Author Topic: November 30: ACA federal website should be fixed...Crashes on December 1  (Read 3192 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I will be watching.

The federal government set that date. I am sure they will meet it.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: November 30: ACA federal website should be fixed
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 05:25:46 AM »
Still not fixed.

On the front end, it refreshes faster.

But it can only handle up to 50k people and the payment application is still unsecure.

Another broken promise by the worst president in history.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 08:30:32 AM »
The question is will the liberal drones call obama and the admin on their shit when they declare they have been successful?

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 08:32:59 AM »
It`s Bush`s fault....

It`s Fox news` fault....

It`s the republicans fault...

It`s sarh palins fault...

;D

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: November 30: ACA federal website should be fixed...Crashes on December 1
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 08:50:22 AM »

ObamaCare Website Crashes When CNN Tests Upgraded Version

GEORGE HOWELL, HOST: We know the first thing you have to do when you go to this website you have to select your state. Is that working?

ALISON KOSIK, CNN BUSINESS CORRESPONDENT: And what's funny is I was talking with Matt, and, yeah, that seemed to work, right, when you logged on. But then came the road blocks. So tell me about what happened, because we're getting another error message here, and it's supposed to be running smoothly. We’re just not seeing that.

MATT SLOANE, CNN MEDICAL PRODUCER: Yeah, so, you know, we've been trying to get into the site since October 1 on and off again. I have to say it did work a lot more smoothly this morning. I got through. I picked my state. I put in all of my information and I got through the whole process in eight minutes. And then it said my status was in progress. So I went to refresh it and I got the error message

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/12/01/obamacare-website-crashes-when-cnn-tests-upgraded-version#ixzz2mKxjmvJR

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 09:02:42 AM »
Why is the website the only way people can sign up?  You'd think there would be a paper alternative, especially for people who don't have or use computers or the internet. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 01:22:49 PM »

GEORGE HOWELL, HOST: We know the first thing you have to do when you go to this website you have to select your state. Is that working?

ALISON KOSIK, CNN BUSINESS CORRESPONDENT: And what's funny is I was talking with Matt, and, yeah, that seemed to work, right, when you logged on. But then came the road blocks. So tell me about what happened, because we're getting another error message here, and it's supposed to be running smoothly. We’re just not seeing that.

MATT SLOANE, CNN MEDICAL PRODUCER: Yeah, so, you know, we've been trying to get into the site since October 1 on and off again. I have to say it did work a lot more smoothly this morning. I got through. I picked my state. I put in all of my information and I got through the whole process in eight minutes. And then it said my status was in progress. So I went to refresh it and I got the error message

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/12/01/obamacare-website-crashes-when-cnn-tests-upgraded-version#ixzz2mKxjmvJR

LMAO!! Nothing better than it crashing live on national tv...again ;D

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 02:05:39 PM »
Why is the website the only way people can sign up?  You'd think there would be a paper alternative, especially for people who don't have or use computers or the internet. 

It seems they have people going door to door.

Long article though:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/hard-sell_769096.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 02:21:20 PM »
It seems they have people going door to door.

Long article though:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/hard-sell_769096.html

Embarrassing.  You'd think with three years to prepare they would have anticipated problems. 

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 03:12:38 PM »
The problem is that the government can't control the internet and our computers.  They have to build a website that will work for all computers and internet connections when they don't have control over how those computers or internet connections work. 

Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 05:02:37 PM »
any liberals want to call obama and the admin out on their bullshit?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2013, 07:08:25 PM »

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2013, 07:12:55 PM »
any liberals want to call obama and the admin out on their bullshit?

none, nobody?

no liberal supporter wants to condemn this?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 05:14:44 AM »
http://www.cnbc.com/id/101225308

Unreal  - sickening

Who in their right mind would go to an unsecured websit, like crapcare.gov, and input their personal information?

This is a disaster. You can see on a daily basis, the idiots who support this crap lowering the standard of what is considered a working website in order to defend that clowninchief.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2013, 05:23:29 AM »
Here is another problem.

Even if you enroll through the website, it is not a guarantee that you are insured because the website may not be sending your information to the insurance company. It's like buying an item through Amazon.com and not knowing if you are ever going to receive it.

People are now being encouraged to double check with the insurance companies to make sure they will be insured.

This is a huge fail. It is December 3 and the website still sucks.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/02/obamacare-customers-double-check-insurance-status

The White House is urging insurance customers who enrolled through its online healthcare exchange to check whether they will actually receive coverage amid continuing uncertainty over the effectiveness of the system connecting the website to insurers.

Although officials declared on Sunday that the consumer-facing front end of the federal website was now working effectively for the majority of customers, there have been separate concerns over the back end, which processes applications and passes on financial information to insurers selling the policies.

Speaking on Monday, White House spokesman Jay Carney insisted that many of the underlying causes of the problem had been addressed by weekend software upgrades, but he revealed that the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the agency behind the troubled website, had been forced to contact existing users to make sure they did not fall between the cracks.

Those attempting to enroll can currently select one of the plans listed on the site, enter their information and determine if they are eligible for subsidies. However, in order to pay for the selected plan, they are supposed to be redirected to the insurance provider and submit their payment information directly.

Some insurers are receiving phone calls from people who believe they are enrolled, but have no record of them. Other insurers are receiving applications, sometimes incomplete, but no payment information.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 05:58:57 AM »
Still not fixed.

On the front end, it refreshes faster.

But it can only handle up to 50k people and the payment application is still unsecure.

Another broken promise by the worst president in history.

Ovomit deserves jail.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2013, 03:55:49 PM »

Here's the part that should jump out at anyone who has ever used the internet to purchase anything:
"And then it said my status was in progress. So I went to refresh it and I got the error message"

Ya catch that?  He refreshed while the screen said "in progress" and then was surprised to get an error message. Holy shit, what an idiot.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 04:32:14 PM »
Here's the part that should jump out at anyone who has ever used the internet to purchase anything:
"And then it said my status was in progress. So I went to refresh it and I got the error message"

Ya catch that?  He refreshed while the screen said "in progress" and then was surprised to get an error message. Holy shit, what an idiot.

I think a well designed site would address that possible action, wouldnt you?

especially one that has costed close to $700 million dollars?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2013, 07:22:07 PM »
I think a well designed site would address that possible action, wouldnt you?

especially one that has costed close to $700 million dollars?

If by "address" you mean a blurb that warns you against hitting the refresh key, then yes. 

Blurb or no blurb, though, when I pay bills (or even order Domino's) I DO NOT hit enter (or submit or whatever) a 2nd time no matter how long the "in progress" dialog box stays up.  It's just asking for trouble.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2013, 07:30:34 PM »
If by "address" you mean a blurb that warns you against hitting the refresh key, then yes. 

Blurb or no blurb, though, when I pay bills (or even order Domino's) I DO NOT hit enter (or submit or whatever) a 2nd time no matter how long the "in progress" dialog box stays up.  It's just asking for trouble.

I could be wrong but I believe there is a way to prevent/disable refreshing a webpage. Maybe our resident trayvon martin activist can finally contribute to the board and speak to this

240?

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2013, 06:10:36 AM »

EXACTLY!  It's the people's fault the website isn't working.  I'm just about sick of people blaming the government for this. 
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 08:59:51 AM »

EXACTLY!  It's the people's fault the website isn't working.  I'm just about sick of people blaming the government for this. 

LOL   ;D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 10:52:27 AM »
Consumer Reports gives thumbs up to Healthcare.gov

Source: CrooksandLiars.com

Back in October right wing pundits of all shapes and sizes, most notably Sean Hannity on Fox News, was crowing that Consumer Reports had thrown in the towel on Obamacare, fed up with an unworkable website. And while that part was a lie, they did advise waiting a month or so while the website was fixed. Today though they're singing a completely different tune, calling the new site at HealthCare.gov "terrific".

via Mediaite:

After advising consumers to steer clear of Healthcare.gov in October, Consumer Reports health care expert Nancy Metcalf told MSNBC’s Chuck Todd Tuesday morning that the federal health care exchange website was improved enough following the Obama administration’s frantic month of repairs that users could confidently use it.

“Now we’re saying, ‘it’s time,’” Metcalf said, in particular praising the new window-shopping function, in which users can peruse health plans without registering with the site. The requirement to make an account before viewing options was considered one of the main causes for the site’s initial traffic bottleneck. “It’s terrific, I’ve tried it, it was working yesterday through the busiest times,” Metcalf said.

Read more: http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/scarce/consumer-reports-gives-thumbs-healthcaregov

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2013, 11:38:03 AM »
Hahhaa gotta trust a website called crooksandliars.com :D