandering. 
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 08:09:39 AM »
Let me ask you this.  The definition of racism is 1.animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races.

So if a white guy calls a black guy a negro it is racism, but if a black guy calls a white guy a cracker or honky, it is called reverse-racism, not actual racism.  But wouldn't reverse-racism not be racism at all?

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:10:31 AM »
As long as homophobic and misogynistic posts are still allowed I'm golden.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 08:12:45 AM »
Let me ask you this.  The definition of racism is 1.animosity toward other races: prejudice or animosity against people who belong to other races.

So if a white guy calls a black guy a negro it is racism, but if a black guy calls a white guy a cracker or honky, it is called reverse-racism, not actual racism.  But wouldn't reverse-racism not be racism at all?

You noticed he didn't mention any of wiggs Afrocentric black supremacy crap that is straight from the black version of storm front. 
A

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 08:13:27 AM »

On this forum any derogatory terms towards any racial group is considered racism.

I don't care if it's a black person slinging racial insults towards a white person or vice versa.

It will not be tolerated.

"1"

ukjeff

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 08:13:36 AM »
Racist posts are allowed as long as you are in the "click" and use a gimmick account.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 08:14:00 AM »
On this forum any derogatory terms towards any racial group is considered racism.

I don't care if it's a black person slinging racial insults towards a white person or vice versa.

It will not be tolerated.

"1"

I've been called a white bitch and a honky and you did shit.
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 08:14:39 AM »
Racist posts are allowed as long as you are in the "click" and use a gimmick account.

Damn right.  Same with stupid posts.  If your falcon you get away with posts
A

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »
You noticed he didn't mention any of wiggs Afrocentric black supremacy crap that is straight from the black version of storm front. 

I don't have to, because when Wiggs posts his white menace bullshit, I am the one erasing the material and warning him both privately and publicly.

"1"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 08:16:01 AM »
That's because society labeled it reverse-racism, which in actually means not being racist.  Kind of funny ain't it?

ukjeff

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 08:16:22 AM »
I don't have to, because when Wiggs posts his white menace bullshit, I am the one erasing the material and warning him both privately and publicly.

"1"

Whats the rule on members using gimmick accounts in order to post racist insults?
If that account gets banned, does the member get banned as well if you know who it is or is it just the account?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 08:16:23 AM »

Did you bring it to my attention or did you expect me to read the thousands of threads and posts and find that one infraction?

If you bring it to my attention and/or if the thread title clearly displays racism, I will removed it accordingly. If you expect me to read every single post made on this site, you must be insane.

"1"

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 08:17:21 AM »
Whats the rule on members using gimmick accounts in order to post racist insults?
If that account gets banned, does the member get banned as well if you know who it is or is it just the account?

epic tantrum
T

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 08:17:45 AM »
Quote from: Ron on July 11, 2008, 10:33:27 AM

He knew King Obama was coming to fix thangs.

ukjeff

« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 08:18:14 AM »
epic tantrum

Epic troop rallying

Have you heard the term guilty by association?

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 08:20:46 AM »
Where the hell is this coming from?

I haven't seen all that much racism on this forum as of late. Not anything that I would consider truly racist anyways.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:04 AM »
  :D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:43 AM »

Racist material is not accepted. That is the rule.

So, if you are deadset and have the necessary proof needed to get rid of any member you suspects is using or has used a gimmick account to express racism, you NEED to speak with Ron. I can only address the account that is taking part in the infraction directly.

"1"

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 08:22:07 AM »
did you report it at the time?

No because I let that shit go.  I'm always accused of being a racist and I see how easy that label is throw around.  When the gay is normal thread came up I looked at it as an opportunity to dispel myths not bag on gays.
A

ukjeff

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 08:23:27 AM »
Racist material is not accepted. That is the rule.

The moderators do not have access to IP addresses. The only people that have access IP addresses are Ron and the programmer for this site.

I can't cross match members and their gimmick accounts. So, if you are deadset and have the necessary proof needed to get rid of any member you suspects is using or has used a gimmick account to express racism, you NEED to speak with Ron. I can only address the account that is taking part in the infraction directly.

We (the moderators) can only chip away at one account at a time and since we can't see IP addresses, anything else is hearsay.

"1"

What about a confession from the said member?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 08:25:12 AM »
^^^^this  Lol

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 08:25:42 AM »
No because I let that shit go.  I'm always accused of being a racist and I see how easy that label is throw around.  When the gay is normal thread came up I looked at it as an opportunity to dispel myths not bag on gays.

So you didn't report the infraction to anyone, instead you let it go, yet you are complaining that someone was racist towards you and I did shit about it?

You did nothing (or shit) about it and expected that I would somehow magically read that one post directed towards you?

I have a job, a life and read this forum during the day as I get some down time for entertainment and to help out as best as I can.

Next time it happens, bring it up and don't just let it go and expect any moderator or even Ron for that matter to find that proverbial needle in the haystack and do something about it. There are little buttons next to each post that read "report to moderator". Use those links for us to have an opportunity to address your concerns.

"1"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 08:26:19 AM »
Damn right.  Same with stupid posts.  If your falcon you get away with posts

You seem upset.
Y

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, 08:26:28 AM »

When you spell "clique" as "click", you're probably not a member.