Author Topic: Georges St.Pierre earns $400,000 for Hendricks fight.  (Read 3512 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Georges St.Pierre earns $400,000 for Hendricks fight.
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »
No, you would fight Mayweather for 1 million, and get embarrassed in the process.
Ummm.... Gladly. That is the point. These guys make career type money for one fight.

Not actually sure that Floyd could knock me out. He would win on points of course, but it would be close going into the later rounds.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2013, 06:50:16 PM »
There is no way a pillow fighter like Mayweather should get 40 mill a fight.

That is just fucking retarded. All of us would fight Floyd for 1 million.

Mayweather got 80 million for his last fight

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2013, 06:52:16 PM »

Mayweather got 80 million for his last fight
Jesus wept. Where is ManofSteel? I need him to give us a passage to calm us down.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2013, 06:53:57 PM »
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-167-Salaries-Georges-St-Pierre-36400K-Rashad-Evans-36250K-Top-Payroll-59585

That's pretty ridiculous for the UFC's most marketable fighter.  Even if his bonus money put him over the 1 to 2 million mark he's still getting screwed by Dana.  Crazy.

salary is $6mil/fight

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/mma-net-worth/georges-st-pierre-net-worth/

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »

salary is $6mil/fight

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-athletes/mma-net-worth/georges-st-pierre-net-worth/
That is the whole point of fighting. You make it to the top for the fame and the money. It was no different for gladiators of ancient Rome.

The top guys make great money in the UFC. You can't compare it to boxing. The top guys in boxing make wayyyyy too much money for 1 fight.

You want to make good money in the UFC? Win.

MikMaq

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2013, 07:21:36 PM »
In all fairness, GSP would probably be teaching karate at the local boys club if Dana never took over the UFC and made it into what it is today. Even single endorsement deal these guys have is because of the platform that the UFC provided...
That would be a fair argument if this was pro wrestling it isn't.

As much as it is entertainment, it's a competitive sport.

The UFC gets the big money because it's supposedly the most competitive league.  Its competitive because they supposedly attract the best fighters.

If you don't pay enough to get the best fighters your league looses its value.  

In the end the ufc gets away with it because it's a monopoly something no rational person should support.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »

This isn't surprising, but at least GSP makes the most out of any UFC fighter. The guy brings in $12 million a year. That's not too bad, but can certainly be better.

Part of the problem is that the UFC (Dana in particular) does all the promoting for these fights. So, he justifies that since he hypes these fights as he does and garners a large following prior to the actual event, that he is directly responsible for a large part of the pay out. If the fighters had better managers and even a promotion team on their side, they could negotiate better contracts.

"1"

I remember George when he first started coming down from Montreal to train at Renzo's.

He barely had enough money to buy a slice of pizza.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2013, 01:09:30 AM »
I bet Dana is paid more than the entire fight card put together. What a scam they got going. They are the only game in town.

For sure,the 10mil figure is prob his pay per card and IMO very concervative. The fighters need a union or they will keep getting screwed

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2013, 01:33:36 AM »
FMJ gets 40 million per bout

GSP gets 200k to show and 200k to win

and JH gets 50k to show
And Chael Sonnen gets 100K to be a human punching bag.
V

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2013, 01:52:31 AM »
"I think Georges should retire. One of the reasons I think Georges should retire is he was on my podcast and he was talking about being abducted by aliens. I was going, 'you think you've been abducted by aliens?' He starts talking about missing time.

He started talking about driving his car, and all of a sudden he's at home and he has no idea [how] he got there. I think it's head kicks. That fight he had some serious memory loss (at UFC 167). I think he's taken too many shots. An interesting statistic is that Georges has taken more punches and kicks in the last three fights than any of his fights, ever.

In fact, 50-percent of the shots he's taken his entire career, were in the last three fights. I think he should get out. I know the UFC probably doesn't want to hear me say that. I know that could be a huge rematch. I think they should just give Johny Hendricks the belt. I think Johny Hendricks won that fight. I think there's real problems with judging, and I don't think there should be a way for a guy to win a fight, but yet lose a fight." - Joe Rogan

And yet Dana White says GSP owes it to the UFC to rematch Hendricks. What a fucking scumbag.

A

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2013, 01:57:17 AM »
Sorry guys but these are pretty good salaries. Boxers have always made way too much. It's not a UFC problem.

only the top boxers make a lot of money. the rest don't make a lot. Andre ward for his last fight was making a couple hundred grand up until this fight.

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2013, 01:58:11 AM »
Funny how you guys always mention the top boxer may weather who makes millions. Yet besides him and a selected few the rest of of pro boxers don't make anymore than ufc fighters do.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2013, 02:23:40 AM »
FMJ gets 40 million per bout

GSP gets 200k to show and 200k to win

and JH gets 50k to show
gsp would easily beat fmj so he should get paid more.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2013, 07:33:02 AM »
I think GSP wants to retire before he gets banged up so much he risks getting parkinsons when he's older. Like all those banged up boxers.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2013, 09:44:43 AM »
I think GSP wants to retire before he gets banged up so much he risks getting parkinsons when he's older. Like all those banged up boxers.

He also knows that better fighters are in the pipeline and his days are numbered...These guys are trying to stay on top for as long as possible. But even with a win, GSP's legacy took a hit with that Hendricks beating. And it's not like GSP has been in a ton of wars, he's won a lot of fights by holding people down...

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2013, 09:51:15 AM »
The Fertittas deserve it , they were down $50 million before UFC came out of the red and started making money. They assumed all of the risk and should reap the rewards.

It's all about the PPV , if UFC had PPV like boxing,  fighters would be making millions.

That just about sums it up , if GSP gets such a raw deal why doesn't he move to another MMA fed, would he get more there?

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2013, 03:54:26 PM »
He also knows that better fighters are in the pipeline and his days are numbered...These guys are trying to stay on top for as long as possible. But even with a win, GSP's legacy took a hit with that Hendricks beating. And it's not like GSP has been in a ton of wars, he's won a lot of fights by holding people down...

this

gsp knows he can't beat Hendricks and now wants to step away and not risk it.