Author Topic: Rant - People in the gym I can't stand  (Read 6125 times)

The Revelation

• Getbig II
Re: Rant - People in the gym I can't stand
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »
nothing anyone does really bothers me. to each their own. but I'll never understand how anyone can workout w those big clunky bass cans on like those beats by dre headphones. I know it's a fad but it looks ridiculous imo. buy some good in ear Bose if you want sound quality. I got good cans. I won't wear then in the gym cause it looks stupid. :D

that being said I curl in the squat rack all the time. for a good fucking reason and you'd all do well to pay attention :D put the bar at top of shoulder height. have your bis already flexed to the point of cramping when you grab onto the bar. keep constant tension on the bi, when you go too low you'll activate the tendons more than the bicep itself.

you might have to lose your ego poundage wise to do this to properly keep the stress on your bi's. it's the only piece of equipment in the gym you cAn do this.

thank me later. ;)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2013, 10:06:47 AM »
nothing anyone does really bothers me. to each their own. but I'll never understand how anyone can workout w those big clunky bass cans on like those beats by dre headphones. I know it's a fad but it looks ridiculous imo. buy some good in ear Bose if you want sound quality. I got good cans. I won't wear then in the gym cause it looks stupid. :D

that being said I curl in the squat rack all the time. for a good fucking reason and you'd all do well to pay attention :D put the bar at top of shoulder height. have your bis already flexed to the point of cramping when you grab onto the bar. keep constant tension on the bi, when you go too low you'll activate the tendons more than the bicep itself.

you might have to lose your ego poundage wise to do this to properly keep the stress on your bi's. it's the only piece of equipment in the gym you cAn do this.

thank me later. ;)

how big and ripped are your arms? must know this before considering this

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2013, 12:23:10 PM »

thank me later. ;)

I can never get any sort of in-ear buds to stay in my ears even when just standing still, forget about when exercising.  Maybe I have weird ears.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »
ppl who put shoes off and do squats only in socks.

fuck whats wrong with them
n

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: a rant
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2013, 12:27:15 PM »

greatest move i ever made was investing in equipment at home... can't stand commercial gyms... went to one last week to play squash and had to look away when i was crossing the gym floor... so many mentally weak and ego driven little fat people
I agree.. home gym is the best option .. you can really train and focus and have a nice rythm

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »
ppl who put shoes off and do squats only in socks.

fuck whats wrong with them

I do this…….more comfortable for me.   I was having trouble keeping my heels on the ground and that cured it.   DL in socks too.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2013, 12:34:36 PM »
I agree.. home gym is the best option .. you can really train and focus and have a nice rythm

I have a fully functional home gym, but I find having people around can motivate at times...
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2013, 12:36:31 PM »

You've never trained until you've done squats buck naked.  That's why I love my home gym.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2013, 02:22:24 PM »
Again I hate them all useless punks.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2013, 02:26:25 PM »
ah yeah i trained in a gym where there was mostly elderly and bloody newcomers, i felt like on different lanet, and had repeated urges to never step into a gym ever anymore.

but theres always a busy gym with motivated ppl, i find the motivational spirit of the gym populace has "infecting" effect.

they mustnt even be jacked or something, just motivated.

preferences,i know.

I frequently have to travel to Ohio and I train at a gym there. It's a powerlifting (Westside) gym that recently went with an attached Crossfit (Conjugate) gym. All of the members, both men and women, are on the gas and they all look phenomenal. I LOVE training there and get great workouts.

So, I get it. Around where I live it's all hippos and old fucks.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2013, 02:50:20 PM »
The Yeller or The Grunter. People who yell or grunt really loud, even if they are doing very light weight.
A person doing 35 pounds on the lat pull down and yelling? Smh...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2013, 02:55:50 PM »
I can never get any sort of in-ear buds to stay in my ears even when just standing still, forget about when exercising.  Maybe I have weird ears.

This post is about ME, ME, ME. I have the same problem with ear-buds.

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2013, 03:01:04 PM »
What drove me back to my garage was the 14 dominican 18 year olds....all wearing wife beaters...all with giant watches and phones sharing the cable crossover machine with an immense 30 lbs. each side, doing fly's for an hour.Oh wait...and all the people on the treadmills who immediately hit the scale when finished.
Oh wait....and all the loudmouth, under a buck sixty, twinks yelling across the gym to their bro's.
When I trained at 5 in the morning it wasn't bad but my hours changed and I had to workout after work.
That was the end.Oh wait the 47 honda civics in the parking lot with those fat mufflers that makes their cars sound like  chainsaws.....and everything else everybody said in this thread . The only good gym I ver trained at was my first one.The basement of a polish/american club.It was cold....6-8 members...a radio...2 benches...one cable/lat machine....one squat rack...old school 45 lb. plates and one tiny mirror.Good times:)

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2013, 04:14:40 PM »
There is an asshole at my gym who puts 2 45s on each side of the leg press and then tells his girlfriend to sit on the sled ( she isn't even good looking) and then does some half reps while yelling "yeah Baby" during each rep. Painful.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2013, 04:16:43 PM »
start grunting loudly and slamming weights, because thats totally what is going yo make a married woman decide to pay attention to some hideous muscular manlet guy with a red mohawk.

Wait, you mean they don't find that attractive?

Hmmmm... This answers some questions......  :o

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2013, 04:19:15 PM »
Cell phones in the gym and texting in between sets are the worst.

Saw some newbie benching and warming up with 135.  He put another 45 on one side and forgot to put it on the other side because someone called him on his cell.  I debated with myself about telling him about it... nah.  When he unracked it, it pulled him all the way over to the side and he almost lost it... he was embarrassed as hell... very funny.

ROFL... I've seen that!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2013, 04:29:06 PM »
Wait, you mean they don't find that attractive?

Hmmmm... This answers some questions......  :o
yes apparently women arent impressed by men whos pickup lines involve getting really close to them, doing am exercise wirh the hwaviest weight possibly while grunting and screaming, anf then slamming the weight down and looking right at them with menacing stare.

this dude did that the other night, got really close to us after eyeballing my wife all night, and after slamming the stack down he turned to my wife and just stared at her expectantly... she looked at me, looked at him, started laughing and asked me WTF was wrong with the guy....

I told her that he was ;D :D throwing his game at her, and that I better watch out, all that grunting and slamming is definitely more than I can match and that clearly she must just want to run over to him and jump his bones...

He proceeded to stop staring at her, looked at his shoes and stormed off while we both shared a laugh.. dude was like 5'5" wearing an extra smedium under armour vinyl tshirt to show off the gunz  :D