Author Topic: Samsung Pays Apple's 1 Billion Dollar Settlement....In Nickels!!!!!  (Read 3411 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
 ;D

The funny part is that the signed document does not specify a single payment method, so Samsung is entitled to send the creators of the iPhone their billion dollars in the way they deem best.

This dirty but genius geek troll play is a new headache to Apple executives as they will need to put in long hours counting all that money, to check if it is all there and to try to deposit it crossing fingers to hope a bank will accept all the coins.

Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of “geeks with style” and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.
A

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Samsung Pays Apple's 1 Billion Dollar Settlement....In Nickels!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 05:10:19 PM »
;D

The funny part is that the signed document does not specify a single payment method, so Samsung is entitled to send the creators of the iPhone their billion dollars in the way they deem best.

This dirty but genius geek troll play is a new headache to Apple executives as they will need to put in long hours counting all that money, to check if it is all there and to try to deposit it crossing fingers to hope a bank will accept all the coins.

Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of “geeks with style” and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it.

Find out what username "Lee Kun-hee" uses here on GetBig so that we can give him blue stars.

"1"

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 05:10:55 PM »
Have any of your clients paid you $5 in pennies?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 05:13:38 PM »
When I sold supplements at flea markets and strip mals, yes.  Got paid numerous times in change....still good at the bank
A

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 05:15:08 PM »
When I sold supplements at flea markets and strip mals, yes.  Got paid numerous times in change....still good at the bank

I liked going to flea markets as a kid.  Is that one still between Sylva and Cherokee?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 05:16:07 PM »
 vince hustles

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 05:17:25 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/samsung.asp That many nickels would require a hell of a lot more than 30 trucks.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 05:20:55 PM »
I'm surprised Vince jumped the Gun and is wrong.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 05:21:20 PM »

can some one shop vince here?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 05:27:58 PM »
You've been had Melvin.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 05:32:35 PM »
not much fun when you're stuck behind the twat in the supermarket/shop, that's paying for his stuff in bloody coppers  >:(

you do know it was just a publicity stunt don't you? and apple have the right to refuse payment in nickels?

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2012/aug/29/apple-samsung-trucks-nickels-fake

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 05:36:58 PM »
  there is a right to refuse type of payment?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 05:38:07 PM »
I liked going to flea markets as a kid.  Is that one still between Sylva and Cherokee?

I sold supplements at Uncle Bill's Flea Market when I moved to Sylva in 2007 under the tag "Vitamins and More....didn't make much so I stopped after the season ended.  I did a number of things wrong and didn't follow my principles that I did prior.  

I was much more successful at the White Horse Flea Market in Piedmont, SC which I did for 8 years straight almost year round with about 4 months off.  I would set up my table at 6am, hang my American flags up, cook some breakfast on my camp stove and wait until the guy came around to collect my 10 dollar booth fee.  Then sit back and watch the people stream in.  When I wasn't busy handling customers, I would just watch Saturday Morning cartoons or play video games on my little black and white TV I brought with me.  

I sold Genesis Nutrition, Vitamin Power, and Thermolife products...mainly their "InjectoFuel Fat Burner.  

It was a liquid fat burner with a plastic syringe so I displayed it with the syringe in it....worked like a charm and sold cases full of it.  I also had some high gloss colorful business cards for personal training, and a one page Monthly Newsletter that I published to advertise the store and the website.......that's why I give free shipping for....so my customers would get the same products for the exact same price they got it at the flea market....btw I would round off all the prices to a whole number and include taxes with it making it easy for someone to pull out some dollars...also added a little extra money to my bottom line.  I still have most of my customers to this day from the flea market.

Some people may joke about the flea market but believe me...if it wasn't for the flea market, I would not have any business whatsoever
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 05:45:47 PM »
not much fun when you're stuck behind the twat in the supermarket/shop, that's paying for his stuff in bloody coppers  >:(

you do know it was just a publicity stunt don't you? and apple have the right to refuse payment in nickels?

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/blog/2012/aug/29/apple-samsung-trucks-nickels-fake

Blame 333386....he posted it up on FB
A

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »
I sold supplements at Uncle Bill's Flea Market when I moved to Sylva in 2007 under the tag "Vitamins and More....didn't make much so I stopped after the season ended.  I did a number of things wrong and didn't follow my principles that I did prior.  

I was much more successful at the White Horse Flea Market in Piedmont, SC which I did for 8 years straight almost year round with about 4 months off.  I would set up my table at 6am, hang my American flags up, cook some breakfast on my camp stove and wait until the guy came around to collect my 10 dollar booth fee.  Then sit back and watch the people stream in.  When I wasn't busy handling customers, I would just watch Saturday Morning cartoons or play video games on my little black and white TV I brought with me.  

I sold Genesis Nutrition, Vitamin Power, and Thermolife products...mainly their "InjectoFuel Fat Burner.  

It was a liquid fat burner with a plastic syringe so I displayed it with the syringe in it....worked like a charm and sold cases full of it.  I also had some high gloss colorful business cards for personal training, and a one page Monthly Newsletter that I published to advertise the store and the website.......that's why I give free shipping for....so my customers would get the same products for the exact same price they got it at the flea market....btw I would round off all the prices to a whole number and include taxes with it making it easy for someone to pull out some dollars...also added a little extra money to my bottom line.  I still have most of my customers to this day from the flea market.

Some people may joke about the flea market but believe me...if it wasn't for the flea market, I would not have any business whatsoever

As a kid you could find all kinds of cool stuff that I could actually afford.  What was the name of that really big one in SC?  Jockey-Lot or something like that. 

I grew up with a friend and his parents sold cassettes at them.  They made good extra money from it. 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 06:19:11 PM »
As a kid you could find all kinds of cool stuff that I could actually afford.  What was the name of that really big one in SC?  Jockey-Lot or something like that.  

I grew up with a friend and his parents sold cassettes at them.  They made good extra money from it.  

Yea, the Jockey Lot in Anderson.....65 acres, 1500 professional dealers in Belton, SC
A

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »

Yea, the Jockey Lot in Anderson.....65 acres, 1500 professional dealers in Belton, SC

Yeah.  Went there a couple of times.  Crazy how big it is. 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »
neeeckels

IronGangsta

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2013, 11:07:13 PM »
"You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that’s not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law.
A total of 20 billion coins, delivery hope to finish this week."

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2013, 02:33:42 AM »
We used to have some good flea markets here in new england area. (NH / MA bordering towns).
Now its mainly asians selling knock-off pocketbooks, fake perfume, illegal movie DVD's, etc.
Constantly getting shutdown / arrested... Lame...