Author Topic: Sword and the Sorcerer  (Read 4084 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Sword and the Sorcerer
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:51:19 PM »
Triple Blade!

Effects of Peace from this Classic

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Sword and the Sorcerer
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 02:13:13 PM »
 that was bad ass, kwon

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 02:16:12 PM »
Great clip

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 02:17:47 PM »
Bad ass to the max.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 02:21:35 PM »
The Hero

The Triple-Blade

The Wenches

The Villain (Lynch!)

The Cover

The Heavy Eating

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 02:32:34 PM »
I always wanted a real sword and not decorative wall hanger. I never got one cause I figure I would kill myself swinging it around. I saw on the internet a video of a side of beef being shot with a 12 gauge double O buck shot. 12 holes were in the side of it. Then  a guy swings a sword and cuts the side of beef in half. It really makes you think how brutal war was back in the day with spears and swords.   

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 02:36:50 PM »
oh yeah for sure bro. We have guns that can pick someone off 1.5 miles out and all this fancy stuff..

I can imagine standing there, with my buddies, looking across a field then running at another group who is running at us with swords drawn and shit. Imagine the sounds, smells and sights of sword combat.. has to be brutal

I wonder what the old school did for PTSD or if it even existed back then?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 03:28:15 PM »
In World War II they came back and built the greatest country on earth. PTSD didn't exist because no one was getting a check for the rest of their life for fighting Nazi soldiers. They went to work. Sure what they went through haunted them for the rest of their life but there was nothing in place like disability checks for life. Can you imagine the greatest generation saying we can't work anymore because of stress?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »
In World War II they came back and built the greatest country on earth. PTSD didn't exist because no one was getting a check for the rest of their life for fighting Nazi soldiers. They went to work. Sure what they went through haunted them for the rest of their life but there was nothing in place like disability checks for life. Can you imagine the greatest generation saying we can't work anymore because of stress?

I know a guy (not well) who claimed disability due to stress.  ::)  Not war stress, just work stress.  My assessment wasn't welcomed by his step son who told me about it.  I said something like, "Even a woman would be embarrassed to do that." 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 04:20:12 PM »
Social security disability checks for life has exploded in the last 5 years. Why would anyone work in Walmart when you can get a monthly pay check, housing assistance money, a free federally paid for cell phone and food stamps? I can't count how many people are saying they are disabled. Mental disabilities are the best. You can hit the gym, go surfing, hit the night club and dance the night away. You can also get yourself a night handicapped plates or card so you can park in the best parking places.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 04:29:46 PM »
oh yeah for sure bro. We have guns that can pick someone off 1.5 miles out and all this fancy stuff..

I can imagine standing there, with my buddies, looking across a field then running at another group who is running at us with swords drawn and shit. Imagine the sounds, smells and sights of sword combat.. has to be brutal

It probably did exist back then...but, we are using today's culture and applying it to medieval times/antiquity.
Back then, able bodies men were expected to fight, and fight some more. Screw wenches, work the land when retired, and of still fight some more if you are conscripted.

Hell, the Spartans would laugh at today's soldiers, regardless of nation.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 05:11:50 PM »
Social security disability checks for life has exploded in the last 5 years. Why would anyone work in Walmart when you can get a monthly pay check, housing assistance money, a free federally paid for cell phone and food stamps? I can't count how many people are saying they are disabled. Mental disabilities are the best. You can hit the gym, go surfing, hit the night club and dance the night away. You can also get yourself a night handicapped plates or card so you can park in the best parking places.

To be fair, I wouldn't work at Walmart either.  It's a dead end job which doesn't pay enough to keep you housed & fed.  The US minimum wage is a joke.  I can understand people doing anything from bludging disability to selling drugs in order to avoid it.  I wish they wouldn't but I can see why they do.

More carrot would solve things better than more stick imo.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 05:17:18 PM »

alcohol and lots of sex?
all drugs - TPPIIP

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 07:29:59 PM »
I know a guy (not well) who claimed disability due to stress.  ::)  Not war stress, just work stress.  My assessment wasn't welcomed by his step son who told me about it.  I said something like, "Even a woman would be embarrassed to do that." 

:D

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 05:46:24 AM »
To be fair, I wouldn't work at Walmart either.  It's a dead end job which doesn't pay enough to keep you housed & fed.  The US minimum wage is a joke.  I can understand people doing anything from bludging disability to selling drugs in order to avoid it.  I wish they wouldn't but I can see why they do.

More carrot would solve things better than more stick imo.

If your trying to have a house on minimum wage then it's own fucking fault. That's not what minimum wage jobs are for. They are for kids living home with their parents and they are just fine.

You should be embarrassed and ashamed if your like 30 and all you can get is a minimum wage job. You are simply a man by age... You are less then a man. Not even trying to be provocative.

People want to do NO work (minimum wage job) and make enough money to raise a family. Seriously. Wtf is wrong with you.
$

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 08:35:57 AM »
I think I read a story about some stunt man that died on that movie.  Jumped from a clif and missed the airbag or something.
jack tyree was the stunt man who died. bodybuilders bob tessier and earl "mr universe" were also in the film.
F

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 09:41:04 AM »
Sword and the Sorcerer?

I cringed when I opened this thread thinking Bob Chick was having some sort of theme night at the Mirage hotel...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 10:28:43 AM »
Sword and the Sorcerer?

I cringed when I opened this thread thinking Bob Chick was having some sort of theme night at the Mirage hotel...

That would be titled "Icecapades 2- Electric Bobaloo".

chris-a

• Getbig III
  • fundamentalist atheist - guns + religion don't mix
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 11:13:59 AM »

;D

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 11:17:13 AM »
ROGER B and FUNK, Yea! Jack Tyree was my best Marine Corps bud as he was also "reconn" ... and it was me who posted that story on this Board someplace a few months back.

Details were posted earlier but here's some stuff I may have forgotten to mention earlier.

Once Jack left the Corps I encouraged him to look for a job in the movie business. He took my advice and became very successful as a stuntman and confident of major studio heads who called upon him to solve studio problems that were to remain silent. I helped sometimes.

IMDB fails to give Jack the credit he deserves as he did appear in many movies that are not listed on his site.

More to follow ..... Just received orders to go shopping ....

"Yes, sir! Yes, sir! Three bags full, sir!!"

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2013, 04:01:02 PM »

;D

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2013, 04:18:39 PM »
  booze for og ptsd

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2013, 02:37:07 AM »
If your trying to have a house on minimum wage then it's own fucking fault. That's not what minimum wage jobs are for. They are for kids living home with their parents and they are just fine.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2013, 02:41:31 AM »
Warms my heart to see this thread still going...

Especially since it has nothing to do with the sword and the sorcerer anymore! :D