Author Topic: I want to start lifting weights but......  (Read 3511 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Re: I want to start lifting weights but......
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2013, 04:16:01 PM »
True story.  Back when I was selling equipt I had a married couple looking at some stuff. I asked them what their goals were and the husband, sittin in at 150, said he just wanted to tone up but didnt want to "get as big as me" as he looked at me.  His wife chimed in dripping with sarcasm that " I dont think uou have to worry about that". Complete with eye roll.   Poor guy.

Haha, did you mount her later TSS?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2013, 04:19:58 PM »
You sound like a fat whale sympathizer.

Dieting is hard, no shit. So is doing anything productive or worthwhile with your life.

What I also get is what is so terrible about feeling hungry  ???

When I'm dieting (which admittedly isn't very often) I enjoy feeling hungry, within reason of course.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2013, 04:23:03 PM »
I love bodybuilding more than anyone I know and I still think serious cutting is the hardest fucking game in town. I dunno maybe I love food more than the average person; but I say it's hard every single day when you are preppin or dieting like you're prepping.

All Im saying to BS is a bodybuilding board is no place to expect sympathy for the hard work of dieting. The rest of the fucking universe will gladly wipe the tears from your eyes and console you with ice cream and pasta and cookies and burgers. Our culture loves saying that it's ok the be fat, outta shape. Why? BECAUSE ITS HARD WORK. And "ain't nobody got time for that."   This mentality doesn't work with bodybuilding, sorry. That pussified attitude can't exist, whether youre male or female.

Food is great. I love eating well and do so most of the time. Fortunately, I am blessed with a fairly fast metabolism (even as an old man). Perhaps cutting just isn't that hard for me. Not that I've bothered with it in awhile. It just has always been easier for me to lose weight then it has for me to gain it.

I do adjust my eating habits to reflect my activity levels. During periods of reduced activity, such as while I have been recovering from knee surgery, I cut back on the number of meals I eat and the quantity of food consumed during a meal. What I suspect it hard is when you feel like your denying yourself or starving just to get cut while at the same time you step up your activity levels by doing more cardio, etc. In this respect, dieting for a competition is doing something that won't feel natural or good to you because, well, it probably isn't.

In times past and maybe even today, some bodybuilders stay close to their ideal weight all the time as opposed to bulking up only to get cut for a competition. It's a lot easier to lose a couple of pounds as opposed to 20 or 30 pounds and it isn't nearly as hard on your body.  

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2013, 04:25:31 PM »

When I'm dieting (which admittedly isn't very often) I enjoy feeling hungry, within reason of course.

It does bring a clarity and mental acuity to your thinking that isn't present when you're in caloric surplus mode 24/7.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »
It does bring a clarity and mental acuity to your thinking that isn't present when you're in caloric surplus mode 24/7.

True. Increased alertness also.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2013, 04:28:15 PM »
What is Gali's diet. Lean protein and veggies with the odd pig-out?
O

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2013, 04:29:44 PM »
What is Gali's diet. Lean protein and veggies with the odd pig-out?

A lot of grass clippings and clay from a depth of 2 feet.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2013, 04:34:50 PM »

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2013, 04:36:30 PM »
;D

Lmao I put that for you specifically

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2013, 04:38:27 PM »
It needs to be orange clay though.

Clay of other colors/ethnicities will disrupt your pennation angles.

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2013, 04:39:21 PM »

Stable blood sugar levels IMO are largely responsible. I eat a low carb high fat diet off season and would recommend it for this reason.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2013, 04:41:13 PM »
Stable blood sugar levels IMO are largely responsible. I eat a low carb high fat diet off season and would recommend it for this reason.

Off season implies you compete? So you must be crushing the fat than huh?? My off season I have to keep Carbs high, no way around it.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2013, 04:41:51 PM »
A lot of grass clippings and clay from a depth of 2 feet.

Surely some Kale greens and olive oil to wash it down?
O

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2013, 04:43:01 PM »
What you can't understand is not everyone is you. Not everyone has your willpower.

You think it's so easy for everyone to suffer and achieve. It's not.

Women have very different hormonal profiles....they are going to feel different when going through hunger.

I consider myself lucky....I fast every sunday so being hungry for me is easier than most. Hence fat burning is not as painful for me as it is for some.

But I can respect that not everybody will feel the same.

Your basic premise for fat loss is to starve and suffer. Yes....we get it...you've been preaching it for months. Easy for you .......not easy for all.
hm ofcourse not everyone has the same willpower.
BUT!!! lets say it like this, if there is no willpower, true fom inside, then one has already failed upfront.

if you dont really want it, its not happening.

the reward is a toned, defined physique, 1 in 10000, something very special, something everyone wants but nobody wants to put the work in.
many also have delusional standards on how effective they do their stuff, i often joke how i train like a "pussy" , but thatd be hard enough for some suckers who claim to train hard to pass out,or gass out.

same with diet, stick to it or not, theres no inbetween.

look, i have done a week or so eating like a "Normal" person and guess what that knd of dieting confused my metabolism, i felt like absolute shit, the cravings and starvations were misleading and mentaly much much worse than when i diet properly.

this is what some dumbasses dont understand, ill cite dj181,he stands for the various levels of ignorance of the ppl.
suboptimal diet will make it much harder, ppl dont understand the first thing, they need diet trainers instead of learning to listen to themselves.
the galeniko and noone diet is the absolute perfect tool, its genius stuff, yeah some cockmunchers will say they heard it all before, but they didnt.

its perfectly consistent with all science, everything, i had no idea and found out later about this, but it always made sense to me,i knew it works,i felt it.
when the food choices and some parameters are held, it becomes much easier than it first would seem.

we get used to it, we get used to many things as humans.

bohoo, someone has hard time after 2days of no carbs to get in the zone?well,fuck,then maybe other sport is better,sumos eta many carbs, or entirely other hobbies would be solution.or go with other diet where you can eat more but takes much longer and must do many cardio sessions.

ok on to the next point.

as i said the suffering is not to bad, why panic when the brain indicates bit of hunger?do you think our predeccessors panicked when hunger hit them?
drink water or coffee and it goes away.

women have different hormonal profiles?yeah so what, they all get into shape for contests.
their rections are exactly the same, youre wrong there, testosterone is disadvantage(it raises apetite extremly), estrogen doesnt matter.
the hunger feelings are controlled by the same exact processes in women and men.i have just read a scientific book on that, so im 100% sure on this.

well done on the fasting day, i do them too, theres nothing that burns off fat faster.

nono i dont advice to starve and suffer.i just say pick the proper satiety inducing foods, avoid insulin spikes, this is done by very recise choice of foods, further i say dont panic when hunger hits, oftenits just apetite.

ill say this, yeah when extremly lean,the body will do crazy things to get fatter again, its a brutal battle at the end.where one must stay calm, to not fall for the bodys trickery,ot natural reactions,

theres some main rules but its not overly brutal.once ripped and learned how much food when is needed, it becomes very easy.
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2013, 04:55:34 PM »
I didn't get that from him.  I got stay way from carbs.  Eat protein and fat.

That's a far cry from starving.
yah, can even have bit carbs with the fats, or bit more carbs, just without the fats.

I love bodybuilding more than anyone I know and I still think serious cutting is the hardest fucking game in town. I dunno maybe I love food more than the average person; but I say it's hard every single day when you are preppin or dieting like you're prepping.

All Im saying to BS is a bodybuilding board is no place to expect sympathy for the hard work of dieting. The rest of the fucking universe will gladly wipe the tears from your eyes and console you with ice cream and pasta and cookies and burgers. Our culture loves saying that it's ok the be fat, outta shape. Why? BECAUSE ITS HARD WORK. And "ain't nobody got time for that."   This mentality doesn't work with bodybuilding, sorry. That pussified attitude can't exist, whether youre male or female.
yeah like ppl who say after training lets go mcdonalds blabla.whatfor?only to complain later on about that bit of fat that seemingly never goes away?

10 years later we dont even know the old eating pattern anymore, the very short tmporary fix from eating something "tasty" is long gone way before the next meal comes.

yeah the guys who think adding size is hard,lol,they in for reality check when it comes to getting shredded, and the ones who are shredded will see another level when it comes to water depletion,the kings discipline.

yeah feels better to have empty stomach,can be more active etc.and the mind is clear.when going realy far, some euphoria kicks in.
i read that ppl who starve to death they dont die a painful death, but euphoric feeling before they die.
when stuffed, i feel terrible.

stable bloodsugar is the greatest mental help one could get from dieting.and remaining insulin sensitive.

but ppl wont have it.

conditioned to think they need carbs.thats hillarious,esp for ppl who dont even lift.
they dont know when the body uses carbs.or rather, glycogen.
n

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2013, 04:58:49 PM »
Yes I feel gross when my stomach is full.

Perhaps I just have elite "genes" for hunger  ::)

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2013, 05:05:30 PM »
Yes I feel gross when my stomach is full.

Perhaps I just have elite "genes" for hunger  ::)
nah its our natural state.our preeessors have been hungry all day and had to hunt their food,or collet it, were not programmed yet for the modern way of life,the body isnt aware you can call domino pizza bring home all buffet wehn slight hunger comes.

a normal stomach can take 500gramms of food(but can be extended to 7times its size).

after 500gramms food, (water doent work)the brain in a healthy individual will signal youre full,thatd be a sensible time to end the meal,lol.

same for the clowns who say they need the food before training,haha, its nowhere near processed until one is home after the gym, training on full stomach is terrible.

or cardio,why dont they eat a pizza and bit wine before cardio session and see how that goes ;D
n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2013, 05:15:23 PM »
on the 50gramms food thing.

to signalize to the brain that stomach is full.

water wont work.

but theres foods which are full of water and count for the equation, theyre generally known as "vegetables".

so yeah, whats the problem, start with salad 100-200gramms, 300gramms veggies and 2 chicken breast.but spices here and there.

will feel full,and thatll be what, 500calories at most.

now eat 500gramms of cake and there will be no fullness, tere will be urge to eat more, and after that cake, thats already 2500+calories.
and bloodsuagr going crazy, brain wanting more and more.

sure the salad tastes not as nice as the cake, but a fasto doesnt look the same like the shredded guy.

both have felt full, to both the previous meal will mean fuck all.

one will be a fatso with no energy and soon crave sugars again, long before he used that energy,

the other will go to gym with blazing guns.

n

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2013, 05:17:09 PM »
Yes we need to find a solution to the question of the fatsos.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2013, 05:21:47 PM »
if the madagaskar plan doesnt work?what to do ;D

there conflict of interest, and im afraid the more influental ppl want the fatsos to exist.they are very good and long term doctor patients, they raise the healthcare cost,they feed a whole industy.

diabetes, a gold like "sickness", never goes away,ppl need meds til they die.

some uk flight company making xxxl seat in their planes for the fatsos.

have youseen how fat ppl stink?ppl talk about climate change, but what about the fatsos stench destroying the air?

what if america sinmks one day bc of the weight? ;D
n

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »
if the madagaskar plan doesnt work?what to do ;D

there conflict of interest, and im afraid the more influental ppl want the fatsos to exist.they are very good and long term doctor patients, they raise the healthcare cost,they feed a whole industy.

diabetes, a gold like "sickness", never goes away,ppl need meds til they die.

some uk flight company making xxxl seat in their planes for the fatsos.

have youseen how fat ppl stink?ppl talk about climate change, but what about the fatsos stench destroying the air?

what if america sinmks one day bc of the weight? ;D
I suggest the Airlines start putting fat asses in the cargo area.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2013, 05:37:56 PM »
I suggest the Airlines start putting fat asses in the cargo area.
i wouldnt let them board at all.

i mean where the hell they wanna go?to some beach hollyday and infest teh eyes of the normal tourists there?

they just risking a stroke in the sun.

n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2013, 06:25:08 PM »
one more thing comes to mind.

you know food basicaly has no taste?

its just projected by the brain, through the tongue areas.

think of that next time you chew on oreos.

n

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2013, 09:17:14 PM »

Other folks being fat doesn't concern me. It's there problem really.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2013, 09:19:05 PM »
Other folks being fat doesn't concern me. It's there problem really.

Shutup.

They are our enemies.