Author Topic: Racism on the forum  (Read 34794 times)

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Racism on the forum
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 08:27:40 AM »
So you didn't report the infraction to anyone, instead you let it go, yet you are complaining that someone was racist towards you and I did shit about it?

You did nothing (or shit) about it and expected that I would somehow magically read that one post directed towards you?

I have a job, a life and read this forum during the day as I get some down time for entertainment and to help out as best as I can.

Next time it happens, bring it up and don't just let it go and expect any moderator or even Ron for that matter to find that proverbial needle in the haystack and do something about it. There are little buttons next to each post that read "report to moderator". Use those links for us to have an opportunity to address your concerns.

"1"

I probably won't.  You shouldn't single out one particular group.  
A

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 08:28:02 AM »
What about a confession from the said member?

lol when jeff is done digging trough all the members posts looking for rulebreaks  and reports it getbig only have left  the boring members and is turned into one of the other boring boards :D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 08:28:24 AM »
You seem upset.

I won't rest until shizzo returns.
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 08:29:35 AM »
Are the black Hebrews that butthurt that they run to the mods if they get called negroes?

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 08:30:05 AM »
No because I let that shit go.  I'm always accused of being a racist and I see how easy that label is throw around.  When the gay is normal thread came up I looked at it as an opportunity to dispel myths not bag on gays.
I saw that and I can see your point

unfortunatly objecting  well and efficently takes effort but unless the objection to the particular behaviour is made the person so behaving acts as though they have right to continue. Some times its better to let the shit gow and some times its not but its better to own our own decisions in such instances and not let resentments at them build
c

ukjeff

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 08:30:13 AM »
lol when jeff is done digging trough all the members posts looking for rulebreaks  and reports it getbig only have left  the boring members and is turned into one of the other boring boards :D

Maybe we will be left with a group of adults who can have rational conversations without threads being full of racism and bullying.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 08:31:11 AM »
OK - so racism is out - how about religious bigotry?

I hope that can stay as it is entertaining. Especially if we lose the racism.

How about homophobia? I would miss that as well be honest. It is popular here.

Are we saying that bigotry is allowed as long as it is not based on the color of a persons skin? We can freely make prejudicial comments about religion, sexuality, weight, height, age. It's just racism that is off limits?

If so - what is it you have against racists? Seems unfair to single them out to be honest.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 08:35:05 AM »
He'll be back tomorrow if he isn't banned!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 08:35:14 AM »
What about a confession from the said member?

Here's my advice to you...

Email Ron and show him your evidence and then let him determine what course of action he would like to take.

Ron can cross-reference IP's, he can also ban or Time Out members for any infractions he sees fit.

In the meantime, as you see an infraction being committed, simply PM me and I will remove the offense and also send it to Ron for further evaluation, That is the role of a moderator here.

Keep in mind that GetBig has been the way it has been for well over 16 years now. Your idea of removing said villains from this forum will not only fail, but prove to be an exercise in futility.

"1"

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 08:37:35 AM »

That's too bad.
Y

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 08:38:14 AM »
Here's my advice to you...

Email Ron and show him your evidence and then let him determine what course of action he would like to take.

Ron can cross-reference IP's, he can also ban or Time Out members for any infractions he sees fit.

In the meantime, as you see an infraction being committed, simply PM me and I will remove the offense and also send it to Ron for further evaluation, That is the role of a moderator here.

Keep in mind that GetBig has been the way it has been for well over 16 years now. Your idea of removing said villains from this forum will not only fail, but prove to be an exercise in futility.

"1"

Translation: Gimmicks will stay regardless of any action you may take so don't waste your time son.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2013, 08:39:20 AM »
Hey OneMoreRep.....

Who approves the new accounts...solely Ron or all mods?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 08:39:45 AM »
That's too bad.

That's it, I'm leaving and never coming back.....ever!
A

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2013, 08:42:21 AM »
Translation: Gimmicks will stay regardless of any action you may take so don't waste your time son.

The moderators have a role on this site, but if a member seeks to remove another member for a designated infraction, they need to follow the right steps and allow for the moderators to escalate the situation to Ron.

At the moment, Ron is on his G650 traveling to some remote location in Brazil. The last thing he wants is a call from me to talk about a post that some gimmick account made a while back. The same gimmick account that now sits in the Time Out board indefinitely.

"1"

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2013, 08:43:33 AM »
That's it, I'm leaving and never coming back.....ever!

Shizzo wouldn't have wanted it that way. He would have wanted you to be strong, and carry with you his memory. At least that's what I think that fucking dipshit would have wanted.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2013, 08:44:30 AM »
Shizzo wouldn't have wanted it that way. He would have wanted you to be strong, and carry with you his memory. At least that's what I think that fucking dipshit would have wanted.

You make a lot of sense.  I'm back everyone.  Everybody gets at least one storm off, right?
A

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2013, 08:44:40 AM »
Hey OneMoreRep.....

Who approves the new accounts...solely Ron or all mods?

Ron approves new accounts, but if someone sends me a Private Message seeking to have an account registered or even open a spot up for someone that has registered a while ago, but still not granted access, I can then expedite the process.

I recently had two accounts approved for members that were waiting for approval.

"1"

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2013, 08:46:08 AM »
As long as homophobic and misogynistic posts are still allowed I'm golden.

LMAO

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2013, 08:48:21 AM »
Maybe we will be left with a group of adults who can have rational conversations without threads being full of racism and bullying.
thats true.  BUt there are other forums for that to people can go to if they dont like how this site is run and if those who feel bullied or that people are racist against them  reports that to the mods im sure or atleast think the mods will take action to it. But i dont really understand why you really care so much about it when you dont even like this site. Dont take me wrong i dont care if you report things like this if you feel its wrong or take it on the bosrds just trying to figure out why you care when its a bosrd you dont even want to post in ( your own words)

ukjeff

« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 08:54:01 AM »
Your idea of removing said villains from this forum will not only fail, but prove to be an exercise in futility.

Wow, simply wow.
So the said villains get banned and then come back under a gimmick account and you become aware it's the previously banned member , so thats OK.

Oh and its not my idea, its not my forum.
If the above statement is true then why have any rules at all?

ukjeff

« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2013, 08:54:37 AM »
OK - so racism is out - how about religious bigotry?

I hope that can stay as it is entertaining. Especially if we lose the racism.

How about homophobia? I would miss that as well be honest. It is popular here.

Are we saying that bigotry is allowed as long as it is not based on the color of a persons skin? We can freely make prejudicial comments about religion, sexuality, weight, height, age. It's just racism that is off limits?

If so - what is it you have against racists? Seems unfair to single them out to be honest.

Yep, kiss goodbye to the "no homo" tag.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2013, 08:56:36 AM »
Wow, simply wow.
So the said villains get banned and then come back under a gimmick account and you become aware it's the previously banned member , so thats OK.

Oh and its not my idea, its not my forum.
If the above statement is true then why have any rules at all?

We can only remove the account directly related to the infraction.

It's not ok for a member to register a gimmick and attack others. Said gimmick you speak of was removed after I pushed for that.

Ron doesn't like the idea of gimmicks altogether.

If you have the evidence and believe it will stand with Ron, present it to him and see what he determines.

Take it up with him and see what he is willing to do, based upon the evidence you have gathered.

"1"

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2013, 08:58:54 AM »
As long as homophobic and misogynistic posts are still allowed I'm golden.

Nobody can prove that homosexuality isn't a choice. We can't chose our race, but the jury is still out on homosexuality...

ukjeff

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2013, 08:59:37 AM »
We can only remove the account directly related to the infraction.

It's not ok for a member to register a gimmick and attack others. Said gimmick you speak of was removed after I pushed for that.

Ron doesn't like the idea of gimmicks altogether.

If you have the evidence and believe it will stand with Ron, present it to him and see what he determines.

Take it up with him and see what he is willing to do, based upon the evidence you have gathered.

"1"

The balls in your court mate, you have the evidence, either pass it on or ignore it.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2013, 09:00:50 AM »
The balls in your court mate, you have the evidence, either pass it on or ignore it.

I have passed it on.

What you can now do is push the envelope a little further down the conveyor belt and see what Ron is willing to do with it.

"1"

P.S. Remember, there are 5 other moderators on the G&O. The voice of one is a good start, but gather enough ears and the mouths will follow.