Author Topic: 2015 Lexus RC (No Not Radio Controlled)  (Read 2803 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
2015 Lexus RC (No Not Radio Controlled)
« on: November 18, 2013, 05:47:25 PM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: 2015 Lexus RC (No Not Radio Controlled)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 05:49:12 PM »
Meh..... there shit is always so forgettable to me.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 06:01:04 PM »
Weird looking front end....
No doubt about it...

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 06:04:05 PM »
Maybe it's the angle but... meh.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 06:42:38 PM »
At least it's still using a NA 5 liter V8 unlike all the stupid turbocharged cars from bmw and Mercedes

I like the look of it

Lexus II

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 07:20:08 PM »
At least it's still using a NA 5 liter V8 unlike all the stupid turbocharged cars from bmw and Mercedes

I like the look of it

Thank god the Germans have embraced and perfected turbos.  They are masters at extracting flat torque curves from turbocharged engines. 

Drive a 911 turbo or Audi S8 and let us know how terrible turbo is.  Even Ferrari has said their next cars will be turbo.  Ask yourself Why.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 07:42:41 PM »
Thank god the Germans have embraced and perfected turbos.  They are masters at extracting flat torque curves from turbocharged engines.  

Drive a 911 turbo or Audi S8 and let us know how terrible turbo is.  Even Ferrari has said their next cars will be turbo.  Ask yourself Why.

My dad owns a gt2 RS and various porsche turbos over the yrs....I prefer GT3

My pref and many others are NA high revving instant throttle response

Ask yourself why?? Cause of marketing , fuel efficient, emissions... Ferrari doing the same cause of those reasons not bc they want to? CAFE???

If u know anything about racing and fun to drive u would know NA cars are where it's at, turbo cars are good for daily driving and more torque.

NOTHING beats the sound of NA motors

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 08:10:38 PM »
Its just a car. If a car can start, it can bring you to point A to point B.
X

Nick II

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 08:19:22 PM »
Mercedes, BMW>lexus

Lexus II

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:05 PM »
My dad owns a gt2 RS and various porsche turbos over the yrs....I prefer GT3

My pref and many others are NA high revving instant throttle response

Ask yourself why?? Cause of marketing , fuel efficient, emissions... Ferrari doing the same cause of those reasons not bc they want to? CAFE???

If u know anything about racing and fun to drive u would know NA cars are where it's at, turbo cars are good for daily driving and more torque.

NOTHING beats the sound of NA motors

Ask your dad what he thinks about his 911 turbo.  Turbos have improved tremendously over the years.  There is very little lag.

Turbo's are terrible for racing and that is why all formula one cars are turbo V6's.

Ferrari could continue to make NA V12's and their customers would still buy them.  Their engineers are recognizing the benefits of turbos.  Not that Ferrari's a stranger to turbo's remember the F40.  Are you suggesting the F40 is neither a race car nor fun the drive.  BMW was NA for years and only recently have adopted turbo's.

Who wants a car with torque for real world driving?

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:27 PM »
I want it.

Nick II

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 08:31:24 PM »

Driving my pops 360, most alpha fucking feeling ever  8)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 08:34:34 PM »

Until the guy with the 458 pulls up next to you...
No doubt about it...

Nick II

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »

Most civilians don't notice the difference, especially broads

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 08:38:03 PM »

That doesn't look like a 360, more like a 430 (it has the Manettino too) but I'm no Ferrari expert.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 08:38:43 PM »
have a Lexus................... ...love it

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 08:39:13 PM »

I can imagine that. People are clueless when it comes to supercars. They see a Ferrari, call it a lambo etc
Any Ferrari is impressive really...
No doubt about it...

Nick II

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 08:53:53 PM »
That doesn't look like a 360, more like a 430 (it has the Manettino too) but I'm no Ferrari expert.

You're right it is a 430, I always mix them up he has both

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 09:59:29 PM »
You're right it is a 430, I always mix them up he has both

That's all well and good owning two Ferrari's, but does he have shredded glutes?
That's the real question here...
No doubt about it...

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2013, 10:16:31 PM »

or the guy in a 430.... or 512.... or 599...

lol.

jk, I love the 360 (and the 355).. wayyy cheap now too, in the 40s $

but wouldn't buy one unless I already had an S55 (me), and E55 (her), and probably an escalade (both, but mostly me) or GL5**.

before that, it'll be an LS460 (me), FX35 (her), and a 95 NSX-T with paddle-shifters. lol. I hate shifting now.

.................. I've always liked lexus (and infiniti). but you never really got that feeling of 'prestige' you get when you sit in a benz or Audi.... but the reward is reliability and a rock solid car that won't make you wonder 'which light is gonna come on this time' each time you turned the key. I do like that they have a V8 in there, though. I tell you, after driving turbo'd 4 and 6's for years, an 8 just feels SOOOOOooooo much better for driving around town.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 10:46:35 PM »
Ask your dad what he thinks about his 911 turbo.  Turbos have improved tremendously over the years.  There is very little lag.

Turbo's are terrible for racing and that is why all formula one cars are turbo V6's.

Ferrari could continue to make NA V12's and their customers would still buy them.  Their engineers are recognizing the benefits of turbos.  Not that Ferrari's a stranger to turbo's remember the F40.  Are you suggesting the F40 is neither a race car nor fun the drive.  BMW was NA for years and only recently have adopted turbo's.

Who wants a car with torque for real world driving?

Not only about turbo lag, but what remains to be seen is throttle response, and reliability over time, BMW's have not been reliable with their turbo 6's at all. With more plumbing , hardware, more failure.

I already answered what needed to be addressed why cars are going turbo in my post.

True "enthusiasts" prefer NA cars. They are more pure, reason why the gt3 is one of the greatest cars ever! Same with bmw M's until now... Read up on their forums what those guys rather have. All want NA high revving motors.

The way emissions are going, pushing for more "green" , CAFE laws are all part of the reason. Why u think formula 1 has "downgraded" if all can have it their way Ferrari , BMW, would keep everything NA

U named one Ferrari from 1987 that is turbo, the f40 so what happened after that... Even their new laferrari is NA, porsche 918, aventador, vipers, vettes, etc... It's not just turbos but the future is hybrid and electric with combustion motors too

Heck, the Japanese have been doing turbo motors with the supra turbo, rx7, 300zx, skyline gtrs forever and they are some of the greatest cars ever produced .

The supra inline 6 turbo and rb26 are very well known since the early to mid 90's

No one is saying turbo cars aren't fast but if given most manufacturers would love to keep NA but times have changed a long with rising gas prices they are forced to look for an alternative

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 10:50:39 PM »
or the guy in a 430.... or 512.... or 599...

lol.

jk, I love the 360 (and the 355).. wayyy cheap now too, in the 40s $

but wouldn't buy one unless I already had an S55 (me), and E55 (her), and probably an escalade (both, but mostly me) or GL5**.

before that, it'll be an LS460 (me), FX35 (her), and a 95 NSX-T with paddle-shifters. lol. I hate shifting now.

.................. I've always liked lexus (and infiniti). but you never really got that feeling of 'prestige' you get when you sit in a benz or Audi.... but the reward is reliability and a rock solid car that won't make you wonder 'which light is gonna come on this time' each time you turned the key. I do like that they have a V8 in there, though. I tell you, after driving turbo'd 4 and 6's for years, an 8 just feels SOOOOOooooo much better for driving around town.

IMO 360 and 430 are crap,(not challenge stradale or scuderia)  458 returned to Ferrari greatness

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2013, 10:57:49 PM »

So u use a car to drive around trying to impress others? Lol

Depends on where u live out in OC California or places in Malibu it's nothing special

Nick II

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2013, 11:23:58 PM »
So u use a car to drive around trying to impress others? Lol

Depends on where u live out in OC California or places in Malibu it's nothing special
I can't help how people react to it, I just know going from 45 to 100 in mere seconds feels similar to cumming :)

My dad lives in a wealthy part of Jersey..he still gets thumbs up and people asking questions everywhere he goes. But in a place like south beach I could see what you're saying

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 01:52:35 AM »
Thank god the Germans have embraced and perfected turbos.  They are masters at extracting flat torque curves from turbocharged engines. 

Drive a 911 turbo or Audi S8 and let us know how terrible turbo is.  Even Ferrari has said their next cars will be turbo.  Ask yourself Why.
911 Turbo, sounds like a vacuum, drives like hell. BMW's turbo engines, sound like booty..
Audi, a tad better. Mercedes? Chariot of the Gods...sound of the seas opening up to swallow up islands.
Ferrari's last turbo car, the F40 sounded "odd".

Buick GNX, sounded pretty good, and the Dodge Neon SRT-4 sounded down right nasty...